Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

The playon PB. I didn't get home from work till late so missed all the early action. For the frigate fight there was a French NPC fleet that got dragged in (I tagged them so I got good wind and separation) so with my lone 3rd rate I could take on the greater than 2k BR french fleet!).

Oh ok i thought you were part of the Fleet that tried to defend New Edinburgh but got denied by our frigates.

By the way, i've heard that Buena Vista was captured around 2AM when it was supposedly not possible, is that true ?

Edited by Thomas Rousseau

Earlier battle for Buena Vista?

Don't be petty... Fixing that bug helps you as much as it helps us.

2 attacks on the port of Buena Vista at 19.00 and 2.00 morning in same day. Do you need more explications about the bug exploit ?

It's 8 hours cooldown to purchase flag again for the same port, unless devs changed that

Edited by Captain Alexander

Never heard of a bug like that, are you sure it was not simply a case that someone forgot to set a time?

Would be very strange to have a bug like that after numerous PB without ever hearing of anything like this...

Edited by Krupi

We have had the same at several Dutch ports but it seems to me it is better to just adjust your plans and deal with it accordingly then hoping for a dev intervention.

Yeah, but since we're not the kind of players to attack at night hoping for no defense, we'll take it back the honorable way. 

Aye, every other action this evening looked quite dull to me in comparison :lol:

Monsieur Bougainville,

A local French firework show, sponsored by DAS BOAT peace keeping events, is always a dull impressive show. Nearly as excitant as the music for the Royal Fireworks in London ;)

With regards.. captain Swieb.

• Like 1

There is no timer between buying flags AFAIK, if you look at what the pirates and danes have been doing to Jeremie, as soon as one loses the next attacks.

Buena Vista never had a timer set by the French on the day it was taken. We thought it did at first but the conquest screen instead said the times it couldn't be attacked (Downtime) which means no timer has been set (if you look at some of the ports on Jamaica they are the same). They may have then set one after that first downtime however that timer would not take effect until the next downtime (this morning). We captured the Port before that point and set a timer which then took effect from Downtime today. So unless the French can show they set a timer on the first day of capture prior to downtime then this is simply a case of the French forgetting to set a timer, not a bug or an exploit.

The Port Timer is set for an AU defence where we have a strong and active fleet. If you don't like it I suggest recruiting some Australian players. Its been fun fighting so far but at the end of the day this is a third front for us and we must treat it as such.

Very nice of you. Buana Vista was taken just after Playon port battle. I wouldn't call that a night hoping

Most of us left after New Edinburgh. 

Playon was not a real assault from us but was made by those who really wanted to fight the Brits. 

And i guess after Playon a lot of players left too, you really think we wouldn't be able to defend our ports like we did earlier that day in Buena Vista ? 

After how we completly outmaneuvered you at New Edinburgh ?

Most of us left after New Edinburgh. 

Playon was not a real assault from us but was made by those who really wanted to fight the Brits. 

And i guess after Playon a lot of players left too, you really think we wouldn't be able to defend our ports like we did earlier that day in Buena Vista ? 

After how we completly outmaneuvered you at New Edinburgh ?

Every time you lose an attack on Playon apparently it isn't a real attack, you've now lost another Victory attacking this Port. 

Perhaps your players shouldn't have logged off after Playon considering they knew how many we had on i nthat area and you hadn't set a timer on Buena Vista.

• Like 1

Every time you lose an attack on Playon apparently it isn't a real attack, you've now lost another Victory attacking this Port. 

Perhaps your players shouldn't have logged off after Playon considering they knew how many we had on i nthat area and you hadn't set a timer on Buena Vista.

The real attacks we sent were the ones that you actually lost. 

Those that you managed to defend where just not all our actual Fighting Force in the region. I'm sorry but we cannot be all around 20PM to 2AM everyday. 

I just saw that the timer to Buena Vista is 4AM to 6AM, we know now who are the real spineless :rolleyes:

• Like 2