Game-Labs Forum

No Tribunal: Cheaters/Exploiters players

CeltiberoCaesar

I think it started happening because with the lower player base we are converging into smaller conflict zones.

• 10-12 at Bonacca, but that is dying
  • The Cayman Brac, La Tortue, Ile-A-Vache triangle

We did detect the problem earlier, but so far it shimmered down after each occurrence.

I also put forth another option: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14406-grander-port-battles-tomorrow/

I called out yesterday that we should form up a screening fleet at 20-22 in front of Port Antonio today (as the tribunal recommended). But I think the French are still un peu aigre. ;)

Lets just do this and have the grandest battle we can think of at Port Antonio. :D

As a side note, those bloody Danish FIRE ganked me yesterday. So a truce between Pirates and Danish might be a bit farfetched... :P

1. the BR limit return is getting live tomorrow - it will stop light ships intercepting heavy fleets

2. Double flag purchase

But the double flag purchase is impossible to fix fast. It is allowed by design and its a game problem/not a player problem

There are 4 options

• Avoid it in a gentleman agreement between two nations (don't know if it is possible)
  • Lock conquest completely until PB rework 
  • Lock ability to purchase flags if someone purchased it (opens more trolling options) and can only be done by 20th July (programmer is off for 1.5 more weeks)
  • Get the screening fleet of light ships and cut the allied attempts to place them

We are also puzzled why this behavior started happening last week. Ability to purchase multiple flags existed before since release of the game.

We do not want to spend time polishing the turd: assault flag system is very hard to properly tune and working on it is wasteful - new proposed port battle set up avoids trolling completely and is 10x better

Option to lock PB conquest if double flag purchases get out of control is the fastest and easiest, but we believe that nations can agree to not use it.. 

Agreed. I think the last option of the 4 is the best option. A gentlemens agreement will never hold. Locking conquest now with so many new player/returned players would be a unfavorable choise. And locking the ability to purchase multiple flags will just cause more trolling.

Conquest flags can also be pulled at the very last second, so the other team can't pull a counter flag. You can work around the problem. Only very few ports can be protected by pulling a counter flag realy.

• Like 1

1. the BR limit return is getting live tomorrow - it will stop light ships intercepting heavy fleets

Good news! Thnx.

We do not want to spend time polishing the turd: 

What an awesome graphic way to put it!  :D  ;)

• Like 1

2. Double flag purchase

But the double flag purchase is impossible to fix fast. It is allowed by design and its a game problem/not a player problem

There are 4 options

• Avoid it in a gentleman agreement between two nations (don't know if it is possible)
  • Lock conquest completely until PB rework 
  • Lock ability to purchase flags if someone purchased it (opens more trolling options) and can only be done by 20th July (programmer is off for 1.5 more weeks)
  • Get the screening fleet of light ships and cut the allied attempts to place them

We are also puzzled why this behavior started happening last week. Ability to purchase multiple flags existed before since release of the game.

We do not want to spend time polishing the turd: assault flag system is very hard to properly tune and working on it is wasteful - new proposed port battle set up avoids trolling completely and is 10x better

Option to lock PB conquest if double flag purchases get out of control is the fastest and easiest, but we believe that nations can agree to not use it.. 

It used to happen a long time ago, just not so abundant as now, mainly due to the fact that back then there were enough players to want an engage on as many fronts as possible and not so many nations being bundled up in one spot. Also most people lost trust in the tribunal after some continuous exploits were dismissed, but with the new influx of people i guess they still have their trust in it :P 

As a side note, those bloody Danish FIRE ganked me yesterday. So a truce between Pirates and Danish might be a bit farfetched... :P

As I was sunk the other night by pirates from the PODW fleet (http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/gallery/image/2433-12/ ) it is now clear D-N and by far not all the pirates are friendly.

Great fight btw!

Same goes for D-N being friendly with Spain: The Spanish TES fleet has been ganking in Danish waters for a while now.

Guess that will be determined by whether you guys will step in against the brits ('holding entitled ports' and 'blocking our fun' suddenly doesnt seem to matter as long as the french do it...), or help out their pirate buddies (...again?)

We call it diplomatic recon by fire ^^ Let's find out

Sorry about the offtopic Caesar, couldnt help myself.

Edited by Guest

Some of the best "naval action" I ever had was pre port battle implementation, anyone remember the U.S. , Dutch , French combined 25 v 25 open world fleet action against the Brits around Plymouth.

Arranged by a smaller yet more pro active community back then with stunning battles and you know what , there was almost none of this nonsense back in the day.

Port battles are not the be all and end all of naval action and we should remember that until the patch arrives the community should pull In the same direction for the benefit of all not diverge for the short term gain for self centred national interest.

We either ride the storm for clearer skies or we drown in it together.

Edited by Tac
  • Like 5

TES is a clan of spain whose members are russian and they do always what they desire. Not having respect for alliances or taking part in port battles.

It is an insult this kind of "never trust a spanish".

I trust most Spanish as I trust most Pirates players.

Unless there is a clantag attached I don't trust I'm not worried.

Some of the best "naval action" I ever had was pre port battle implementation, anyone remember the U.S. , Dutch , French combined 25 v 25 open world fleet action against the Brits around Plymouth.

Arranged by a smaller yet more pro active community back then with stunning battles and you know what , there was almost none of this nonsense back in the day.

Port battles are not the be all and end all of naval action and we should remember that until the patch arrives the community should pull In the same direction for the benefit of all not diverge for the short term gain for self centred national interest.

We either ride the storm for clearer skies or we drown in it together.

Those were the days indeed, let's hope the new conquering implementation will bring back some more fun.

The discussions, as I personally see it, are about a broken system which will be replaced and most arguments wind down to a glass half full versus a glass half empty discussion. All are right and no one shall win a discussion like that.

Like you said, we weather the storm or be consumed by it; and that is all a matter of choice, not skill. A lot of individuals within DAS, in my eyes, have always been a beacon of light in this sometimes dark community Tac, and I'll continue to be a big proponent of their laid out foundations within the Dutch Community: live and let live, and enjoy the pleasures and opportunities which the game offers and to allow others to do the same.

o7

Stop PB conquest until the new mechanic.

Best solution.

If you do not like them currently you can allways choose not participing on them until redesigned.

If they are closed a good bunch of players loose his main motivation to keep playing.

• Like 1

I'm going to start taking screenshots myself, because I was at the defence of PA and I got dragged in one of these BR exploit tags at least three times. You guys even pulled in the whole SoL defence fleet outside PA with the BR exploit, giving a clear way for you guys to enter the battle.

If you are planning on making a statement on saying, the British are playing dirty and we are not, make sure you're not using the same tricks mate. I'm not here to be starting the finger pointing game, but these one sided stories are not realy adding to any of this.

That being said, aside from these BR exploit tags, the whole set up was well done, bit cheesy with the smuggler flag sitting in PA. But we saw pirates, spanish and french working together, so it was a good effort that payed of for you guys.

The nature of playing games results in content winners and discontent whiners. The nature of people is complicating things with opinions and accusations. The resolution: accept your defeat and stop telling others what the rules are, is my personal view.

But then we wouldn't have the toxic slander in here, would we.... 

Edited by Gooneybird

Further to abvious game mechanic problems (as alpha/beta stage) that will take a while before settling to fair & balanced tactical features, let us take some holidays !

Good luck to devs

In the meantime hope Brits coalition still have fun & find glory in fighting ghost enemies.

cheers

Frog

• Like 2

Lol there goes a sore loser better that he is gone than dragging his nation into disrepute. Frog seems to forget that the British nation has been fighting 4 nations for the best part of 7 months and before that to be honest we have had some good fights in that time. But all I see now is moans about us using under hand tactics. But in my time I have seen Spain use and abused the system many times. SPAIN was the first to use the port swap tactic along with their allies they used the get a alt In the enemy nation to tag the flag carrier into port battle and also to buy the counter flag they moan about us going back on deals but forget to mention the part about not keeping deals they made themselves.

In relation France have been in general an honourable foe.

The Danes also fight hard and have always been tough fights while their port battle timers leave something to be desired it always made for good fights. o7

• Like 3

Lol there goes a sore loser better that he is gone than dragging his nation into disrepute. Frog seems to forget that the British nation has been fighting 4 nations for the best part of 7 months and before that to be honest we have had some good fights in that time. But all I see now is moans about us using under hand tactics. But in my time I have seen Spain use and abused the system many times. SPAIN was the first to use the port swap tactic along with their allies they used the get a alt In the enemy nation to tag the flag carrier into port battle and also to buy the counter flag they moan about us going back on deals but forget to mention the part about not keeping deals they made themselves.

The Danes also fight hard and have always been tough fights while their port battle timers leave something to be desired it always made for good fights. o7

In Spain we have a famous saying: " Habló de puta La Tacones" That describes well this situation. You accuse us of using exploits when brits are the first people who used them.

Edited by Pablo Frias
  • Like 2

First: you are a traitor.

Sedond: you are a lier.

Third: you are cinic.

Four: you are very bad sailor and poor gamer, you dont know how to won without cheeters dinamics.

Five: its too easy play and fight again us with the support of three more factions, try to fight alone and we begin to speak about honour.

Six: you only know to cry to obtain support from others.

Meanwhile you are a floating crap.

• Like 3