Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

It was not a bug exploit, You didn't set a timer when it was captured, the fact that you set it the day after means it wasn't going to come into play until after maintenance. So the capture window was any time, and it was taken.

Fair enough, that a fault from our part if that wasn't a bug. But to see you putting those boring timers early in the morning just to keep us from attacking you means a lot. Because you obviously know that we don't have much players outside of Europe to capture that port. And you know that the Devs will probably do something about it because i'm pretty sure every nation was at some point bothered by it. 

It's just funny to see that a lot of you were just condescending towards French nation as Cowards / Russian Lapdogs / No-Threat Nation and now you're using every dirty tricks you can use to fight us back.

And don't even complain about getting attacked by numerous factions, at some point France was attacked by the Danish / Netherlands and i don't think people want you to reduce your faction to a 1-port nation because that would be impossible and not that fun, you still have huge lands and you should look at how you treated Spain and how you managed to lose the French Alliance before blaming our supposedly treason.

Fun fact: I was the one that gave the order to pull out the fleet that was inside New Edinburgh nearly 10-15 minutes before your own assault fleet arrived.

Don't keep up any pretence there was a proper defence at New Edinburgh, because the only ships that were in that area were with the lighter screening squadrons.

Don't worry, we saw all of that thanks to our mighty Cutters  :P

I see some Brits are claiming that they have to fight everyone, and they are smaller than Denmark-Norway. What a pile of rubbish!

First of all.

In the beginning of this game, British led charges against Denmark-Norway, and had Spanish, French and Swedes to buy flags at us simultaneously.

With the playerbase the British had against us in the beginning, it's a miracle that they did not turn us into a 1 port nation.

We had to organize ourselves from day one, and we did.

While the British kept using their allies to keep pressure on other small nations themselves expanded and grew big.

The first British mistake, was to give English Harbour and Saint Johns to the Swedish, against a clan called WIS's will. They were stationed there and wanted that to be their home region.

By dobbelcrossing WIS, and giving those ports to Sweden, we actually had no British presence in the East, however the British were closing in from Haiti. We then quickly did what we could to remove

the Spanish from Northern Haiti, in what we succeeded.

We then managed to hold stand stopping a British advance in Higuey. Even thou the British tried some long distance attacks and surprise attacks on Fredriksted, that they never managed to do.

We got a deal then with Pirates, not to attack one anothers ports, basically securing our Samana / Bahia Escocesa front. So now, we only had to focus on 2 fronts. East and West.

French were occupied south vs Dutch, and Swedes still kept harassing us on the East. However French kept their promise to British and Swedes and helped whenever they were asked. Buying flags and screening for their allies.

We were still barely holding on to Higuey the times that the British attacked. Then the great fortune appeared. Pirates managed to take Les Gonaives! And intel told us Brits wanted it back at all costs. We planted some leads and everything pointed that the Brits were fixated on having an offensive against Pirates, at all costs. They were willing to let the Swedes and French die if necessary..... We double checked if it was possible to leave our West front open for just one day! And belive it or not..... It was, not only for 1 day but also for the following day the British did nothing. They did not even make a fake flag for Higuey so we would have to sit tight with 25 3rd rates there.

It's amazing, that an ally that had been given so much in an alliance, was not willing to spend the cost of a single flag to save an entire nation and ally!

During all the peacetalks we had with both Sweden and France, we gave the Swedes back all their ports, we took nothing from them. We had Oranjestad and Fort Baai before the offensive. We kept Marigot and Fort Baai. The Swedes wanted Oranjestad because it was closer to Gustavia, and we gave it to them.

French got all their ports back except for 2 ports taken by Denmark-Norway. We captured 14 ports from them, and returned 12.

And during all this, his noble Sir Charles Caldwell still encouraged France to fight! Well, if Britain was not willing to spend gold to allow them to fight why would they ever again listen to you.

Let us all be fair. Denmark-Norway did not at this point consider an alliance with the French to be possible. We wanted our closest neighbour to be our allied. The Swedes were given alot of privileges, and they were handed the best negotiation cards. They however was not so easily persuaded to cooperate.

The French had realised that a war between us would only weaken us in the long term. They contacted the Danish-Norwegian embassy in Christiansted, and so the story begins. They told us how they felt deserted, they asked us to help bringing them into the fight against a nation that had used them for own personal gain. They asked us if we wanted to be their friend, and yes, we became friends, allies and now brothers in arms.

I salute the French for rising up again, rising up against those who did them wrong in the first place! And I assure you! Denmark-Norway will not take as easy on our alliance as the British did.

Having this in mind, can you really blame the French for declaring war on British?

no one cares m8... k

• Like 1

Yup, I'm pretty sure I'd also get mad if I lost an expensive ship, and then have some minor Capitaine de Corvette tell me it's my own fault.

Please don't work such a strong blame game into your own nation yet. That's not helpful and we'd like more good fights.

Except no one was mad on teamspeak. Those who didn't agree to lose their ships escaped, those who didn't care attacked you near the forts.

Or can you read minds telepathically?

Un petit godet pour moi :3

Rousseau, I'll put it bluntly.

We don't want to fight you. The Pirates/Danes are more important. You came down here to get a fight because you are bored over in the east, and go towards helping taking players away from the northern front. Call us cowards, call us unfair, poor sportsmanship or anything else - it still won't change what we are doing.

Also if you want to speak about poorly-timed ports, just take a glance at Jamaica. Very prime EU times, aren't they?

The "French Alliance" you speak of was made pre-OA, and between one particular British Clan and the French. That was hopeless to follow through with just looking at the distance between the two factions, let alone the risk travelling along the way.

There's little room for genuine enjoyment in this game when you have to go X region to defend against X faction, only to turn about and head to the next region to fight X other faction- then to teleport elsewhere just to defend/attack another separate region. If we can close off another defence battle by nullifying any chance of attack, it's only sensible.

P.S: Every faction bar the Dutch/US are attacking us, with the intent more than likely being reducing GB to nothing more than their capital. Or ganking new players outside PR, as the Pirates/Danes seem to be avid in doing.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 1

Yup, I'm pretty sure I'd also get mad if I lost an expensive ship, and then have some minor Capitaine de Corvette tell me it's my own fault.

Please don't work such a strong blame game into your own nation yet. That's not helpful and we'd like more good fights.

Have a HARD TIME to understand huh?

Each people who took part of in the Battle France side KNEW they could lost there ship and everybody agreed with that risk.

Ho, but you can't know. You weren't there. :)

Edited by KuroNyra
  • Like 1

Also if you want to speak about poorly-timed ports, just take a glance at Jamaica. Very prime EU times, aren't they?

Oh because you think i'm only complaining just because it's affecting me ? No i find Port Battle Mechanics and the Timers completly absurd at this point and it needs a rework. 

Actually i think we should give people more time to react to a port battle, giving opportunities to a larger portion of players to play a part in it. Doing so would make the timer irrelevant.

Destroying Towers is not fun.

Fighting a fleet behind Towers is not fun.

Everyone would probably gladly enjoy sea battles rather than that.

Edited by Thomas Rousseau

Fair enough, that a fault from our part if that wasn't a bug. But to see you putting those boring timers early in the morning just to keep us from attacking you means a lot. Because you obviously know that we don't have much players outside of Europe to capture that port. And you know that the Devs will probably do something about it because i'm pretty sure every nation was at some point bothered by it.

Australians took the port, Australians set the timer to a time they can defend. That's exactly how the system is supposed to work.

• Like 1

Australians took the port, Australians set the timer to a time they can defend. That's exactly how the system is supposed to work.

Fair enough, but it's just showing that the current system is not working properly. You can't expect people to be up around 4AM to 6AM in order to capture a port.

You either re-work that or you simply create servers according with time-zones.

Have a HARD TIME to understand huh?

Each people who took part of in the Battle France side KNEW they could lost there ship and everybody agreed with that risk.

Ho, but you can't know. You weren't there. :)

how do you know I wasn't there? :)

from my personal gallery

cved5G7.png

This is about one thing only: Every time you lose, you claim it was not a real attack.

But to see you putting those boring timers early in the morning just to keep us from attacking you means a lot.

When a clan captures a port, they set the timers to when their members can be online to defend it. The Ausez clan has many Australian players. When they capture a port, they set it to when's convenient for those players to defend that port, in exactly the same way as every other clan in every other timezone.

You're going to have to explain why it's fair for US or EU players to set timers for when Australians are asleep or at work, but it's not fair when Australians do the exact same thing.

Edited by Musuko42

how do you know I wasn't there? :)

from my personal gallery

cved5G7.png

This is about one thing only: Every time you lose, you claim it was not a real attack.

Except one thing. This is NOT the battle for Pleyon, but it was the blocus attack for New Edinbhurg. And that one was made to prevent you from reaching the PB of N.Edinburg.

Nice try, but you only look even more ridiculous now.

Edited by KuroNyra
  • Like 2

wow you are on toxic little guy. No point in talking to you, grow up.

You talk about a battle who was for us mostly for the PvP. You say this isn't the case because of course you KNOW how we did in our Team Speak server.

After I point out you probably weren't there, you post a picture of ANOTHER battle selling it like it was THE Battle we were talking about earlier and I tell you it's not.

And I'm the toxic?

Since you arrived in that thread you have done nothing than mocking and agressive attitude. If someone is Toxic, it is definitly you.

• Like 1

"Broken", "toxic", etc.. the internet is choke-full of those boring catchwords whose ever-increasing use denote an appalling lack of imagination and vocable. Yawn.

But now I'm just trolling. I feel it's way past time we close the thread.

• Like 1

I never talked about a particular battle, but hey, go ahead and keep going. You've not even been here for a week. Makes me wonder who you were last week.

Real attack was New Edingbhurg.

Pleyon was actually a PvP battle more here to bring down the more ship we could and have some fun in PvP. The city was actually secondary.

I wonder how I would feel if I had commited an expensive ship to a port attack, fought a large defense fleet, lost my ship and on the next day would get my allies smear on the forum that that attack "wasn't a real attack".

I'd probably get mad.

We talked before of the Battle done at Pleyon, explaining that this battle was not intended to be a real capture intent, but more of a Battle for the lulz and the joy of PvP.

You arrived like if you knew everything and told basicly "hahaha yes whatev" and I explained again.

But you seem to be good at missing what cannot be missed.

But yeah, go ahead, keep talking with your big boots telling us what we did in our own TS Channel.

Go ahead: make my day.

Edited by KuroNyra

'But yeah, go ahead, keep talking with your big boots telling us what we did in our own TS Channel.

Go ahead: make my day'

yet the French are all in here telling us what we were doing in TS. so, hypocrite much?

• Like 1