Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.68

admin

Ships for Nations only could be done through the shop, purchased National unique hulls, admin has stated that any paid for ship would not be in any way op so Unique skinned or unique hulls for Nattions could be very doable without limiting anyone from anything that matters.

Well, this game need new players. I donk know how high lvl ships will help on that. Last patches only came to satisfy the high lvl players and almost focused to satisfy clans too...Players base will still droping with that one too.

Aye, game could use some more corvettes and brigs.

• Like 3

My take on "national ships" is that most nations sailed captured ships and also private people made whatever they could so;

Ships sold by game would be limited to national ships by port. (I. E. A British port would only sell British ships)

Players can craft and sell all ships anywhere

Players can still capture and sail any ship.

So basically restriction is just on national ai ship sellers

Waiting to put my hands on the Fat Belly BP and make me one of those, sadly it comes a bit too late for me to enjoy it fully, i waited so much for this ship as a trader but now combining crafting and trading like i was doing and enjoying before the production buildings became a dead end, efficient trading is done by guys producing and using TP's to sell on the biggest market of the Nation or just put a sell contract each few days, not much trading from NPC to NPC possible anymore.

Still badly want one and with a crew of apparently 240 men and only 20 canons of small caliber i assume gunnery and sailing both activated will not even use all the men available on the ship leaving quite some room for a large percentage of marines onboard + a lot of upgrades specific to boarding either permanent or temporary ones, will see all this soon hopefully but those ships seems to be fitted for full defensive boarding + speed setups.

Also waiting to see the speed this thing can achieve in gold quality, fir wood + speed built in and some upgrades dedicated to this added on the top of it, might be good only for other traders hunting and just a big pinata for all other ships bigger than a snow, even when completely empty versus war ships fully loaded with infinite ammos and powder on board i expect it to be way slower ...  The trader snow already not having much difficulties to hunt other traders, the Gros Ventre might in the end be nice only for this, and as speed or even a good tag doesn't matter anymore when it comes to traders hunting because they are doomed in this domain since the 2 consecutive speed nerfs to make it easy mode for boring money printing... Well i will see this soon enough i think.

Still thanks a lot for this new ship, hope to see teleports with cargo removed from game at some point to favor real trading and proper use of such ships, especially since NPC productions were lowered and for some not only by 20% like announced but by not less than 50% for some cities productions rendering trading useless is you don't produce goods yourself, and if you do you just TP to capital to make the best profits, leaving no room for any other form of trading.

PS: no stern chasers cannons sadly, bit disappointed by this, could have been really useful.

Another last thing on the subject of the crew needed lowered for the sails and canons :

On my Essex having crew space built in + purple extra hammocks i have 343 crew, most of the times i under-gun it and set it up with full 12pd's long on top and bottom deck, 12's using one less crew per canon than the 18's made this configuration very interesting.

In this configuration i had 114/160 for sailing and 228/320 for the gunnery when both were activated at the same time, total 342 men, who knows where is the last sailor missing, either it's the cook or he is sleeping or the missing guy is the captain maybe ? 

798763Client2016032711250846cr.png

Both Sailing and Gunnery miss 40% of crew to be full.

Since patch still in this same configuration i have now 108/130 for sailing and 234/280 for cannons, still 342 guys on the 343 present on my ship, one missing.

259297Client2016033114355433.jpg

Both sailing and gunnery miss 20% of crew to be full.

Anyway, after a few tries the canons seems to reload slower than before, i need to dig into some video footage i have and try to see if i can get some exact timings on all this to compare but the overall impression is that while there is a larger percentage of crew available for doing those 2 tasks simultaneously, yet the ships fells more sluggish in sailing ( seems there is a bigger response time on sails commands )  and slower in reloading the canons, a bit weird and very surprising when you have only 20% crew missing for those tasks compared to 40% before but this needs more testing and confirmations.

Thanks a lot.

Edit : 

A very last thing : It's me or the AI traders and AI fleets are in extremely  large numbers now ? There is literally a full train chain of AI ships from one city to another now, really hard to notice enemies as you need to click on every single ship and there is like 20 AI ships on your screen in permanence, if only we had the flags displayed and the spyglass/telespcope available in OW  ... Now it's click 20 time to see if an enemy is not infiltrated in the middle of the dozen and dozen of AI ships following each others and add even more more clicks on the the dozen of other players controlled ones  ...  

My take on "national ships" is that most nations sailed captured ships and also private people made whatever they could so;

Ships sold by game would be limited to national ships by port. (I. E. A British port would only sell British ships)

Players can craft and sell all ships anywhere

Players can still capture and sail any ship.

So basically restriction is just on national ai ship sellers

It would also be lovely if the captured ship got painted according to historical paint schemes the capturers nation used (with possible exceptions and/or options).

CDR? (aka Camp Du Roy) .... Wasn't it supposed to be returned to Free Port status with the "Next Update" ... it has been 2 updates now, and 3 weeks.

I just want to get my ships and cargo out of it -- and move to another location. I have not logged in yet today, (at work), but as it is not in the patch notes, I am curious if it changed back to FP status. Anyone? Or is it still a Neutral port?

Thanks,

-Yank

Nope.

it requires a rebuild of all ports database so the answer is

maybe next content patch

definitely during the port reset some time later.

Will try hard.

• Like 1

Awesome.

Still hope there will be more ship in the grade 5 to 7 because having only the Cerberus => Surprise => Trinco for theses levels is.... Well. Disapointing. Not enought variety of sailable ship without a "Big one". (let's be honest. The Trinco destroy the Frigate and the Belle Poule.)

is the les gros ventre now included? see she not on the Blueprint Path. On Navalactioncraft.com is she listet but not at the BP Path from the Devs. What is now the actuel BP Path? Iam a little bit confused. On the navalactioncraft.com is she craftable with _Renomee,..but i craftet an exceptional Renomee today and got nothing.

I like everything you do with that game, except for some lil things, they are minor though.

One thing I dont like though, is that you lowered the battle timer to 2 min. I really believe that you should of keep that to 3 min. So im hoping you bring it back at that time.

Your game is amazing and Im looking forward to see next big updates :)

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed off topic statement.

I like everything you do with that game, except for some lil things, they are minor though.

One thing I dont like though, is that you lowered the battle timer to 2 min. I really believe that you should of keep that to 3 min. So im hoping you bring it back at that time.

Your game is amazing and Im looking forward to see next big updates :)

Yes 3 minutes please

*snip*

Regarding on where you wonder that last crew member to be. It happens to every ship, there is always "one" crew member missing. Frankly I don't think he's missing, he's the one that is manning the Helm of the ship. You gotta turn somehow!

• Like 1

Regarding on where you wonder that last crew member to be. It happens to every ship, there is always "one" crew member missing. Frankly I don't think he's missing, he's the one that is manning the Helm of the ship. You gotta turn somehow!

That, or he's the captain. If you're going to have, for example, an even 200 people on your ship, you'll have 1 captain and 199 other blokes. 

Might be the captain yes, i doubt it is the one manning the helm or if this is even implemented in game, crew either man the guns or sails or do survival things the rest is most likely not modeled in game, this said i might be wrong.

Remains that while canons and sails use now less crew, that i have a higher percentage of crew assigned to those tasks and compared to pre-patch but everything feels slower now, i tried to check some video footage i had but sadly i don't have a full broadside reloading recorded and visible to time it exactly for comparison :/

- Speaking of the the Fat Belly, anyone have the numbers for crew assigned to sails and guns when both are activated ? I expect both sails and guns to run at 100% capacity with 240 men and only 20 guns, even when equipped of 9pd long canons, will do a Belle Poule in a couple of days and cross fingers for a BP so i will hopefully be able to see all this soon.

Thanks. 

Thanks a lot, it's what i was expected and was hoping for, with crew space and extra hammocks adding 10% more crew on the top of this, a fully boarding fitted GV might be a very surprise for those silly enough to board this ships without a proper reducing of crew size expecting a easy and tasty prey, if i recall correctly Admin said a full fitted boarding ship can take 1vs3, this ships best defense against a lot of hunting ships might be the offensive once in a battle session    ;)

Can't wait to do one, thanks a lot :)

1 minute please

Back to 5 minutes please.

3-4 minutes might be a bit better.

This two minute nonsense is really limiting for proper PvP.  Highly coordinated packs all communicating via voice coms have a large advantage.  I'm usually in such a pack, but still feel that it is not within the spirit of the game.  Instant voice communication across sailing ships wasn't a thing.

A slightly longer timer allows for factions to mean something for action other than PBs.  Players within visual range at least should be able to help out, even if they don't have absolute perfect wind to the battle - because that's what's needed unless you're already making best speed right at it.

The split second timing and reliance on teamspeak just doesn't feel right next to the historical feel of the remaining aspects of the game.