Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

Congrats for all involve yesterday for your good spirit during this fights.

On this two port battle, french lost 4 ships. À special congrats to Louis who follow order to explose near à Victory althought he was almost full HP.

WE count at least 4 firebomb into playon but only 2 explose.

WE are loving thé way the war is going with no insult on IG chat and not toxic behavior.

The PB timer issue is the real things that make this war dirty.

After have insulting us when WE were falling, treaten as coward, treaten as puppy, dogs and worst, british face us and meet fighters they probably did'nt expect.

After few ports lost changing their old timers (portebello for exemple) is the only way they found to stop french Victory.

When all ports around on prime-time timer will have bé taken what would people do?

I'm not in mood to awake up the night to fights towers. Glad to the british to have enough people to do so but french have'nt. Ths war will become dirty on this point and thé nonnorability WE coule still have will fail.

WE are fighting goods clans and having fun with them every day. Why should it stop? Why when assembling and taking à town with à full fleet thé british can't at least set a décent port battle time ? And don't cover yourself with ausie. WE have a chonese clan in french who are 10-30 but nothing in regard on our nation number. Having 65% of port on Australie timer is just à shamish mark you all have to assume.

You can say many things about french but we assume our choices; are not hiding behind anything or anyone.

Assume your weakness and your unability to défend yourself and defeat us in primetime and at least would you sunk as sailors...

WE have too much respect for thoses who fights to not warm them that their nation is covering their action of shame.

Usings mécanisme not yet fix to avoids fights will not make you get bonjour point. You are just fixing thé people opinion on your nation.

À vaincre sans péril on triomphe sans gloire.

Don't declare war on a nation, and expect the defending nation to fight on your terms .....

Don't declare war on a nation, and expect the defending nation to fight on your terms .....

"Fight on your terms"

Laughable, I like how all the other nations are starting to despise this dirty trick to avoid port battles entirely. With the US faction I can understand, but when a faction's playerbase is mostly EU/US based 2-4 and 4-6 timers are just a cheap way to not lose ports against less populated nations.

It would also appear that most Brits defend this mechanic abuse blindly, Interestingly enough most GB players won't see a PB defense in their life thus losing a lot of PVP fighting opportunities (That would in turn benefit them in the long run)

I don't think it's a provocation to the British players or anyone. It's just the way it is, having to wake up early/sleep really late just to play a game is not cool. And like Kierrip said we are already having good fights with valuable British Clans that are willing to fight us during the prime-time.

I have nothing against Australian players either, they're doing the best for them, but if we all think about this i'm sure we would all agree on the fact that in this current state the system is not that great. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's a provocation to the British players or anyone. It's just the way it is, having to wake up early/sleep really late just to play a game is not cool. And like Kierrip said we are already having good fights with valuable British Clans that are willing to fight us during the prime-time.

I have nothing against Australian players either, they're doing the best for them, but if we all think about this i'm sure we would all agree on the fact that in this current state the system is not that great. 

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12211-suggestion-port-timers-global-balance-for-present-mechanics/

• Like 1

WE are loving thé way the war is going with no insult on IG chat and not toxic behavior.

I guess this is why you asked the Danes, the Spanish, the Russians and the Dutch to come over as well and aid you in it?

"Fight on your terms"

Laughable, I like how all the other nations are starting to despise this dirty trick to avoid port battles entirely. With the US faction I can understand, but when a faction's playerbase is mostly EU/US based 2-4 and 4-6 timers are just a cheap way to not lose ports against less populated nations.

It would also appear that most Brits defend this mechanic abuse blindly, Interestingly enough most GB players won't see a PB defense in their life thus losing a lot of PVP fighting opportunities (That would in turn benefit them in the long run)

Today in Conde's geography class: Why Australia is part of Europe

• Like 1

I guess this is why you asked the Danes, the Spanish, the Russians and the Dutch to come over as well and aid you in it?

Wait, so how is it? Are we lapdogs of the Danes, the Spanish, the Russians and the Dutch, or are the Danes, the Spanish, the Russians and the Dutch our lapdogs?

Could you write it down? I cannot keep track of who are the bad guys and who are puppets if you're going to change your song every so often :(

• Like 8

"lapdogs of the Danes, the Spanish, the Russians and the Dutch, or are the Danes, the Spanish, the Russians and the Dutch our lapdogs?" I dont know, but the only thing I m pretty sure that they are not British lapdogs :lol:

but when a faction's playerbase is mostly EU/US based 2-4 and 4-6 timers are just a cheap way to not lose ports against less populated nations.

Did you know that the Ausez clan holds about 40 ports? That means an Australian clan holds nearly half of the British ports. If it's unfair for them to set their ports for their prime time, then it's unfair for US/EU clans to set their ports for their prime times.

Edited by Musuko42

Did you know that the Ausez clan holds about 40 ports? That means an Australian clan holds nearly half of the British ports. If it's unfair for them to set their ports for their prime time, then it's unfair for US/EU clans to set their ports for their prime times.

The problem is bigger than that.

How do you want people on DIFFERENT Time Zone that sparse be able to actually play without this kind of problem?

Lol there is a lot of rubbish in this thread but the idea that 'most british players never see a port battle' is so ridiculous its insane.

I have spent the last 3 days fighting port battles 12 HOURS NON STOP, not even time to eat properly just to try and fight both the french and the pirates/danes and the spanish, all at different times. British players have to go all over our empire to fight port battles at all times of day, our enemies use late port timers to defend and so must we. If it was just you french attacking us then yes we could have an honourable war just for 4 hours every evening and that would be fine but we have pirates and danes attacking us all the time during the day. we have to make it harder for you all to capture ports otherwise your giant coalition would destroy us.

Sorry, thats just reality. its a game and there are rules, we are playing by the rules the same way as everyone else. we are under no obligation to do it exactly the way you want us to. Its easy for you to say, when you only have to fight one war, in one place, at one time of day. thats totally different from us and we fight MANY more port battles than your players do. you have no idea what is going on if you think differently.

However, yes the battles themselves have been very good and everyone well behaved, i am glad everyone on both sides has been enjoying it and respecting their opponents. this is how these wars should be done in the right spirit and some other clans/nations should learn from this.

So if you want a good war with us again like this one, stop fighting on the side of the Dane/pirates, then come and fight us separately when that war is finished. then we can give you our full attention and return to the good fighting that everyone enjoys. until you stop acting on behalf of the Danes, we cannot do that because we have to go back and save our capital.

Its simple to understand! we have to do what is needed to survive.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

The problem is bigger than that.

How do you want people on DIFFERENT Time Zone that sparse be able to actually play without this kind of problem?

We all KNOW that, and want the timers to be replaced by something better.

What I don't like is everyone beating up on the Aussies for having the audacity to live in a different part of the world, and for using the game mechanics as they stand in exactly the same way as everyone else does.

US player sets a timer to US primetime: nobody says a word.

EU player sets a timer to EU primetime: nobody says a word.

Australian player sets a timer to Australian primetime: "OMG! So unfair! Exploit! Unsporting!"

Edited by Musuko42
  • Like 1

US player sets a timer to US primetime for battle against US: nobody says a word.

EU player sets a timer to EU primetime for battle against EU: nobody says a word.

Australian player sets a timer to Australian primetime for battle against EU: "OMG! So unfair! Exploit! Unsporting!"

Fixed.

Please say everything when you make tell what's going on.

Edited by KuroNyra

The British Empire really rallied today and faught a varied campaign across the map attacking and defending PBs for a 24hr period.

We took:

Savannah La Mar, Montego Bay, Saint Ann - 2am-4am

Little Cayman and defended Robras - 10am-12pm

Port Antonio - 2pm-4pm

Tiburon  - 6pm-8pm

Les Cayes and defended Jeremie - 8pm-10pm

Portilo - 10pm-12am

We lost a few too, but everyone got stuck in and it's been a truly amazing day to be a part of. Yes we have had to set less sociable timers on our 3rd front for obvious reasons. However we have also been hit with similar timers on our home territory but we didn't complain, we got it together and came up with a solution. I encourage others to do the same.

My thanks to guys like G'Kar who seems to have gone non-stop for 24hrs whipping our players into shape using players from every timezone. And let it be said, most but not all of these had defenders in.

Edited by Richmuel UK
  • Like 3

It's good to read that everyone is happy and enjoying themselves whatever the result to their side. Was starting to despair at reading nothing but snidey comments for the last week. Looking forward to reading up more battle reports. Good luck all

Edit: it's like a breath of fresh air makes the game tens times more enjoyable.

This. So very this! Keep on having fun. ????

I'll try to.

I'm afraid I don't understand what point you are trying to make with your edit. Can you clarify?

Basicly, people don't complain about US putting there US prime time because it is made against US Player; so player who got the same Prime Time.

Same goes for EU against EU player.

But:

If during a war player of US put a timer to US Prime Time to face EU Player who have a completly different Prime Time. It will make it extremely difficult for the EU to follow it since the US Prime Time is when the EU are SLEEPING.

Yes, there WILL be complains.

This is a war, yes. But this is also a video and that sort of behavior can be considered by a lot has unsportsmanlike and even douche bag.

For the current case, there was THIS with Australian putting Australian time to face EU player (so again in a time where it was difficult for us to play since the human body require sleep.) But there was in bonus the fact the town attacked was supposedly unattackable because the timer was set for EU. Yet it apparently did not work because the Brits could place the timer they wanted. (Work in Progress I guess dev? :P )

Do you understand now? :)

I wasn't at the battle tonight, what happened?

Today, braves frenchmens accept to let whore and women on bed and awake up in middle of night to fight this autralians that everyone is speaking about.

French fleet manage to capture 2 ports set up on Australian time.

By the way, french fleet have seen 3 british player on the supposed 50 that can be there. It seems they are just a dream on british council.

Buena vista: 25 french 0 english/Australian

Porto Bello: 25 french 3 brits

It's a prove this timer are just set up as exploiting system timer to decreasethe ability for others nation to fight you rather than giving primetime battle for teamate that don't exist.

The ones fighting us with honnor on Panama are like us not able to awake up in middle of night to defend/attack ports. It's not to blame them but everyone have to sleep someday.

When the UE primetime battles will be finish with all british ports around capture, the war will stop due of no more target in sight.

French will have win it, but and the english and the game will lost something. The first one reputation and honnor, the second one, reputation and player

It's a loose loose for everyone.

One more time, awake up before it's too late and stop playing as troll. You're empire is too big to be defended and it's how the game is suppoed to work. You're expanding, become too big, are attack on your far frontier, have hard work to stop the ennemy on your core territory, build peace, and attack the new big empire that is in the same situaiton as you.

Exploiting mecanism to stick in a big empire is just destroying the game as first you make many spanish player stop and soon you will make many captain stop too, not because they are boring but because you show to everyone the game mecanism are broken and devs don't have time atm to focus on it.

Stop hiding, assume your behaviors. British council, you

• Like 3

Today, braves frenchmens accept to let whore and women on bed and awake up in middle of night to fight this autralians that everyone is speaking about.

French fleet manage to capture 2 ports set up on Australian time.

By the way, french fleet have seen 3 british player on the supposed 50 that can be there. It seems they are just a dream on british council.

Buena vista: 25 french 0 english/Australian

Porto Bello: 25 french 3 brits

It's a prove this timer are just set up as exploiting system timer to decreasethe ability for others nation to fight you rather than giving primetime battle for teamate that don't exist.

The ones fighting us with honnor on Panama are like us not able to awake up in middle of night to defend/attack ports. It's not to blame them but everyone have to sleep someday.

When the UE primetime battles will be finish with all british ports around capture, the war will stop due of no more target in sight.

French will have win it, but and the english and the game will lost something. The first one reputation and honnor, the second one, reputation and player

One more time, awake up before it's too late and stop playing as troll. You're empire is too big to be defended and it's how the game is suppoed to work. You're expanding, become too big, are attack on your far frontier, have hard work to stop the ennemy on your core territory, build peace, and attack the new big empire that is in the same situaiton as you.

Exploiting mecanism to stick in a big empire is just destroying the game as first you make many spanish player stop and soon you will make many captain stop too, not because they are boring but because you show to everyone the game mecanism are broken and devs don't have time atm to focus on it.

Wow, waking up to see no one defending it, that would have made me so salty  <_<

Grats on those who wake up to do it by the way ! 

Looking at the first page of this topic never have been so funny now  :D

On a personal note and unrelated to the GB council, I feel it's not the place of the 'Russian' French to talk of reputation and honour... especially from the very nation that folded and surrendered in a weekend, and now with the backing of their paymaster, claims to be the righteous and victorious French!

Respect is a two way process and though I personally held the French in the highest, your actions since your occupation and been nothing but cowardly and weak. To now place yourselves on a pedestal as 'moral guardians' is an insult the the word Honour!

Sir, look to the Spanish and the Free French clans as an example of integrity and true fighting spirit!

• Like 1

The fact that the ports were undefended proves only that the ports were undefended. you will also see that they were no longer properly defended during the day either. Even the Aus players have to be fighting at other places at 2AM, there are pirates to fight then. we do not have enough AUS players do defend everywhere either.

You are basicly saying we are dishonourable for having a big empire, that somehow this is us unfairly ruining the game. that is all.

When we capture a port 25v0 in the middle of the night you accuse us of 'not having jobs' and 'being cowards' or even 'exploiting'. when you do it, it is brave. When your entire nation gets rolled over and you surrender (because no one was defending your ports) thats fine. when you then do whatever the danes tell you to do, thats fine. but when the british can defend every single port, we are dishonourable?

What? you just will use any excuse to say it, it does not make it true. we had a good 3 days of very close fighting between the french and british in panama and petty people like you seek to ruin it here. the war was done in good spirit and it was a lot of fun. however the british had to leave to go to Jamaica, so if anyone is ruining the fighting it is you, by doing it with the danes instead of on your own. if you want a good honourable war, leave the danish slavery and come on your own without spanish, danes and pirates helping you in other places to make sure we cant properly fight back.

Is it honourable to keep fighting us when you know we cannot fight back?

I call you hypocrite sir.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 3