Game-Labs Forum

No Tribunal: Cheaters/Exploiters players

CeltiberoCaesar

Since the tribunal has dictaminated that cheating and exploiting the game is not desirable but allowable now that Dutch and British are using them again and again (forgive me those honorable british and dutch that dont make use of the exploits)... I think at least it would be a good idea to have a list of cheaters and exploiters with whome other players should be warned. At least until we have a hotfix that fix the exploits.

Please, bring probes of the cheats and exploits they are using. This is not the tribunal but empty accusations are not valid.

Pd: moderator, make this a stiky topic, it will be used a lot until the new patch is launched.

Edited by CeltiberoCaesar
  • Like 5

Firstly Celti I don't like exploiters full stop. 

I think the first thing we need to do, is not attribute exploiting to a 'nation'.

I was in a fleet of 25 brits who attempting to sail to defend Port Antonio were tagged 4 times by 3 different spanish players, first one was nicely asked not to repeat, all these players are 'well known' players, not nubs and all players who have fought alongside you.

4 different Spanish did it again the following night to the dutch

The spanish tried to plant a flag to stop a brit port take on an ally.

So if we turn this into a Spansih did this Dutch did that, Brits are doing this, pirates did that, it will just descend into a slagging fest.

Instead, as a Clan Officer, person in national chat, local diplomat, let all of us collectively say :

No BR tagging.(this is rarely a noob by accident)

No ally flags (we all know who are allies)

No alt bullshit (fleet tagging).

If any of us hear/see this, then call it out it national / global chat. Stamp out the "well they did this last week" excuse and let the Dev's fix the bits they can (BR rating is in next fix) and we the community deal with the ally flag BS.

Coz if its a poo throwing contest...to be honest...every nation stinks.

• Like 10

Understood, but, as I said, the idea is bring here probes and cases where exploits where used. If we agree, and it seems we do, of what exploit is and what kind of exploits are we talking about, report it. if they where spanish do it as well. With no probes, this is empty.

Pd: just a note, "Celtibero" is the clan tag (+16 years old), the nick is Caesar. Just to avoid confusion

All of this mechanics abuse can be fixed by removing the actual failed systems that allow it, when they first proposed the flags system for RvR i was like your joking this sounds terrible yet here we are with a crap system that allows all of the abuse we see, remove flags u remove BR tagging to stop the flag, u remove fake attacks, u remove allied abuse flags, u remove alt account abuse instead we promote gathering players to go blockade ports and attack players and fleets to increase hostility and send a port into contention/ PB status and schedules a port battle for a few days later, surely this is better for PvP plus making it harder and more tactical to try take ports.

The oficialposition of developers and mods have been stated clearly in the tribunal topic http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14983-flag-purchased-from-ally-to-avoid-enemy-attack/page-2?p=278889#entry278889

Cheating and exploiting  is not desirable as also NOT allowed, "defensive" flags have been allowed until next port assault iteration so this is NOT an exploit....so you are not prom,oting a "list of cheaters and exploiters" but a "list of players who uses mechanism in a way I do not aprove"   .

(for the record, BR tagging is being hotfixed and Alt flags are EXPLOIT who can be denounced in tribunal)

Trying to find compromises if we all are to keep them is laudable . Mounting a pire to burn players who "offends" them is not..

Iron Axe from the British faction for exploiting the flag system in Port Antonio twice:

- proof 1:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14983-flag-purchased-from-ally-to-avoid-enemy-attack/#entry278000

-proof 2:

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2016/07/05/160705103007761470.png

Pilatus70 from the British faction for exploiting the flag system in Port Antonio

-proof:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/260463575987671580/4EEB416C77D3C7817626C4608F52A6EF9A372AF2/

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 1

Speaking as a nub: is there a thread where such unwanted behaviours are described? I have no experience in the MMO PvP world in general, and not much in Naval Action specifically, so (as an example), I'm unsure about when it would be considered bad form to tag an enemy.

Hence, such descriptions could prevent inexperienced players (like me) from mis-behaving without malicious intent.

Speaking as a nub: is there a thread where such unwanted behaviours are described? I have no experience in the MMO PvP world in general, and not much in Naval Action specifically, so (as an example), I'm unsure about when it would be considered bad form to tag an enemy.

Hence, such descriptions could prevent inexperienced players (like me) from mis-behaving without malicious intent.

It's pretty simple: don't be a dick...

- don't tag a full fleet of 1st rate with a basic cutter

- don't buy a flag with the sole intent of blocking another nation

- don't disconnect in front of the ennemy port to protect yourself or your fleet

- don't put "shitty/ troll/ middle of the night"  timers on the port you just conquered with the sole intent of pissing people off

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 3

Basically, an exploit used to be a external code/program that let the player cheat the game in order to get some advantages over their enemies or just abbuse.

The word has evolutionated into something more like taking advantages of game design wholes, errors, bugs and/or any other game design mistake in order to get some advantage, reward or just f*** your opponent instead of using the mechanic for what it was created.

For instance, the flag was created to conquer a port and not to be used to avoid such conquest by one of your enemies. You are using a mechanic ceated with 1 purpose (obvious purpose) to f*** and piss your enemy.

I remember long ago of a thread, which many have signed, of a Code of Gentlemanly Conduct. Maybe now it is the time for it to return.

Rank, gold, ships... all of that means nothing. Reputation is all.

• Like 5

- don't disconnect in front of the ennemy port to protect yourself or your fleet

- don't put "shitty/ troll/ middle of the night"  timers on the port you just conquered with the sole intent of pissing people off

Sorry but i dont understand this two ...

I know it`s bad movement but it`s not some kind of exploit and abusing mechanics. Disconnecting on battlescreen is, but whats wrong with me going off in front of a port in OW? You have some time to catch and engage. You didnt? Well. Happens. Deal with it.

And timers? Well it`s not nice, but you know ... you can do that too. So if someone really wants that port, go get it. Organize, put some effort and deal with it.

I remember long ago of a thread, which many have signed, of a Code of Gentlemanly Conduct. Maybe now it is the time for it to return.

Rank, gold, ships... all of that means nothing. Reputation is all.

For some reputation is important. For others not. Some looks for good pew pew and dont mind fighting agains odds and loose ship ( me for example ) and others wants to win game at all cost ( abusing mechanics, egoistics etc etc ), some just want fishing.

There are no mechanics atm in game that can for example allow me to inspect someones cargo when caught in battle, so i dont know how much cash i should ask for letting them free. There`s no reputation for captains, clans nor nations ( standings ala eve-o ). Tons of stuff.

Gimme that and i`ll be hunting all the time. Be it on the good side or bad :ph34r:

, but whats wrong with me going off in front of a port in OW? You have some time to catch and engage. You didnt? Well. Happens. Deal with it.

I suppose the problem is not you  going off...but when 20 organized players do so in small groups in off-hours and log on  all at the same time to launch a port attacks "a fleet out of hyper space" seems odd .... to say the least...

Anyway, these are the things we should be testing and brainstorming to get better options not from our current "national" interest, but for the game to be more enjoyable on long term ....... instead abusing the mechanic , flaming others for doing that  and witchhunting. The powergamer "I can do it so its ok" is as toxic a position as the opposite " not   fair to me so you are a exploiter " one .

I suppose the problem is not you  going off...but when 20 organized players do so in small groups in off-hours and log on  all at the same time to launch a port attacks "a fleet out of hyper space" seems odd .... to say the least...

Anyway, these are the things we should be testing and brainstorming to get better options not from our current "national" interest, but for the game to be more enjoyable on long term ....... instead abusing the mechanic , flaming others for doing that  and witchhunting. The powergamer "I can do it so its ok" is as toxic a position as the opposite " not   fair to me so you are a exploiter " one .

Aaaaah. Thats totaly other story. It`s setting a trap, and abusing mechanics.

Well there are few mechanics that can be implemented to make it harder to execute but i dont think there is possibility to get rid of it for 100%.

So simply i misunderstoded what he had in mind.

Mea culpa.

Cheers o7

Iron Axe from the British faction for exploiting the flag system in Port Antonio twice:

- proof 1:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/14983-flag-purchased-from-ally-to-avoid-enemy-attack/#entry278000

-proof 2:

http://nsa37.casimages.com/img/2016/07/05/160705103007761470.png

Pilatus70 from the British faction for exploiting the flag system in Port Antonio

-proof:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/260463575987671580/4EEB416C77D3C7817626C4608F52A6EF9A372AF2/

This is not exploiting as it does not gain an advantage over the other players what it does do is stop the other players from getting to the intended target so giving the defenders an advantage.

If you wish to continue pointing fingers at the British nation I will have no option to request screen shots of all the Spanish counter purchasing of flags and the cutter tagging that has gone on by French, Danes and Pirates to stop flags reaching ports. Rather than name and shame we have been posting F11 bug reports.

• Like 1

There ya go Ceaser...and I actually referenced this post to them BEFORE THEY TAGGED CHEAT

Attack (now) in play at truxillio PvP EU1

Spanish a pirate low rates/cutters repeatedly tagging Sols etc

http://images.akamai...AD9AD54F7324F9/

http://images.akamai...A14F925CA0833B/

and me asking before he exploit tagged....and after

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/275100415605004937/637F2C91A4ECC3A31146BBBD133DCCAEC5AB6858/

And how can man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fa

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 2

Speaking for myself and not my clan or the nation as a whole.

I find the flag buying  for Antonio embarrassing,  It also prevents in my opinion my nation Britain from claiming any moral high ground in future arguments. Its a cheesy tactic that needs to stop.

That's my personal feelings on the matter I don't want to fall out with anyone over it needed to say it.

• Like 3

1. the BR limit return is getting live tomorrow - it will stop light ships intercepting heavy fleets

2. Double flag purchase

But the double flag purchase is impossible to fix fast. It is allowed by design and its a game problem/not a player problem

There are 4 options

• Avoid it in a gentleman agreement between two nations (don't know if it is possible)
  • Lock conquest completely until PB rework 
  • Lock ability to purchase flags if someone purchased it (opens more trolling options) and can only be done by 20th July (programmer is off for 1.5 more weeks)
  • Get the screening fleet of light ships and cut the allied attempts to place them

We are also puzzled why this behavior started happening last week. Ability to purchase multiple flags existed before since release of the game.

We do not want to spend time polishing the turd: assault flag system is very hard to properly tune and working on it is wasteful - new proposed port battle set up avoids trolling completely and is 10x better

Option to lock PB conquest if double flag purchases get out of control is the fastest and easiest, but we believe that nations can agree to not use it.. 

• Like 7

We are also puzzled why this behavior started happening last week. Ability to purchase multiple flags existed before since release of the game.

The reason is very simple,Because of the treaty that was signed between the Swedes, the Danes, the Dutch and the French, fighting was relocated in Haiti where the Spanish, the Pirate and the British were already fighting. So in this small area you have almost all the nations fighting with allies having outposts and jump ports close to each other, something like that never happened on such a scale before.

Edited by Tenakha Kan
  • Like 6

Good news on BR fix.

And I understand problem on how to fix. We can wait and hope no more shenanaghins, screening fleet can become part of the 'way' now (harder in smaller Player Base Timezones) but also less likely.

2 reasons its happening now.

PvP on Eu1 is condensed to two mass alliances Pirates, Spanish, Danes and France versus Brits, Swedes, Dutch and US. This is loose but in essence how it is.

With the Antilies peace deal (a brilliant bit of community content) the French, Dutch and Swedes have moved to Mogadishu...I mean Haita and all hell has broken out...and some of the best PvP the server has seen has broken out. 

However with the recent BR tag to delay fleets heading to attack/defend...folks are resorting to desperate measures.

The BR fix will remove ANY excuse for the shenanaghins and nations will need to send a pre-emptive screen where there is a triangle or quadrangle of opposing nations within range of a port.

It shouldnt happen. But it does. Lets not cheer it or say its good. Lets boooo those who do it from this point on...and wait patiently for the new PB mechanics to be tested, which are looking very interesting.

• Like 4