Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

It has been a lot of fun. The battles have being fierce and yet my trusty 3rd Rate has managed to survived, including broadsides from Victory's and Pavel's!

I have to agree with the sentiments of my fellow brits, this is our third front we can't throw the same number at you that we did at the Spanish.

Unfortunately the spanish refuse to come to the table, however at least they do not wish to become puppets like the French.

I wish we could have honoured the alliance with the French, we were as shocked as you at your defeat. If it were not for the Pirates keeping us back we would have helped you.... Now you are attacking us, you are puppets, here just to allow the Danish and Pirates to gank us just like you were!

You are the ones who should be ashamed...

If you repeat a lie enough it does not become the truth. The first major offensive from the Pirates against the Brits happened after the France war. We were occupied in the bahamas at that point.

Buena Vista captured with a bug exploit, (timer not functionated).

Brits captured the port without any defense a 2.00 of morning, not supposed to be possible !

That was unfair.

Here we go again...

In the end we'll just remember that you only captured an undefended ports at 2AM after a failed attempt earlier around 19 what a huge window...  :rolleyes:

So far every single port that changed hands in this war had been undefended. Every single defended port did not get captured.

Yeah, but since we're not the kind of players to attack at night hoping for no defense, we'll take it back the honorable way. 

Wow, that's just really toxic now. You were told in advance that Australians had settled in Panama, and now you expect them to not play the game, because it doesn't suit your play times?

Bravo, bravo, bravo.

• Like 1

To be honest I would say that Dutch had the worst deal out of Black Friday events, it is kind of funny since we were at the winning side :D

Nah. Actually we have the best of it. Good wars going on, great battles, and generally great opponents which never resort to insults nor out of bounds taunting, apart from some notable exceptions but they can be dismissed -

- notable call to a captain that surrendered his frigate in all 3 different battles, last one we even gave him a pure 1v1, following a 3v1 and 2v1, in less than 5 minutes without even considering firing a shot and adding the traditional faggot insult before striking the colours... no decency sometimes. Maybe he is a immigrant from the West thinking he would have a safe ride in the East... ? Who knows.

Still say the French were more honest in their conquest strategy but cannot blame the Swedes for using the rules we have in game.

Brits... well... from what I have seen in the North while I was there they can be excellent opponents but can also resort to imaginative cursing. :)

I see some Brits are claiming that they have to fight everyone, and they are smaller than Denmark-Norway. What a pile of rubbish!

First of all.

In the beginning of this game, British led charges against Denmark-Norway, and had Spanish, French and Swedes to buy flags at us simultaneously.

With the playerbase the British had against us in the beginning, it's a miracle that they did not turn us into a 1 port nation.

We had to organize ourselves from day one, and we did.

While the British kept using their allies to keep pressure on other small nations themselves expanded and grew big.

The first British mistake, was to give English Harbour and Saint Johns to the Swedish, against a clan called WIS's will. They were stationed there and wanted that to be their home region.

By dobbelcrossing WIS, and giving those ports to Sweden, we actually had no British presence in the East, however the British were closing in from Haiti. We then quickly did what we could to remove

the Spanish from Northern Haiti, in what we succeeded.

We then managed to hold stand stopping a British advance in Higuey. Even thou the British tried some long distance attacks and surprise attacks on Fredriksted, that they never managed to do.

We got a deal then with Pirates, not to attack one anothers ports, basically securing our Samana / Bahia Escocesa front. So now, we only had to focus on 2 fronts. East and West.

French were occupied south vs Dutch, and Swedes still kept harassing us on the East. However French kept their promise to British and Swedes and helped whenever they were asked. Buying flags and screening for their allies.

We were still barely holding on to Higuey the times that the British attacked. Then the great fortune appeared. Pirates managed to take Les Gonaives! And intel told us Brits wanted it back at all costs. We planted some leads and everything pointed that the Brits were fixated on having an offensive against Pirates, at all costs. They were willing to let the Swedes and French die if necessary..... We double checked if it was possible to leave our West front open for just one day! And belive it or not..... It was, not only for 1 day but also for the following day the British did nothing. They did not even make a fake flag for Higuey so we would have to sit tight with 25 3rd rates there.

It's amazing, that an ally that had been given so much in an alliance, was not willing to spend the cost of a single flag to save an entire nation and ally!

During all the peacetalks we had with both Sweden and France, we gave the Swedes back all their ports, we took nothing from them. We had Oranjestad and Fort Baai before the offensive. We kept Marigot and Fort Baai. The Swedes wanted Oranjestad because it was closer to Gustavia, and we gave it to them.

French got all their ports back except for 2 ports taken by Denmark-Norway. We captured 14 ports from them, and returned 12.

And during all this, his noble Sir Charles Caldwell still encouraged France to fight! Well, if Britain was not willing to spend gold to allow them to fight why would they ever again listen to you.

Let us all be fair. Denmark-Norway did not at this point consider an alliance with the French to be possible. We wanted our closest neighbour to be our allied. The Swedes were given alot of privileges, and they were handed the best negotiation cards. They however was not so easily persuaded to cooperate.

The French had realised that a war between us would only weaken us in the long term. They contacted the Danish-Norwegian embassy in Christiansted, and so the story begins. They told us how they felt deserted, they asked us to help bringing them into the fight against a nation that had used them for own personal gain. They asked us if we wanted to be their friend, and yes, we became friends, allies and now brothers in arms.

I salute the French for rising up again, rising up against those who did them wrong in the first place! And I assure you! Denmark-Norway will not take as easy on our alliance as the British did.

Having this in mind, can you really blame the French for declaring war on British?

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 9

Amusing that people complain about British timers being set to deny them opportunities to attack, when said British faction is under attack on all sides by other players spanning cross-EU-US time zones.

I'm all game for fighting you, but frankly- I'd rather be fighting somewhere more important than against a random invasion courtesy of Danish backing. You call arrogance, we call your intervention annoyance. And yet -we're- the unfair ones. I'm personally one of those that agreed to set the timers to anti-EU ones, and I see no problem with it. Call it what you will.

TL:DR - This whole front is merely another nation jumping on the anti-British bandwagon for cheap thrills and easy gains.

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 1

Fighting at Playon was very fun yesterday, broadsides were exchanged, ships were sunk, great manoeuvering was deployed by both sides.

Though I must say I cracked a smile when a certain British captain was joking about our sails going faster in reverse, while they were cowering back towards their forts... :D 

At that moment the battle was lost for us, but we decided to keep on going anyway, for Honour and Duty (Gold and Xp).

I must say there is no greater feeling than the one I feel when I shoot canon balls at British ships, whether in victory or defeat.

On a side note, I've read about the Brits complaining that they are not so numerous as we think they are, well then, I'm sure you won't be bothered good sirs, if we organise a redistribution of land according to population size. ;)

• Like 1

Amusing that people complain about British timers being set to deny them opportunities to attack, when said British faction is under attack on all sides by other players spanning cross-EU-US time zones.

EXACTLY.

You guys are attacked at all fronts and no-one can do nothing, because you go "Naaaah... my head hurts". See the problem? :P

Ok, so there is a lot of rubbish going on in here (mainly from rousseau) from people who are guessing intentions and getting it wrong so as one of the British fleet commanders from last night let me just clear up that nonsense with a few facts so we can get back to the game.

-We did not exploit a bug to capture Buena vista, we thought you had forgot to set a timer. how could we know if it was a bug, was there a sign? obviously its impossible for us to know.

- We did not 'dishonorably' night attack you, we simply counter attacked after your attack on playon with a break to get the right wind and also to have food etc. we had been fighting non stop for 8 hours. how did we know that you had all given up? we could not know this. if we thought it would be an empty battle would we have taken a full fleet with 25 heavy ships including victory and pavels and a screening fleet? obviously not. we would have gone with 10-15 ships.

- You say your attack on playon was not real, well, you had a full fleet so whatever, we defended with equal forces, how can we do better than to fight well and defend like you did at Buena vista? was our attack on Buena vista real? well it was actually organized last minute and not all our ships had arrived yet, so, in your words, it was not real either?

- You did not outmaneuver us at New Edinburgh, in fact the opposite. we decided not to defend it because you hugely outnumbered us. instead we waited until your fleet was in the port battle and then went down to kill your screening fleet. we caused your screen large casualties and then escaped. we fought our way back out through your entire fleet and only lost 4 small ships. not a single heavy lost. this was exactly according to our plan and a nice little tactical victory. we used a smaller force to attack and cause higher casualties on a bigger force. it is impossible to make this sound bad. We then retreated to playon and defeated you there.

you say we should have just fought you when and where you wanted us to but why? war is not about doing what your enemy wants. we did it our way and it allowed us to hold a larger force at bay for a night. we did not play dishonorably or knowingly use exploits. we did not totally avoid you, we fought full fleet actions 3-4 times and dozens of ships were sunk. we fought hard and clever and that is why we did so well. all this other nonsense is a mixture of salt, lies and propaganda.

We set the Buena vista to a morning time because that is the game. we cant defend it in there so we did the sensible thing. you have to remember that we are under huge pressure from the danes/pirate alliance, who use every dirty trick in the book to beat us. we have to use all fair methods to win this war quickly so we can go and defend the siege of Jamaica. you guys are only even attacking us as part of that war. we have to do what we can to survive and win. that's just facts but we are not knowingly using exploits or trying to be unfair, I know that as I was in all the command discussions and it just wasn't what we were doing. we simply fought as hard as we could with the ships we had for 12 hours, after capturing Buena vista we had to teleport up to defend cuba from the pirates! you guys are only fighting one enemy in one place so its easy for you to complain that its not how you want it. we are fighting 3 wars in 4 places. how about you try fighting the danes again? then you will see what dishonourable looks like.

Overall it was an fairly even night, both sides lost an undefended port and both lost an attack with significant casualties. we probably got more kills than you but it was close. What is a shame is that both sides enjoyed it, it was great strategic and tactical fighting on both sides, the fighting was good and the players were polite to each other mostly in battle. when I sacrificed myself to cover the retreat of my heavy ship fleet, French plyaers congratulated me and I saluted them as I sank. this was all played in a very good spirit. and now a couple of people are trying to ruin it with accusations of cheating because they are salty. get over it.​

we were disappointed the first night that the French apparently were willing to run from an even battle so soon but last night they fought hard and for hours, they are a worthy enemy indeed.

Lets keep playing this war well, its a lot of fun so far.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 2

I wonder how I would feel if I had commited an expensive ship to a port attack, fought a large defense fleet, lost my ship and on the next day would get my allies smear on the forum that that attack "wasn't a real attack".

I'd probably get mad.

EXACTLY.

You guys are attacked at all fronts and no-one can do nothing, because you go "Naaaah... my head hurts". See the problem? :P

I'm still angry, you promised not to post until I've calmed down.

Edited by Quineloe

If you repeat a lie enough it does not become the truth. The first major offensive from the Pirates against the Brits happened after the France war. We were occupied in the bahamas at that point.

Like the Bahamas port of St. Nicks? :)

But you are correct in so far as the danish proved a bigger obstacle at that point for us getting east. There were fun but costly bloodbaths for both sides at Bani and El Soco.

• Like 1

I wonder how I would feel if I had commited an expensive ship to a port attack, fought a large defense fleet, lost my ship and on the next day would get my allies smear on the forum that that attack "wasn't a real attack".

I'd probably get mad.

It way say time and time again in the chat AND in the teamspeak that this battle was fought for the fun and the capture of the city was only a bonus.

Everybody went it knowing what could happen. :)

If some did not understood that, it's there fault and completly there fault. :)

So far every single port that changed hands in this war had been undefended. Every single defended port did not get captured.

You tried to defend New Edinburgh, our medium kept from joining your shiny Port Towers.

Once those shiny Port Towers were destroyed we went to meet you, and you just fled.

So yeah, i'm sorry to say that the almighty British power is just your ability to find "victories" in the forum.

It way say time and time again in the chat AND in the teamspeak that this battle was fought for the fun and the capture of the city was only a bonus.

Everybody went it knowing what could happen. :)

If some did not understood that, it's there fault and completly there fault. :)

Yup, I'm pretty sure I'd also get mad if I lost an expensive ship, and then have some minor Capitaine de Corvette tell me it's my own fault.

Please don't work such a strong blame game into your own nation yet. That's not helpful and we'd like more good fights.

Edited by Quineloe

Buena Vista captured with a bug exploit, (timer not functionated).

Brits captured the port without any defense a 2.00 of morning, not supposed to be possible !

That was unfair.

It was not a bug exploit, You didn't set a timer when it was captured, the fact that you set it the day after means it wasn't going to come into play until after maintenance. So the capture window was any time, and it was taken.

You tried to defend New Edinburgh, our medium kept from joining your shiny Port Towers.

Once those shiny Port Towers were destroyed we went to meet you, and you just fled.

So yeah, i'm sorry to say that the almighty British power is just your ability to find "victories" in the forum.

Fun fact: I was the one that gave the order to pull out the fleet that was inside New Edinburgh nearly 10-15 minutes before your own assault fleet arrived.

Don't keep up any pretence there was a proper defence at New Edinburgh, because the only ships that were in that area were with the lighter screening squadrons.