Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.9 - Officers, Fishing, Provisions and other things

admin

A "port battle cooldown timer" is not the same as a "flag purchase cooldown timer".

Is the purchase timer tied to a captain or to a port?

If tied to a port, we open the potential "false" flag problem a bit further.

(Probably better to wait for the next-gen port battle mechanics. :P )

A "port battle cooldown timer" is not the same as a "flag purchase cooldown timer".

Is the purchase timer tied to a captain or to a port?

If tied to a port, we open the potential "false" flag problem a bit further.

(Probably better to wait for the next-gen port battle mechanics. :P )

I think it would be ok if it is tied to a nation.

Devs have made it very clear that abusing this mechanic with alt accounts will be severely punished with alt accounts and mains financing the fraud being affected.

So everyone is crying that they cant ram into a Santisima with a Pickle and insta rage board him with broken boarding mods in a few seconds (Yes its a huge over exaggeration but you get the idea), and yet no one has anything negative to say about being abble to charge your hyper drive 2x faster, making ships with chaser guns even more crucial and taking them of from their actual purpose into having to disrupt the hyper drive charge ? 

Everything else seems like fun changes ill be happy to test later on in the day. All besides the return capturable ships ofc. 

French: faster Sailing

Pirates: cheaper crew

Would be the best.

I mean to sail fast means that your crew is well trained and organised.

Pirates were not historical so well trained and more like chaos. So to give them faster sailing would be wrong.

• Like 2

hmmm well ... fine ... it will be instant brutal death for the game if you have to sail everything by your own ... i mean .. i dont play a game ... to watch a big santisima sailing for like 10 hours just to get it somewhere else i mean ... i play a game to get rid of boredom ... not to be bored

Yeah, actually sailing in a SAILING game seems so silly....  More PEW PEW PEW!!!!   

UGH.

• Like 1

lol what for? Who care about crew shock, when you allready board enemy???)))

About patch shortly:

1) defender is OP.

2) Perks shouldn't give so large boosts

3) national perks is OP and bad. Potbs was balancing-rebalancing nations and skills like forever, looking for balance. I suggest to devs don't step to same road at all. Let it be without any restrictions or special abilities by nation.

I agree it is not needed, was just taunting along with the nationals.

Plus crew shock greatly reduces the bonuses and increases the penalties.

I adequate numbers, as we all know, combats are finished by the second round because of shock mainly.

• Like 1

I guess with co-ordinates in game we won't be getting any navigation tools? No need for them now I guess.

Would still like to draw on the charts during the session. Permanent changes disabled and disappear after logoff.

• Like 4

Nelson's first lieutenant followed him across multiple vessels. 

You will have a first officer assigned to you. He will always travel and switch ships with you - even in battle.

That is a bad idea imo, i would like to have at least the option to switch the officer off. I will not take a cheap ship and hunt pirates just for fun without the fear of loosing my high-leveld officer. 

Nelson did not have a huge ammount of mediocre and disposable ships that wont sell under his command. 

Edited by Jonnydread
  • Like 1

First of all, 500 gold per crew member. Are you actually insane in thinking anyone will attempt to pvp under those terms? To fully crew let's say a third rate it would cost 325.000 gold. A frigate 140.000 (which is more than it costs TO BUY THE SHIP I might add).

Second, why would ANYONE risk spending crew on a ship that is controlled (poorly) by the ai and risk losing 500 gold per crew member, especially since AI ships seem very keen on boarding, and the AI is pretty shit and not getting stuck against the wind.

Third, I get you wanted to implement lives for an officer, but this is going to cause people to PvP even less as nobody is willing to lose their high level officers (depending on how long they take to level up ofcourse)

Fourth, Why did you waste time on fishing, rather than adding new ships and the like?

• Like 1

• Determined defender – Officer knows how to prepare the organized defence on boarding. Your ship can only be boarded if the attacker has 40% higher crew. It also gives you the option to use the defend command for free (during boarding) 

Well no more first rate boarding. This perk will make first rates unboardable and at the same time PERFECT for boarding.

You have to patch that you cant take your fleet into the Portbattle because otherwise you everyone takes 4 undercrewed Constis in the fleet and and you only need 5 guys to defend a Port...you just need the BR and it takes ages to sink them all

Quite certain a fleet of players wont have an issue killing a bunch of undercrewed ships 75% of which are sailed by brain dead AI. 

As an addition to my point number 4: I can't even start training a second officer, so basically I need to wait untill my officer kicks the bucket, lose all the perks, and then start training a new one? Thank god the army irl is not like this or there would be some major issues.

• Like 1