Game-Labs Forum

Which Are The Most Beautiful Ships?

I am curious to what the community thinks is the best looking ship so far, I won't make a poll because it will be too big. I am struggling but I think currently my favourite designs are the Renommee, Ingermanland and the Victory. I would really struggle to choose which is the best out of the three of them, so if you are really fond of a ship design please tell me why you like it, or even if you think a ship is kind of ugly tell me why you don't like it too. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Privateer, Lynx, Brig (navy) and Belle Poule / Gros Ventre. In that order.

I find the extreme decorations on the Renomee outside my scope of appreciation the same way that standardized frigates for the end of the period - Trincomalee / Constitution and all similars.

Ships of the Line generally, in my opinion, lack soul. They are only gun platforms.

• Like 1

Renommee, Snow, Gros Ventre, Mercury

Well the Renommee is the Renommee. Simply amazing in every way.

The Snow is the cutest killing machine you will ever see.

Edited by Sella22

My personal favorite, and this will not come to you as a surprise if you have seen any of my youtube videos, is by far the Ingermanland, she fits my style perfectly imho as i am a fan of the more older styles, however in terms of frigates the Essex is in my opinion the most beautifull ship, the Gros Ventre is also beautifull but i would not list her in my top 5 i believe.

I was just looking at pictures of the Ingermanland and it is indeed a beautiful ship. I always did like Victory. Consti is my all time favorite ship although she's a bit plain.

I have changed servers and have had to sail the Mighty Yacht. I am not fond of the tubby babies, but they look really good. The gilt laurels around the gun ports look downright decadent. The cabin windows are ornate. They did a nice job on it for an early ship. 

My personal favorite, and this will not come to you as a surprise if you have seen any of my youtube videos, is by far the Ingermanland, she fits my style perfectly imho as i am a fan of the more older styles, however in terms of frigates the Essex is in my opinion the most beautifull ship, the Gros Ventre is also beautifull but i would not list her in my top 5 i believe.

By the way, how handle the Ingermanland? Apparently it has a firepower close to the 3rd rate while being more ''agile" but less resilient.

LGV, (the trader Belle, as it should be named ), Belle itself, Renommee, Bellona

Haven't sailed the Ingermanland yet, but it looks great on the pics.

It kinda depends on the surrounding, too. Renommee at full speed, LGV when turning, Belle and Bellona when just sailing.

A honorable mention goes to the Santissima for her color, which seems to say: hey, I don't care if you can see me from miles away. Come closer if you dare :)

Edited by Jan van Santen