Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

Genuinely astounded though, what did they escape for? What happened to the battle? O.o

New Edinburgh was a good one and the french players were pleasant, expected more of the same.

Most of french players weren't there for Playon because most of us believed that it would have been like those last two undefended ports so a lot of players prefered to go to sleep instead of fighting towers. 

Panama to French territories is a long shot, and they probably ran away because they estimated that the possible losses were too high and the chances of victory too low. So in order to keep most of the ships (although i don't know how many we lost with the retreat since i was like most of french players at bed) they probably decided to run away. 

But still it is a funny sight to see that you Brits are fighting so hard in this forum to prove i don't know what. 

You are supposedly the most powerful nation in the server and yet i do feel like you guys always want to prove something out of battles, it's a war and it's not decided in one port battle.

Edit: We'll probably see more this week since we finally have what we originally wanted and the travel will be less boring. And for those that are really serious about ego and stuff i just think you don't understand how the French nation was pathetic before we got crushed by the Danish which made us re-evaluate our organisation, and there's obviously still more work to do during the war since most of us are not that experienced yet. Same with the Leadership, just look at your screenshots, there's no real clan behind the assault while we can see 2 major clans from your side, it helps for the moment to have the advantage in Leadership whereas here in the French Navy we are still trying to figure out our Order of Battle. 

Edited by Thomas Rousseau

Yesterday was pretty fun. Had the pleasure of meeting some member of the SINKS clan and while pursuing eachother, had a little pleasant conversation.

Sad to see during that time DRUNKS are still going rogue and forced to be 3 to 1 to be able to achieve something. :P

But do not think we don't watch you.

And for the Tea Drinkers, the War is far from being over guys. Just remember it's a game and don't take it TOO much seriously, we're here to have fun punching eachother in the face "en toute amitié"! :D

Most of french players weren't there for Playon because most of us believed that it would have been like those last two undefended ports so a lot of players prefered to go to sleep instead of fighting towers. 

Panama to French territories is a long shot, and they probably ran away because they estimated that the possible losses were too high and the chances of victory too low. So in order to keep most of the ships (although i don't know how many we lost with the retreat since i was like most of french players at bed) they probably decided to run away. 

But still it is a funny sight to see that you Brits are fighting so hard in this forum to prove i don't know what. 

You are supposedly the most powerful nation in the server and yet i do feel like you guys always want to prove something out of battles, it's a war and it's not decided in one port battle.

Edit: We'll probably see more this week since we finally have what we originally wanted and the travel will be less boring. And for those that are really serious about ego and stuff i just think you don't understand how the French nation was pathetic before we got crushed by the Danish which made us re-evaluate our organisation, and there's obviously still more work to do during the war since most of us are not that experienced yet. Same with the Leadership, just look at your screenshots, there's no real clan behind the assault while we can see 2 major clans from your side, it helps for the moment to have the advantage in Leadership whereas here in the French Navy we are still trying to figure out our Order of Battle. 

2 port battles so far that have been contested have both gone to the British. The French have now lost their loaned port from the Danes so we are free to engage.

I'm not sure how you can say that 'most of the French weren't there' when you fielded a full 25 inc 2 Victories (now down to one of course, thanks for that) and had a strong screening fleet outside.

Your chance of victory is low, Britain hasn't even awoken from her slumber in Panama yet and we are beating you, so probably best to pack up you ships and teleport back to the East. I'm not sure I've seen a port battle before where one side had weight and class of ship advantage and lost so decisively without sinking a single ship. Well done on kill two towers though.

• Like 1

Your chance of victory is low, Britain hasn't even awoken from her slumber in Panama yet and we are beating you, so probably best to pack up you ships and teleport back to the East.

Yawn.

For such a huge and powerful nation you sure try to avoid battle a lot. "We will come when you sleep!", "Our timers are rigged!", "Go away without a fight!".

We might just turn around and give up. I miss the Dutchies, these chaps have fighting spirit. Not like the spineless Brits!

For such a huge and powerful nation you sure try to avoid battle a lot. 

The closest definition i can find to saying such words after doing what can be seen on the screenshots above is "self-owned".

Edited by NekOnOkO

I don't think we are avoiding the battle here we came and we defended 2 ports successfully we let you have those two ports for now in the interest of fun enjoy the local hospitality while you can.

Now, this is something I can respect :)

Indeed, we will, Sir! I am looking to crossing my ... uhm... balls... with yours...

KHM KHM!

I'm looking forward to meet you in battle, Sir! Win or lose, I care not - as long as cannons sing and blood boils!

Yawn.

For such a huge and powerful nation you sure try to avoid battle a lot. "We will come when you sleep!", "Our timers are rigged!", "Go away without a fight!".

We might just turn around and give up. I miss the Dutchies, these chaps have fighting spirit. Not like the spineless Brits!

Setting timers at funny times (even though Britain has excellent coverage) - /me looks at the timer the french just set at 6-10am.

And yes Spineless is probably when you run away from a defend port despite having weight and class of ship....

That's because we worked hard on our map reading skills : after 30 seconds it became clear that we had the overall cohesion of the Gaul tribes, whereas ye redcoats looked as flexible as a freight train in the plains of Canada.

So much for loading our bus with tourists. Although personally, I came here for sipping daiquiris too.

That's because we worked hard on our map reading skills : after 30 seconds it became clear that we had the overall cohesion of the Gaul tribes, whereas ye redcoats looked as flexible as a freight train in the plains of Canada.

So much for loading our bus with tourists. Although personally, I came here for sipping daiquiris too.

I'd keep the engine running if I were you :-)

Was a fun PB for me (as we won), I'm sure there will be more.

I'd keep the engine running if I were you :-)

Was a fun PB for me (as we won), I'm sure there will be more.

Just a question: are you serious when you are mocking? Or just doing some aggressive roleplay?

You DO remember it is a game huh? :P

March, fourteenth, Anno Domini two thousand and sixteen

To Privateer Capitaine Hethwill Eskeath, LDF of DAS

Dear friend

Please stop sending me these letters.

With respect

Chef De Division Galileus

Secrétaire d'Etat à la démagogie, aux polémiques stériles et aux humiliations publiques de SLMFR

Commandant du vaisseau Kiss My Fumes

At my desk in Puerto De España

// Sorry, I couldn't help myself XD

That's how you know a french player who isn't actually french, he will be the one using french without making mistakes in each word.

I've used the word french a lot there, french.

It sounds like I'm swearing. Frenching french.

That's how you know a french player who isn't actually french, he will be the one using french without making mistakes in each word.

Strange, generally people have troubles speaking a correct French. Often making mistake betweens Le, La, Les, Du, De and all other little word like this. ^^

By the way, sorry for my poor English. I hope you eye's are not bleeding.

tr.v. frenched, french·ing, french·es

1. To cut (green beans, for example) into thin strips before cooking.

You are effectively frenching your french.

Your guys ran away from a fair fight leaving a few of your comrades to fend for themselves and have the cheek to call us spineless... Just how out of touch with reality are you?

In my view, this exchange sums up the whole difference between the French and English language:

English, being concise to the extreme, to the point that sometimes a groan will suffice i.e  "You ran away!"

French, being awfully verbose naturally sophisticated in its expression until it kills the audience with boredom : "All we made was the instantly accurate assessment that this situation was needlessly going to be a turkey shoot and we left you camping your port alone thus reclaiming the initiative for ourselves in the most daring manner, commissioning on our way a composer to write a Te Deum to our magnificent abilities to outmaneuver the enemy in the direst circumstances, leaving the only unfortunate casualty of the whole affair being the proverbial British Humour, fallen a collateral victim to the guns of Old England."

• Like 4