Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

Seems like a legit tactic. If it looks like you might lose withdraw. You both save your ships and rob your enemy of a victory.

Although we are Pirates so we would have just rammed everyone until we blew up if it looked like we might lose.

• Like 1

Seems like a legit tactic. If it looks like you might lose withdraw. You both save your ships and rob your enemy of a victory.

Although we are Pirates so we would have just rammed everyone until we blew up if it looked like we might lose.

Just like the rouge Dutch clans XD

Rob of a bigger victory (though of course we did capture a Victory in our victory).

Nothing wrong with cutting your losses, but 15 minutes in, when you've lost 1 or 2 ships and both sides have only made one turn seemed a bit hasty!

• Like 3

Rob of a bigger victory (though of course we did capture a Victory in our victory).

Nothing wrong with cutting your losses, but 15 minutes in, when you've lost 1 or 2 ships and both sides have only made one turn seemed a bit hasty!

As good captains, and soldiers, we are listening and executing our admiral orders, without discussing it. ^^

I'm a fan of the pirate tactic, that's why i like fighting you guys! You just keep going and do your best to inflict losses. You might just manage confusion and panic while doing it too. And at the end of it you get away with tons of gold and XP whether you sink or not.

Sorry I didn't know that you were blind and didn't see the picture you posted here: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/11966-pvp1-france-declares-war-to-britain/?p=215325 :D :D :D :D :D :D

What the hell is wrong with you?

Capitaine de Vaisseau

Capitaine de Pavillon

both cut off after the de. It's impossible to tell which is which on that screen

Are you saying the French brought 2 rank 10, 4 Rank 9 players, and 19 rank 7, and not a single rank 8 ?

You know what, let's see how far your lies take you. Let's use the Find tool to see what ranks they really are.

Kaldar - Rank 8

luxaeterna - 8

clang - 8

and so on.

Every single third rate in the Playon PB was captained by at least a Pavillion Captain - which is the equivalent of the Flag captain, allowing 650 crew.

The only undercrewed ship was the constitution by CapitaineMattheiu

So please, cease your lies how you were disadvantaged because you had to bring so many undercrewed third rates. You didn't have a single one.

Or, in case you really don't know the ranks of your own nation, educate yourself:

http://navalaction.wikia.com/wiki/Player_Ranks#French_Ranks

Edited by Quineloe

What the hell is wrong with you?

So please, cease your lies how you were disadvantaged because you had to bring so many undercrewed third rates. You didn't have a single one.

So, I will leave this topic until you chill out...

Like, honestly...

Chill out ^^'

Disregarding your petty use of "salty", you are aware that you can only put 25 ships into a port battle, yes? Having another 50 ships outside does not make the battle any easier.

If you bring a fleet of 20 third rates and two victories to a PB, you don't get to call yourselves "disorganized".

It's not about bringing a number of Ship of the Lines, it's about having the tactic and the preparation to use them well. 

But you are too invested into this boring Forum War that i won't try to speak to you again.

Well, I guess I am the blind one :D My bad...

Completely forgot about the Capitaine de Pavillon :D maybe because I don't think there ever was any rank capitaine de pavillon in the French Navy.

In real history, Capitaine de Pavillon was not a rank but a special status : If you command the flagship, you're "capitaine de pavillon" (Flag Captain.)

• Like 2

In real history, Capitaine de Pavillon was not a rank but a special status : If you command the flagship, you're "capitaine de pavillon" (Flag Captain.)

Sort of like the status of Maréchal d'Empire, they didn't have power over a Général de Division, (though many acted as if they had) it is a special "social" status (to impress the ladies).

I don't think a Capitaine de Pavillon had power over a Capitaine de Vaisseau.

Sort of like the status of Maréchal d'Empire, they didn't have power over a Général de Division, (though many acted as if they had) it is a special "social" status (to impress the ladies).

I don't think a Capitaine de Pavillon had power over a Capitaine de Vaisseau.

The capitaine de pavillon been a capitaine de vaisseau, in fact. But a capitain de vaisseau in charge of a flagship, with the admiral on board. ;) If the admiral go to another ship, the captain of the new ship become a "capitaine de pavillon". And old capitaine de pavillon return to simple "capitaine de vaisseau".

It's the exact same system in Royal Navy.

Edited by Lestan de Lioncourt
  • Like 1

Yes, well played to both sides, a mixture of victories and losses to both.

If I might add, it was a pleasure to be able to participate in a 'cultural exchange' with you Bourgainville, your 'explosive' finale was quite impressive.

Edited by Richmuel UK

Which one ? 

Because after New Edinburgh we went to meet you guys...  :P

The playon PB. I didn't get home from work till late so missed all the early action. For the frigate fight there was a French NPC fleet that got dragged in (I tagged them so I got good wind and separation) so with my lone 3rd rate I could take on the greater than 2k BR french fleet!).