Game-Labs Forum

No Tribunal: Cheaters/Exploiters players

CeltiberoCaesar

Of course 12-14 timer is ok when it is 6am for me, but a 2-4 timer is not ok when it is 6am for you.  Go figure.

The difference is when those 6am timers are set in Hispaniola it is a 6am timer for both parties, set (by the brits) only to grief the other. 

If it was US players setting the timer to their primetime that would of course cause the enemy problems, but it would not be unfair. What would be unfair would be denying the US to set their own timers responsibly.

The US setting US timers against Europeans and vice versa would be complicated for both parties, but it is totally natural as those timers would then be set only out of a desire to have fights in ones own primetime.

In the case of the French 12-14 timers, they were properly defended by players playing in that timezone. Moreover, the Swedes, who they were set against had a strong player base in that timezone too. As evidenced not only by Sweden taking defended ports in that timer, but also by the fact that they repeatedly used 10-12 / 12-14 timers against Denmark-Norway. Danmark-Norge did not launch complaints about Sweden doing that, because they consistently had more than 40 RvR-players to defend that timer even if we only were able to muster 12 people at that time back then. 

• Like 2

Lol, I've been on PVP1 since when there was 18 people on during the weekend and there was only pvp1.  PVP1 is not a European server, it is based there.  I remember a few months ago that the mods were threatening to delete any post that mentioned server location as the acceptable player base.

Question for you, where do the Asian gamers go?  Where is the Asian server?

Silly Prater Asians are not allowed to play. Only those that play the valiant French and Spanish nations deserve to be treated as humans. I mean how hard is it to understand ? :) 

As already stated, the Brits have a large contingent of Australian and North American players.

At the moment we dont have a large contingent of any time zone players tbh. More than half of the old hardcore players quit until the new diplomacy and BP mechanics (atleast thats what they say, really hope they return when it launches)

• Like 2

I kinda hope the devs just shut down port battles until the new mechanics get instituted...  Although I WILL laugh my ass off the first time some Indie decides to cap a trader at 3AM and it pushes the unrest meter over the edge....  Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!

I kinda hope the devs just shut down port battles until the new mechanics get instituted...  Although I WILL laugh my ass off the first time some Indie decides to cap a trader at 3AM and it pushes the unrest meter over the edge....  Oh, the humanity!!!!!!!

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14816-update-on-the-port-battle-set-up/?p=275044

If we see empty PBs, the mechanic has failed.

Euh, Pvp 1 EU server. EU = Europe. Europe time. Any other question ?

How often do the mods have to respond to this before you finally accept that you are wrong?

Apparently once more..

Using the argument that the server is geographically based in the EU is in no way or shape determining which timezone should be leading. This is utter nonescence.

Preferably I'd see a server with enough players that all nations have players in the major 3 timezones (US-EU-AUS)

So please, let us refrain from discrimination based on timezone, its an old and rather silly discussion.

If an enemy nation set ports at time you can't attack them, set your ports on times in which they can't attack them (or keep them in your prime time, meaning you can easily defend your ports)

If they put timers outside their preferred timezone it means that the ports wont be defended if ever you managed to attack.

• Like 8

Enough with the whining now.

Starts to get annoying.

They loose a battle - its because Brits use exploits

They loose a battle - its because of porttimers

They loose a battle - its because Brits habe more players and Servers Are

Cut the crap and stop Bitching around!

Enough with the whining now.

Starts to get annoying.

They loose a battle - its because Brits use exploits

They loose a battle - its because of porttimers

They loose a battle - its because Brits habe more players and Servers Are

Cut the crap and stop Bitching around!

When we lost playing 25 vs 25?

How many times have tried in Sant Iago?

Edited by Adrianpixel

Thx.

we now have ports with server timeouts EU.

0-2

Buena Vista
Dariena
Brangman's Bluff
Mosquito Cay

2-4

Portobelo
Chagres
Matina
San Juan del Norte
Grindstone
Bluefields
Haulover
Great River
Sandy Bay
Gracias a Dios
Triangles
Baxo Nuevo
Arenas
La Bermeja
Conttoy

4-6

Saint-Louis
Playón
Mandinga
Old Providence
San Andrés

24 ports of a total of 65 + -

• Like 1

Furthermore diplomatic channels on british side seem to be open but are simply unused for certain reasons, right. So pls don´t ask for what you are not willing to give others.

To be clear, we invited the French council to discuss their issues, starting with mutual understanding. Our invites have been consistently met with demands, lack of (constructive) response and multiple slanderous posts by French representatives. We reached out, but without success.

As of yesterday, the British nation has drawn conclusions and suspended British initiatives to seek Anglo-French common ground on the issue of game mechanics.

Best regards,

Gooneybird.

Edited by Gooneybird

To be clear, we invited the French council to discuss their issues, starting with mutual understanding. Our invites have been consistently met with demands, lack of (constructive) response and multiple slanderous posts by French representatives. We reached out, but without success.

As of yesterday, the British nation has drawn conclusions and suspended British initiatives to seek Anglo-French common ground on the issue of game mechanics.

Best regards,

Gooneybird.

I am no official and cannot speak in the name of my nation, but I guess I can resume the general opinion of players of France Nation as follow: I noticed british statements, and understood what they mean. You use well constructed sentences and fancy words so you can shine of the forum before all its members, but you and I, as every body involved in that in game war, know how much Great Britain community uses game mechanics failures to win instead of fair-play meetings on the battlefield the game is supposed to lead to. You took the Port Antonio flag yourself a couple weeks ago to prevent your community to take it once more and plant it before ours, thus I know you're clearly aware of that point.

But here we are: we have no support from the devs, they have probably a lot more to do than dealing with these issues. We've only fancy words in response from your official representatives, or trolling from your players, both axed on putting the mistake on French nation - for some reason. And the exploits keep flowing in the game, making it impossible. So, here we are:

As abusively using exploits seems to be natural and fully approved by our moderators, we gonna put our fair-play thoughs away and start using the same technics as yours. You wanted a dirty war based upon exploits ? Fair enough ! You have one. And, for myself, I would be glad to come and troll you on the future whining topics you'll write about our bad behavior, as you currently do.

Let's get it started !

• Like 3

Sorry but it's indeed an exploit. You are making use of an hole/mistake/error in the game design to take advantage over you enemies... what is dirty play. 

Since it seems to not get through to some folks: The tribunal ruled it to be not an exploit but  condoned abuse due to imminent fix and ability to prevent the abuse of the mechanic by tactical play.

Ruling:

Final Ruling

This tribunal has brought to light that the assault flags aren't a good system and will increase our determination in changed and/or removing them eventually.

There are plans/mechanics on the table that would severely improve the current system, yet they are still far away from actual implementation.

With that in mind we have considered to implement a fast fix/hotfix in order to improve the current system, yet we found out that it wasn't viable to dedicate time to a system we are inclined to completely overhaul in the near future anyways. Furthermore this would delay the July content patch, which is something we don't want.

So, how do we proceed?

If Nation A wants a port(held by Nation B ), Nation A needs to ensure other nations(Nation C and D) don't have the time to plant a flag. That means using a blockade fleet or interceptors. If the enemy is closer to the enemy port, you need to send your ships before hand to compensate for your longer traveling time

If Nation A has 30 minutes travel time and nation C/D 20, nation A needs to blockade the port beforehand.

Whilst this is no rock-solid solution, it does allow parties involved to still dictate the terms of the engagement. The only thing that shifts is the time at which the blockade fleet is activated.

We do, as a collective, apologize for the frustration this has caused. Whilst this might not be the best solution, the only viable alternative we had was locking conquest as a whole.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

To summarize it AGAIN:

First of all, as attacker you can prevent an enemy nation from blocking you by blockading the port in advance and intercept foreign flags. If an enemy nation manages to block your flag, its due to your lack of screening.

Secondly, The mechanic is to be overhauled soon, hence the reason why there wont be any fixes, this is done considering the tactical play mentioned above, which mitigates the abuse.

• Like 4

Best regards,

Gooneybird.

You did not get a constructive answer because you refused to answer a simple question I asked you in a private message, if you wish to make this public, I will ask again:

Hi,

Before talking again I want to get something clear.

When we took Port Antonio from the Dutch, did you buy the flag for Port Antonio as a sign of diplomatic good faith to prevent the port blocking or with the intent to plant it?

I'd like an honnest answer. If it's the former I will respectfully request to speak with another diplomat.

Regards,

Tenakha

Could you now point me to another Diplomat?

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Haven't you read the title of this thread?

The devs don't have the power to define what is and exploit or not, they have the power to decide which one they want to punish. That's why I created this thread, because they don't want to punish exploits like that. They, like you, are making up excuses to avoid taking care of the issue.

They might have more important stuff to take care... you are just exploiting the game... I can't consider you nor you allies as players with whom it deserve to share a battle but as cheaters and exploiters that is what you are. This is not a call of duty, LoL or any ratkids game, if this game become such a game... most of the current player will just leave it. 

I can't consider you nor you allies as players with whom it deserve to share a battle but as cheaters and exploiters that is what you are.

We had a lot of fun with you guys and appreciated the willingness of spanish captains to fight a lot. To accuse the dutch of using cheats/exploits stands in contrast to an otherwise respectful contention.

If there´s more behind your comment than just questionable attitude then pls contact one of our diplomats and probably you also will have some proofs in form of ss or anything else for him.

PS: @Tenakha, congratz for becoming the ambassador for the brits too.

Edited by praefect
  • Like 1

We had a lot of fun with you guys and appreciated the willingness of spanish captains to fight a lot. To accuse the dutch of using cheats/exploits stands in contrast to an otherwise respectful contention.

If there´s more behind your comment that than just questionable attitude than pls contact one of our diplomats and probably you also will have some proofs in form of ss or anything else for him.

PS: @Tenakha, congratz for becoming the ambassador for the brits too.

Don't get me wrong, I don't accuse the nation, I know there are some captains that are really honorable enemies... but those who defend such dirty behavior can't get my respect. 

You guys Are the sorriest loosers in the planet. Your crying has become a disgrace for your respective nation/Gaming Communities.

Hard to believe what you leave in These forums is representing the rest of your community

• Like 2

I am acting as just another diplomat, not as an ambassador, we do not have diplomatic representation with the brits ;-)

Hello Tenakha,

The above is clearly a feint move to avoid answering for your rejection to resolve what you believe is an issue with the game mechanics. Thanks to you, the French nation lost a moral right to complain about anything the Brits do or don't. So gibber on in here... we really couldn't care less anymore. 

Edited by Gooneybird

We are ready to speak with any British council representative. Just not you. After all you are the one who tried to block our flag the day we took Port Antonio. Did you think this would be well received coming from a diplomat?

If your council consider this as rejecting talks...it just shows the British council was not willing to speak with us in the first place.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 2