Game-Labs Forum

Casus Belli against Britain

Kayin

There is no need to post your proof Kutai. I will acknowledge your statements as true, accept for the ridiculous offer part. :P

We did call on the pirates this time. They did not come to us. They came to us a couple weeks ago and we requested the same agreement and was promptly turned down. But this time we went to them. To be clear though, we had no intention to do so. The Danes, our allies, asked us to join in a war against the Brits with them, as would be expected from an ally. We were not in a position to consider this offer with our ongoing war with the pirates. It was suggested that we talk to the Pirates and that they may be willing to come to an agreement. For us to feel secure against the pirates, it would require that we had some buffer ports in the upper Bahamas. They declined and seemed uninterested in negotiating anything. That is their choice. We've gone and taken most of the ports we were wanting in the "negotiations" anyways.

Can I please enquire who from the Pirates came to you previously because as far as I am aware no Coalition member has approached you since EA.

The easy way to think of STARS is as a lot of privateers.  They sail under the American flag and do what they want.  Fair enough, I say.  I'd rather they were "in the fold" nationally than on their own, but such is life.  They DO provide a very interesting object lesson in piracy, however.  For what they are doing, against the nation's interests, or performing diplomacy on their own, they really blur the line of "Privateer / Pirate," as was often the case historically.  (One man's privateer is another man's pirate.)  Indeed, they have nominal national backing via game mechanics, but have done their own thing, capturing a string of ports.  We have examples of this historically in... Henry Morgan, if memory serves?

Moving forward, I'd be very interested to see how this plays out with proper diplomacy mechanics and/or national charters.  Will STARS form their own nation?  A "Republic of Texas" so to speak?  Will it become an uneasy alliance, a la the northern states and southern states in the United States?  (Think the time from the Compromise of 1820, a "fire bell in the night" as Thomas Jefferson described it up to the Civil War.)

I myself always favor unity over disunity, but an uneasy peace often falls into easy war, which other nations would only be too happy for.

• Like 1

Vicious, you claim we are British puppets.  Question for you, how many British players have you sunk recently?  TDA and TF fight Brit players on the open water frequently, almost every day.

Open world PVP is usually spontaneous and will happen regardless of treaties between nations until diplomacy is implemented. So this doesn't mean anything.

Open world PVP is usually spontaneous and will happen regardless of treaties between nations until diplomacy is implemented. So this doesn't mean anything.

Actually, with the Danes and the Dutch, we have a non-aggression pact with both Open Sea and Port Battles.

Okay i think this has gone way off topic and has sort of became a whole discussion on US clans/council. Now if i get this right to sum up all of the topic for the OP.

No Britain and US will not go to war for these attacks as it has been agreed to both with the council and Stars(separately) to my knowledge to allow the US to take that land.

So no GB will not declare war like we did with Spain as it is completely different, right at the beginning of the talks with the US council we knew that Stars were not apart of it. So the odd Port attack led by stars would not affect any deals made. In relation to the spanish one we only knew that RAE was not apart of it, which turned out to be more than just RAE, hence war was started.

Going back to the US part, to my knowledge Wang has spoken to Lord Vicious since the attacks and have worked something out, he also told us that he used to know you from Eve and Respects you highly sir.

Anyway To my knowledge most of those ports have been agreed to be handed over to the States, both the council and/or Stars.

• Like 1

So no GB will not declare war like we did with Spain as it is completely different, right at the beginning of the talks with the US council we knew that Stars were not apart of it. So the odd Port attack led by stars would not affect any deals made. In relation to the spanish one we only knew that RAE was not apart of it, which turned out to be more than just RAE, hence war was started.

So what your saying is....

When the US told us they want to war the brit's and asked us for 8 ports for a "buffer zone" and we said NO.  That what they were doing is trying to get free ports from us and pick up ports you guys have already promised them?

• Like 2

Okay i think this has gone way off topic and has sort of became a whole discussion on US clans/council. Now if i get this right to sum up all of the topic for the OP.

No Britain and US will not go to war for these attacks as it has been agreed to both with the council and Stars(separately) to my knowledge to allow the US to take that land.

Going back to the US part, to my knowledge Wang has spoken to Lord Vicious since the attacks and have worked something out, he also told us that he used to know you from Eve and Respects you highly sir.

Anyway To my knowledge most of those ports have been agreed to be handed over to the States, both the council and/or Stars.

Please, Sir!

In the position you are now in the map, I'm sure that even if some US clan comes to Port Royal camping your noobs you would say that it "has been agreed".

You are not declaring war against the US for the Star and Stipes attack simply because US would steamroll you in a couple of nights (and because the nice tactics of the "aussie port timers" does not work with them). You declared war on Spain for the RAE attack because you thought you could steamroll Spain and then set timers that would have prevented them to take back the ports.

But the fact is that - given the actual situation in Cuba - you simply chose not to fight back in the gulf, since opening a fourth front would have been just the last (and final) disaster of your strategy and diplomacy.

The ironic thing is that you committed the same error of the archenemy of Great Britain, Napoleon Bonaparte: having a mighty army but gathering too many enemies against you for the will of conquering too much.

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

Vicious, you claim we are British puppets.  Question for you, how many British players have you sunk recently?  TDA and TF fight Brit players on the open water frequently, almost every day.

12-15 in OW as well spanish  some minor fights and single 1 vs1 also.  i not pretend to see what you sink so dont pretend you know what we fight since you not here, or we need to screen in a e-peen contest every engagement? or post like tda omfg we sinked a 3rd rate every time we engage a fight?, some ports where also contested by small groups of brits even the shallows.

ow pvp  around tordo-victoria is daily happening 

we even a lost a vic who got already replaced in a very outnumbered fight 3 vs 8  and a pavel ganked by like 5-6 spanish,even if he managed to sink some and make a couple escape. normal business. we build ships we fight we lose ships.

I think all side reached an agreement, we agreed with brit, and wen and if we join the council the usa politics will be united, in that case stars will move and follow the national objectives , as long brit honor the border

We all gentlemans here ,talking with Wang was a pleasure, he was in  a corp that was part of an alliance i leaded in eve for many years so was easy to talk in mutual respect and understanding of the interests of both side  expecial thx to this previous common experience

Edited by Lord Vicious

Please, Sir!

In the position you are now in the map, I'm sure that even if some US clan comes to Port Royal camping your noobs you would say that it "has been agreed".

You are not declaring war against the US for the Star and Stipes attack simply because US would steamroll you in a couple of nights (and because the nice tactics of the "aussie port timers" does not work with them). You declared war on Spain for the RAE attack because you thought you could steamroll Spain and then set timers that would have prevented them to take back the ports.

But the fact is that - given the actual situation in Cuba - you simply chose not to fight back in the gulf, since opening a fourth front would have been just the last (and final) disaster of your strategy and diplomacy.

The ironic thing is that you committed the same error of the archenemy of Great Britain, Napoleon Bonaparte: having a mighty army but gathering too many enemies against you for the will of conquering too much.

No you are twisting the words that i put down. Since you are spanish and do not know of our dealings with both Stars and Stripes and the US council please do not try and "State Facts that are simply Untrue". 

Your quote of "Aussie Port Timers" i am guessing is in reference of the previous timers that we had before the big update and the moving of server maintence, in which it was easier for the States to attack us that it was for Europeans, with our Prime Time now being Maintenance free we have set better timers for our clan, which if i am not mistaken is still a good time for EU's to hit us if they wish and believe me we are looking forward to it.

As i do not have the knowledge on what these deals are i am not going to try and explain what was or was not agreed to here. But from what i do know is all we are doing is going back to what Britain originally agreed to have with Spain and US before war with Spain broke out, only difference is that the Gulf and whatever else was agreed to will now be US instead of Spain, so Good day Sir.

Edited by Jager

Please, Sir!

Ironical that's the reason why you got hammered by 3 nations. Think about it.

Ironical that's the reason why you got hammered by 3 nations. Think about it.

Can't resist.

Now more seriously, it is a well know fact it's NOT a good idea to piss off every other guy around and put them against you becuase of there action. Now matter how big is your territory. Heck, I'm pretty sur it's why France hardly see any British in battles.

You let the others coming at you and defend where you have the biggest numbers.

Jesus victor, there is so much bullshit and ignorance in your post that its hard to know where to start. 'Gathering enemies'. lol, we didn't attack most of the people at war with us in this current conflict at all, they attacked us. In fact the only ones I am certain we attacked first were the pirates and that was probably mutual. The French, the dutch, the americans, the swedes, we didn't attack any of these nations at all since the crazy first week where everyone was just taking all the ports near them and there was no diplomacy anyway.

After that we were the biggest nation, the biggest target, so its natural that everyone will attack us. now were aren't the biggest nation and the attacks are dying down, people are starting to eye each other up in the coalition. these things naturally ebb and cycle. We don't want a war with the US, we aren't provoking one, we are resisting the urge to start one against the Stars provocation, we have agreed to let them have territory that we don't use and don't want yet you still somehow paint this as a failing on our part. you degree of obvious bias lets your argument down.

Edited by JCDC

Can't resist.

Now more seriously, it is a well know fact it's NOT a good idea to piss off every other guy around and put them against you becuase of there action. Now matter how big is your territory. Heck, I'm pretty sur it's why France hardly see any British in battles.

You let the others coming at you and defend where you have the biggest numbers.

Yep. The spaniards knows best about this. That's why they were down to 5 ports. And we weren't the only one attacking them.

And since you have no information about our strategy I guess you are not in a position to claim why there were less britains agains france.

Yep. The spaniards knows best about this. That's why they were down to 5 ports. And we weren't the only one attacking them.

And since you have no information about our strategy I guess you are not in a position to claim why there were less britains agains france.

Making supposition?

When you see GB doing lots of battles against Pirates and hardly see anyship or attack against you... It's pretty easy to get some conclusion.

You know, 2+2=4?

GB attacked us yesterday hopefully and we had some PvP against them. (Heck, we manage to hold a group of 15 ships at least with 4 :D epic Kamikaze attack! 10/10 would kamikaze again!)