Game-Labs Forum

WHY BOTHER TO DO PVP ? NOT WORTH IT ?

Why Bother doing PVP  ??

The XP and Rewards you get for being in a PVP BATTLE is So Low compaired to PVE.

For the amount of time you put into the battle It does not make it even close to being worth it.

Now why is that ?? I am on a PVP server but it pays way more to just Grind against the Bots.

The amount of GOLD and XP Gained from a Dumb-Bot battle is 2-3 times more than doing a hard fought battle vs a REAL LIVE PLAYER.

Fighting Real Players Is the Main reason I am on a PVP  server.

The Rewards (Loot,Gold,XP) for PVP on a PVP  server need to be increased by several times IMO...

This is why you see alot of players not engaging in PVP the risk is way higher than the rewards so why do it  ???

• Like 4

To me the reward for fighting an actual person is beating that person.

I personally don't need any more incentive then that.

If it's a fight that can go either way that is quite rewarding. 12v1 just feels like busy work though, you know the outcome and there is no challenge :/

Why Bother doing PVP  ??

The XP and Rewards you get for being in a PVP BATTLE is So Low compaired to PVE.

For the amount of time you put into the battle It does not make it even close to being worth it.

Now why is that ?? I am on a PVP server but it pays way more to just Grind against the Bots.

Did you ever win a 25v25 port battle? Do you know what rewards people get when they sink 25 lineships in the port batle?

In addition to that if pve rewards are so huge - why dont you use it to your advantage -  level up to your favorite ship and never visit pve again. 

Whats the problem AP?? 

People go to pve because the love it. 

• Like 6

I did what admin outlined, ground up to Connie rank, now I'm ignoring bots and the grind entirely.

A certain percentage of players that could have done PVP are avoiding that in favor of the almost complete safety of bots.

I'll never love loss because of this.

• Like 1

Haha, I guess for some people the only reason to play is get more gold and xp. If this is you, then switch to a PvE server or stop concern posting IN ALL CAPITOL LETTERS BECAUSE MY OPINION IS IMPORTANT.

I personally play games to have fun. Mindless grinding is not my idea of fun and only teaches bad habits when it comes down to fighting human players. I've seen plenty of terrible captains with much larger vessels than me. Of course after sinking one.... they come to the forums to complain something is broken.

Playing cat and mouse, hunting players, risking your best ship, and playing against humans whose varied tactics make for interesting and challenging play....   thats how I have fun. I stopped looking at the XP counter a long time ago. If anything the only real reason I do big PvE battles is when I have a craving for a big brawl.

I am not of the mind that the dev's should have to artificially inflate PvP to get people to do it, if anything it means the people that do are their own breed... while people like you endlessly grind away for bigger ships in a corner.

problem is with lower ranks, everybody will pve, basically means we see less people in OW when the game is already hat gankinf in te 

The problem for new players is the learning curve without a manual.

Add to that the constant ganking in the newbie areas (i.e. Jamaicaa for Brits) can actually dishearten new players.. And that is a very ad thing for the game. I was lucky to join a good clan who are very helpful, single players don't get that support.

There should be safe zones around Nation Home ports where the newbies can learn and care bears can hopefully improve the economy.

It does not matter whether you want to be a care bear, hard core PVPer or PVEer this game needs players to survive, if they get bored or pissed off too often, they will simply leave and the game will not reach critical mass to survive, and that will be a shame

Why Bother doing PVP  ??

The amount of GOLD and XP Gained from a Dumb-Bot battle is 2-3 times more than doing a hard fought battle vs a REAL LIVE PLAYER.

Fighting Real Players Is the Main reason I am on a PVP  server.

The Rewards (Loot,Gold,XP) for PVP on a PVP  server need to be increased by several times IMO...

This is why you see alot of players not engaging in PVP the risk is way higher than the rewards so why do it  ???

PvE will become boring afther awhile, the AI ships will ALWAYS do the same thing over and over, playing against players is much more fun because we never know what the player will do. And sometime it can even give a hug amount of gold in big pvp battle,  I got like 1millions to 2 if there many sols involved in 25vs25 battle.

I think people care to lose their ships like people that care to lose a battle too much and forget about the fun, we play games for fun, does really matter winning or losing ?

Did you ever win a 25v25 port battle? Do you know what rewards people get when they sink 25 lineships in the port batle?

Just being devils advocate.

What percentage of the population can realistically expect to see those kinda fights, especially if they are not in the upper echelon of the bigger clans?

• Like 2

In addition to that if pve rewards are so huge - why dont you use it to your advantage -  level up to your favorite ship and never visit pve again. 

Whats the problem AP?? 

People go to pve because the love it. 

Wow... did my post Go right over your HEAD ?   I think so......So I will try to talk to you again.

This is WHY....PVP is not happening as often as it should.

The REASON Players LOVE - PVE  is because it is way more GOLD and XP then doing a regular fight in the open World.

Port Battles are few and far between compaired to the DUMB-Bot (PVE) battles that happen on this PVP server every day.(you have the Stats)

I am willing to bet that less than 5% of the battles that happen are PVP..the rest are bot farming..Because of the easy Gold and XP campaired to a PVP  fight

PORT BATTLES--(I like getting up at 7am on my only day off to get into a Port Battle. But seriously I have been in several PB's)

The POINT IS...

PVP should give the best rewards on this server...Not just the occasional PORT battles but everyday fighting..

Bot Fighting should be a Distant second to PVP..PVE is something you do when you can not find a Good fight

Edited by AP514
  • Like 3

I PVP because PVE is boring. A pixel ship is not so important to me that the thought of losing it causes me distress, nor is it an irreplaceable loss. By the time I run through 5 duras on a Trinc or Essex, or even 4 on a Constitution, it will have payed for itself. If collecting gold is your only goal in this game, then I don't think the PVP server is for you.

Example of   PVP  vs  PVE    (NOT PORT  BATTLES)

To do PVP....

1) it takes time to find the fight 30 minute mostly alot more.....

2) it takes alot longer to finish a PVP  fight (1-hour) due to Players are way smarter than the bots and fight better.

3) get marginal XP and Gold ( 500 XP and  33K Gold lost that fight - out numbered)

To do PVE....

1) take mission or in my case Fleet Battles

2) sail 5 minutes to battle

3) Fight 30 minutes and collect 1.5K XP and over 120K  Gold......at the least.

So back to the original post..  My question is why are the PVP  rewards not alot more on a  PVP  server to make /Help Players want to fight..................................

• Like 1

Just being devils advocate.

What percentage of the population can realistically expect to see those kinda fights, especially if they are not in the upper echelon of the bigger clans?

On PVP2 I'm a Pirate Nation Ravager with no clan and was involved in 2 out of a total of about 8 or 9 post battles over the last 2 days, simply because that's all I had time for.

YMMV of course, but just goes to show how easy it could be.

Did you ever win a 25v25 port battle?

Most port battles are PvT. :(

They are great fun when they are actually reasonably close fights, but we need to somehow figure out how to make big port battles more realistic. Between nations setting off-hour timers for strategic reasons and the inability to get to most port battles in time, they are usually just 25v0 or similar. There are no real "front lines" in this game so defenders never know where to be.

Would be interesting to know what the stats are on that. Maybe my view is skewed being on a smaller team (which may be another discussion worth having: are smaller teams really viable?) Out of the last 100 port battles, how many involved a total participation BR ratio of worse than 2:1? (that is, how many were probably "good fights" and how many were just mainly PvT or running off a few hopelessly outgunned defenders.)

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 1

Most port battles are PvT. :(

They are great fun when they are actually reasonably close fights, but we need to somehow figure out how to make big port battles more realistic. Between nations setting off-hour timers for strategic reasons and the inability to get to most port battles in time, they are usually just 25v0 or similar. There are no real "front lines" in this game so defenders never know where to be.

Would be interesting to know what the stats are on that. Maybe my view is skewed being on a smaller team (which may be another discussion worth having: are smaller teams really viable?) Out of the last 100 port battles, how many involved a total participation BR ratio of worse than 2:1? (that is, how many were probably "good fights" and how many were just mainly PvT or running off a few hopelessly outgunned defenders.)

This sounds more like a PvP2 problem, though I will not disagree with you that defenders are generally woefully at a disadvantage when ports aren't nearby. It is assumed that port battles will be seeing an overhaul in the future.

AP I cant take your complait seriously.

We do pvp nearly every evening.

Sure you have to find someone to pew with. But if you are on the right spot on the map you wont need massive ammount of time until you are in the action.

With one fight which lasts 1 hour or longer we monetize our ships already.

150k gold is no deal. Thats already more than a Constitution costs. Which is our prime group pvp ship.

the rewards you get is not the prime goal if you are going out for pvp.

Its the fun and if you want to be good the challenge weights all the effort.

PvE on the other hand is shoting stupid wooden bricks out of the water.

AI sails in predictable patterns which you can abuse to bits.

It does not present the challenge a PvP fight does.

And the satisfaction you can have, winning a hard fought battle is the best thing to achieve in this game if you ask me.

• Like 4

I had two excellent solo PvP encounters this week, one on one connie on connie, I won that one, just, it was epic...no boarding, just trying to get the best line/angle etc...went for 45 mins...superb, I later lost a dura from that same connie to an Essex...I saw a Brit connie being attacked...jumped in, he was like 30 crew noob running the connie for a friend to another port, so I helped, but the Essex player was very good, realised very quickly the situation, I managed to get the other connie out but lost my stern in doing so.

Then followed 45 mins of stern camping, raking, and me taking him to like 10% of his entire hull left, we were fighting in a narrows, he played so well....and at the end managed to get a boarding off against me, he was much better set up for boarding and he took one of my dura's and the credit he deserved.

After each battle, I didnt even look at the XP/Gold, they were both exhilarating, glorious and terrible engagements....and hurrah for it I say.

Honestly, if you are looking at your XP pool as a measure of 'worth', in my opinion, you are doing it wrong.

• Like 2

last week, i was gank by 3 ships in my St Pavel... sunk 2 of them, the third escape, and i win a very little reward, (1 connie and 1 trinco sunk) but really, who care about this ? PvP is for glory, not the reward :)

PvE is good for gain gold and xp and it isn't boring since last patch. For me and my clan all is fine !

• Like 2

Getting into harm's way is expected of every PVP captain in Naval Action. Take a underdog model, pull yourself through the fight, sink if you have to, learn and do better at every battle.

I don't think many of us would play the game if it was only about xp and gold. I know I wouldn't.

• Like 2