Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.93 - Bucentaure, acceleration rework and many other things

admin

Awesome! One important request from me and many other players - please, please for the love of Zeus remove that chicken shed from the back of Bucentaure ship. Such beautiful lines unbalanced by a not needed box on the back of such beautiful ship.

No chicken shed means no chickens, no eggs and therefore no mayonnaise!

And how would that be right for a French ship?

• Like 4

Patch 9.93 will be deployed today

What's new:

• New ship added: Bucentaure - a superb and powerful french ship of the line (drops from 2nd rates, 3rd rates and sometimes from Ingermanland).
    • Blueprints will be reworked in the future through the academy building so please ignore the fact that it currently drops from english/russian lineships **Will "Academy" be a building or an officer perk/skill set?
  • New set of battle and economy perks/skills added
  • Battle
    • Press Gang – crew members alive after boarding join your crew *** Nice, TY
    • Area Control – you and all enemy ships within 500m from you cannot exit the battle  ***Aaaaahhhh to counter the coward perk whiners...nice, now we won't have to hear from certain rats any more.
    • Expert Carpenter – increases repair amount in battle and in the open world  ***Nice
  • Economy *** I don't believe this should be tagged to an officer on ship. I think we need to have "Land Officers" who can't be lost in battle. But love the perks. In fact, I think there should be one officer that is our avatar, that will never lose lives nor perks.
    • Foreman – increase Labor hours regeneration
    • Overseer – increase Labor hours storage
    • Royal shipbuilder – reduces LH consumption for all vessels
    • Lineship shipmaster – reduces LH consumption for ships of the line 
    • Frigate shipmaster – reduces LH consumption for all frigates and 4th rates
    • Light ship master – reduces LH consumption for unrated vessels
    • Gifted – increases blueprint learning chance
    • Fisher – increases chance to fish something out of the water
  • Pirates are now considered nation in large battles in the lobby - no longer filling both sides. ???
  • Surrender is no longer possible if you are sinking or on fire ***Ppplllease tell me this is set at a certain percentage and not immediately from the beginning or water leaks. Please.

Fixed bugs:

• Fixed bug that dropped sails to 0 if you started surrender ***IMO setting sails to 0 was a visual of surrendering and a good trickery

Tunings:

• Assault flag requirement lowered to Master and Commander ***Rank 6?
  • Enable communcations with enemy nations is enabled by default ***Does this mean we can add other nations to friend list?
  • New bugs most likely introduced  **Looking forward to them :D

Discuss.. 

Next patch alliances and some other minor things

Same here. Santa Cecilia was amongst the learned BP's automatically (and Buccentaure dropped from 1st Bellona )

Can't understand the hype about the Santa Cecilia though. 315 crew and weak guns, 12pdr/24 carro in battery deck only. Why should I prefer it over an Essex ? Just bec of its better turnrate ?

Does it have bow chasers?

she does have both bow and stern chasers. and she can carry 5lvl carronades on both decks, 21 per side.

scary ship, surprise on steroids. probably will be nerfed to ground lvl soon.

Edited by dumpert

Press Gang is way too overpowered and completely invalidates Admiralty connections as well as crew costs. Go do a RA fleet mission stacked with boarding mods and capture a cool 1-2 million in NPC ships and then have instantly full crew after the battle as well. 

• Like 2

Press Gang is way too overpowered and completely invalidates Admiralty connections as well as crew costs. Go do a RA fleet mission stacked with boarding mods and capture a cool 1-2 million in NPC ships and then have instantly full crew after the battle as well.

Yup. I swear sometimes i think they are trying to make this a pve game. Maybe this should only work vs players or shis smaller than xxx

I think they not think at all or the guy who make this modules etc, do not put any think thrue or not play the game enought for know the mechanics.

A santi board set up but even a pavel tbh, with stack of yellow mods, with that perk can CHAIN capture an entire npc fleet top rank fleet/mission, since they lose in 1-2 round all morale leaving 700 crew behind. 

Stell box  7,5% repair

Sourvival handbook = probably one of most useless module in game now, gaining 10% rep time on a repair that usually takes 5 sec top is LOL.   They nerfed both and instead added a perk that give you another repair,

so you need to spent 7 points, for have 7,5% +7,5% repair?          less then before with steel+sourvival ?  and also twice the time for repair? LOL just lol.         balance means giving  options/combinations not destroy entire modules that considering how useless they are now, they could be removed from the game. 

she does have both bow and stern chasers. and she can carry 5lvl carronades on both decks, 21 per side.

Surprise on steroids ? broadside weight w carronades: Essex 640, Belle 568, Surprise 510, Santa Cecilia 504....

Side structur/ armour of the Santa Cecilia is also the same as for the Surprise: 4000/57....

Bow chasers ? Fleet ftw.

Sry, but the Santa Cecillia is simply to weak for 315 crew.

Surprise carries lvl 4 carronades and has 2 more stern chasers.  However, the 315 crew is really nice.  That is where the real power of this ship lies.

Something missing in this update is the National Treasury, to which players can donate. The idea being that we can donate all these shipwreck gold/silver coins to and the NPC would automatically make notes to sell at market, or automatically convert the notes into materials to sell at market. :D

• Like 1

where is the fort ? and land in port battel like you say for this patch

we never promise anything and you should always expect the worst

I have to agree that calling it "content" is a stretch considering what was promised, and what a lot of players expected. Everyone paid the same amount of money (so I believe) to opt into the alpha and everyone deserves their right to voice their opinions and/or concerns regarding the game since they have paid into it. With the overall rate of progress up to now I won't say I'm concerned at all about the developers delivering on their promises for the port battles and trading xp in the next month.

However, dismissing criticism where it has merit is detrimental to the development process entirely no matter how big or small. It clearly said trader xp and port battles would be in Julys content patch, it isn't so criticism is valid and should be expected to some degree. Burying heads in the sand and assuming other less enthusiastic players is another matter entirely.

I also disagree with Prater that trading XP isn't content, it adds a new incentive for people who otherwise wouldn't be involved in that aspect of the game to get into it and the player driven market that was implemented recently. On the flip side there's more opportunities for pirates/privateers to attack said traders.

I would have been happy with any of the two out of trading xp and port battles, they're the most game changing of the list of updates for the patch and both are left out. As I mentioned earlier I'm not concerned with the overall process of development but I have to say I'm underwhelmed by what has been delivered this patch.

We worked very hard this month and your comment offended my programmers and artists (makers of Bucentaure and Santa Cecilia).

I changed my mind and trading xp will never get implemented until release because of your comments. I am not joking. 

We focus on making happy customers happier. Half empty pessimists are not our market

How about we do ship colors customization instead? What do you think captains?

• Like 22

Can someone explain the officer perk reset better?  What does the loss of three levels mean?...is this per every perk we want to change?   ....is this just officer exp levels we need to regrind up or is this permanent?

loses 3 levels

returns points that are left

resets all perks

I noticed in the pre patch information.  there was mention of changing damage to crew from shots.  I don't see anything in the patch notes. 

Was this abandoned?

this is comming on a test server as said in that topic. If it is liked it will come to the proper server.

Bit concerned about not being able to surrender is sinking or on fire. Is that not specifically when one would almost 100% strike colours and surrender?

A better option would have been to give the enemy the kill rewards of somebody strikes in this scenario. I eo understand why it was done but it seems a little gamey that captains have no mercy for ships on fire or sinking

• Like 4

Bit concerned about not being able to surrender is sinking or on fire. Is that not specifically when one would almost 100% strike colours and surrender?

A better option would have been to give the enemy the kill rewards of somebody strikes in this scenario. I eo understand why it was done but it seems a little gamey that captains have no mercy for ships on fire or sinking

I agree with this.

Also, even though I enjoy it very much, the Prass gang perk is absolutely OP. It will lead to everyone with a boarding fitted 1st/2nd rate to be swimming in money.

Edited by Karaya 1
  • Like 1