Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

But they are two nations working together. You are one nation and still own most of the map. It doesn't work that way, sir.

You are the biggest in number, the largest in port and the greatest in arrogance. There really ain't much more to it, sir.

I would say your comment makes the dutch nation also arrogant. But it's always easy if everyone wants to fight the same nation. Maybe the acting of other nations forced us to to cap more ports. But who knows. The more of you are going to fight the same nation the more we will try to cap. We never wanted all those ports.

Uhh, that same huge pirate fleet that was attacking the American possessions in the Bahamas at the same time the Danes wiped out the French and Swedes? I guess the mighty, mighty Spaniards must've been keeping you busy in South Cuba.

Edit: I guess the Spanish weren't actually at war with the British at the time. But that begs the question; what was Britain doing on Black Friday? Where was Albion when the Antilles fell?

You should better ask the danes. They knew where our fleet was at this time. They knew what we were doing. And I am pretty sure the danes or pirates talked the spaniards into keeping us busy that evening.

Yes we made some mistakes. We couldn't help. We failed to help and we tried to help the wrong nation at mexico. That was a mistake. But don't blame us for the danish dirty games.

"in return"???

This said without the slightest ounce of irony from me, if there is any quality I sincerely admire in the British, it is their remarkable talent to tell the most fascinating tales. Dracula, Frankenstein, Sherlock Holmes, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, etc... Britain has graced the world with the most inventive, elegant and entertaining fiction ever written.

Now, would you please entertain us with yours, of a timeline so evidently inverted it could only have happened in a parallel universe? How do we gain access to it? I bet it is through a portal in the Greenwich observatory.

Please do accept my apologies I did not make myself clear (dipping in from work and all that).

Without the drain of money and resources in trying to keep hold of the 13 colonies, Britain was able to become an economic and idustrial superpower rivalled by none, dominating everything from the trade lanes to innovation throughout the 19th century and even into the 20th, coupled with that we can also tell a good tale ;).

Again accept my apologies for not being clearer.

• Like 1

We actually lost no ships, believe it or not. When the French left, the British fleet was left in astonishment.

Current kill count for that battle was as stands:

French Losses:

5 3rd Rate Bellona74

1 Trincomalee

1 Victory

British Losses:

- N/A

• Like 2

Sorry for cropping screenshots down to the important parts instead of throwing my 4k screens here to break the forum layout.

Also censorship is when you cut someone elses publishing, not your own.

Edited by Quineloe

We were saving your embarrasment. here is the uncensored link.

g6pXpby.jpg

Its worth pointing out that those Brits who escaped didn't do it because they were damaged, they left to go and kill the escaping French survivors.

so, awks.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

No, Galileus- honesty mate. I was shocked myself when we saw the French fleet turning away to leave.

They had BR at 1/2 inside the Port, with only 2 3rd rates down at the time they started leaving.

It was barely half an hour into the battle itself, and they'd only taken 2 of the towers I believe. Plus ship-wide superiority was present with multiple 1/2nd Rated ships for the French.

^ Link does not work btw.

Edited by Crowley

We beat the French back tonight at New Edinburgh. The French then came again for Dariena and Buena Vista but they found them undefended for *reasons*. They came again for Playon, they had superiority and clearly wanted to play to stereotype and ran for the hills. It was astounding and we are still trying to work out what exactly happened and why.

Still, my thanks to our french foe, tonight was a very fun engagement and the extra XP and Gold is rather valued!