Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

We'll see if you'll be able to do something relevant during the european prime-time (21PM), so far you shown us nothing. 

Good luck in the North but i don't think you'll be able to send us back for good and i don't think you would want to see the full French Forces in the North with the Danish/Pirates, but that's up to you i guess  :lol:

I hope we can. Real Life has reared its ugly head for me and I'm going to be out until Sunday :-(

If we didn't have all the noise in the North I'd love to carry on this little war. its been hard fought on the seas and good fun on the forum!

Nothing pleases more my eye than the mighty Mighty Bouff eventually acknowledging fire is in the house. If we had to collect all your earlier bombastic statements about first "reducing Spain to one port", then "sufficently humbling then", then "send the French packing", that would be prime material for a masterclass in shifting rationales. :lol:

"We're not retreating! We're advancing in another direction!"

A good Admiral knows when he needs to change tack, as demonstrated by your Admiral in the first battle for Playon when the fleet I was commanding split his forces and won the battle.

We are by no means the biggest nation, just arguably have been the most successful so far. We are far smaller than the Danish nation and those dancing to her tune (Pirates and France).

As to it being a masterclass, I'm glad I've been able to school you on both the seas and forums :-p

They paid a lot of money to not play the game :3

Just because we aren't playing with you doesn't mean we aren't playing dear friend!

Hold on guys. There is no need for such immaturity.

That capture was dishonorable yes. But War is not over and we stand our Grounds Yesterday.

In the real battle, we showed our strenght and prooved France was not just a Decoration Nation.

We will see what this Evening will bring and I hope to see more battle like this... Just less capture at 2-3 A.M. And that include in both side)

I do love this talk of real battles. Every battle is real for those in it. If we claimed that the only real battles were those we won we'd be being flamed on the forums even more than we already are!!

The capture was not dishonourable. We defended a port, took a short bio break as we'd been at it for hours then as the wind shifted sailed straight down to attack you as you'd forgotten to set a timer on your port. Thats not dishonourable it's executing a good strategy. We can't be held responsible if the French get sleepy, we have been supping the nice Panama coffee!!

As to it being a masterclass, I'm glad I've been able to school you on both the seas and forums :-p

The only schooling I see, judging from the map, is Britain presently receiving -shall we say?- a Victorian Education. :lol:

• Like 1

I do love this talk of real battles. Every battle is real for those in it. If we claimed that the only real battles were those we won we'd be being flamed on the forums even more than we already are!!

The capture was not dishonourable. We defended a port, took a short bio break as we'd been at it for hours then as the wind shifted sailed straight down to attack you as you'd forgotten to set a timer on your port. Thats not dishonourable it's executing a good strategy. We can't be held responsible if the French get sleepy, we have been supping the nice Panama coffee!!

Get sleepy? Excuse me sir, but you seem to forget this is a video game before everything else.

I and most of my mate have Jobs we must do to earn our living. If you do not have such Job, well it is good for you. But please don't act coocky like it is no dishonorable way of fighting.

I would been ashamed if France used that kind of tactic, and I am ashamed that some people even consider that kind of tactic Honorable.

We are each to punch eachother in the face during Prime Times. Not avoiding us and waiting for the ennemy to sleep.

I don't know, i find it funny that you guys thought that you would be able to repel us easily when we declared war on you.

Now you're just paying the price of arrogance. And you're paying it while showing that you can't hold anything without your Night Clans.

The Aussies are the one keeping you afloat.

I think the previous poster put it well when he said that the British are not just fighting against the French. 

Currently we are simultaneously fighting an alliance of the Pirates, Danes, French, Spanish, Swedish - in fact who isn't attacking us? 

No matter we will continue the fight whatever the odds

Kudos to the French for their success though

Edited by mouse of war
  • Like 3

Get sleepy? Excuse me sir, but you seem to forget this is a video game before everything else.

I and most of my mate have Jobs we must do to earn our living. If you do not have such Job, well it is good for you. But please don't act coocky like it is no dishonorable way of fighting.

I would been ashamed if France used that kind of tactic, and I am ashamed that some people even consider that kind of tactic Honorable.

We are each to punch eachother in the face during Prime Times. Not avoiding us and waiting for the ennemy to sleep.

Yes I have a job, I leave at 7am for work, and yes I got to bed at 2am, not really a problem. As I say if you need more sleep then tough cookies, its a 22/7 MMO.

and late night/morning attacks have good history. Have a look at how many morning attacks were made during the Napoleonic Wars, or stories of naval battles where they crept up in the night so as soon as light broke they were on top of the enemy.

As I've said numerous times before, you have opened a third front that Britain doesn't need or want right now - don't expect us to play by your rules.

As I've also said I've enjoyed it greatly so far, so once we have the northern situation under a little more control I'd be more than happy to have at it again. Perhaps we can get the dutch to lend us some ports so we can attack your homeland...

So kind of you :)

Little wars, I heard it was a British specialty to fight sideshows...

Compared to the number of players and volume of attacks up in Haiti and Jamaica it is little in comparison. That isn't to say it hasn't been fought with as much vigor or determination. 

I think the previous poster put it well when he said that the British are not just fighting against the French. 

Currently we are simultaneously fighting an alliance of the Pirates, Danes, French, Spanish, Swedish - in fact who isn't attacking us? 

The Americans? :P

Yes I have a job, I leave at 7am for work, and yes I got to bed at 2am, not really a problem. As I say if you need more sleep then tough cookies, its a 22/7 MMO.

So you only need 5 hours of sleep. Damn sir, if only I had your endurance, and even if I had it. I would still get more sleep. My job require too much concentration to afford some distraction.

( I m a Driving Instructor, and even if my job put me in a car all the day. To avoid all kind of accident, Teach all the rules for Driving and raise my students to a level necessary to get there Driving License: To say it is an easy task would be a huge lie. -actually, I almost had some lethal accident more that once so if one day I don't come back after a day of work. There is a possibility I am dead.- )

Has for the Napoleonic Wars, do not forget Sir that theses were done in the real world, the job of the people who done it allowed them to "work" at such time.

We are NOT Soldiers, We are for most of us Civilian who have OTHER Jobs and we are not in REAL life in this game.

So compare what is comparable.

Common, we all know here that Port Timers are bad at the moment, they don't really give all your nation an opportunity to fight. I have no problem having other than Europeans players here, but they really need to fix the Timers in order to keep that kind of things from happening.

• Like 1

It has been a lot of fun. The battles have being fierce and yet my trusty 3rd Rate has managed to survived, including broadsides from Victory's and Pavel's!

I have to agree with the sentiments of my fellow brits, this is our third front we can't throw the same number at you that we did at the Spanish.

Unfortunately the spanish refuse to come to the table, however at least they do not wish to become puppets like the French.

I wish we could have honoured the alliance with the French, we were as shocked as you at your defeat. If it were not for the Pirates keeping us back we would have helped you.... Now you are attacking us, you are puppets, here just to allow the Danish and Pirates to gank us just like you were!

You are the ones who should be ashamed...

Edited by Krupi

Common, we all know here that Port Timers are bad at the moment, they don't really give all your nation an opportunity to fight. I have no problem having other than Europeans players here, but they really need to fix the Timers in order to keep that kind of things from happening.

Do I think PBs need a change - yes but I don't know exactly what I want. I'm tempted to suggest an eve style solution whereby ports are open for constant attack, and if you win that battle (effectively the PB we have now) then it sets the port up for a full contest battle at a random time between 22-26 hours in the future (exact numbers of course open to debate). This gives us more battles, two per port conquest, and gives a modicum of notice to both sides that a decisive battle is on the way presenting opportunities to muster a true defence etc. It doesn't stop night flipping though which is a problem.

The Americans? :P

So you only need 5 hours of sleep. Damn sir, if only I had your endurance, and even if I had it. I would still get more sleep. My job require too much concentration to afford some distraction.

( I m a Driving Instructor, and even if my job put me in a car all the day. To avoid all kind of accident, Teach all the rules for Driving and raise my students to a level necessary to get there Driving License: To say it is an easy task would be a huge lie. -actually, I almost had some lethal accident more that once so if one day I don't come back after a day of work. There is a possibility I am dead.- )

Has for the Napoleonic Wars, do not forget Sir that theses were done in the real world, the job of the people who done it allowed them to "work" at such time.

We are NOT Soldiers, We are for most of us Civilian who have OTHER Jobs and we are not in REAL life in this game.

So compare what is comparable.

Again, sorry this is a 22/7 MMO. As in EvE and pretty much any other RvR game if you  want to hold territory and assets then get global coverage.

Some people deal with more or less sleep, I'm lucky in that I only need 4-5 hours (unless I've been drinking!) and I'm fully functional. My other half however needs a whole lot more, hence why I can play into the night.

It has been a lot of fun. The battles have being fierce and yet my trusty 3rd Rate has managed to survived, including broadsides from Victory's and Pavel's!

I have to agree with the sentiments of my fellow brits, this is our third front we can't throw the same number at you that we did at the Spanish.

Unfortunately the spanish refuse to come to the table, however at least they do not wish to become puppets like the French.

I wish we could have honoured the alliance with the French, we were as shocked as you at your defeat. If it were not for the Pirates keeping us back we would have helped you.... Now you are attacking us, you are puppets, here just to allow the Danish and Pirates to gank us just like you were!

You are the ones who should be ashamed...

I like how you prononce Puppets like if you really belive what you say: Aren't you mad at something sir?

Really I expected better from Englishmen.

I don't quite get what you are attempting to say here?

Insulting us of Puppets, of Cowards, of low nation, of second zone players (insult said during PvP battles).

Going so up about yourself you have trouble dealing with all the Nations going against you.

Using Arrogance in both Defeat and Victory.

Ask yourself why almost so many Nation go against the British.

I really respect The Great Britain who did marvellous thing -Sir Winston Churchill is not my favorite Historical Figure for no reason- and I wished I'd be Born in England.

But when I see things in this forum and ingame.

I am deeply saddened by how low some of you can get.

Insult us of Puppet if you want, but by Insulting us, you only make us more impatient for the next battle, and for the next and the next.

I must confess your word really offended me and I am more hunger for sinking British ship than I should -even if it's a video game-.

I am sorry for all the bad words I can say and be assured I don't really think them. But I am not a man who think that kind of attitude is what we should do no matter the situation, or the game.

I really respect The Great Britain who did marvellous thing -Sir Winston Churchill is not my favorite Historical Figure for no reason- and I wished I'd be Born in England.

But when I see things in this forum and ingame.

I am deeply saddened by how low some of you can get.

News Flash: The British Nation of NA are not exclusively British sir, we like other in game nations are multi national.

Sorry to disappoint. ;)

• Like 1

News Flash: The British Nation of NA are not exclusively British sir, we like other in game nations are multi national.

Sorry to disappoint. ;)

I refer to the British has the nation ingame. No offense.

Heck, we have Chinese playing France. :P

• Like 1

All this "puppet talk" is kind of silly. Coalitions are made and disbanded according to each nation interest and it will be probably that way in the future. Right now it is in the interest of smaller nations to stop Brits from overextending so you should expect some invasion forces on your borders for a long time now.

Also regarding French-Brits alliance, even if you wanted to help French but weren't able to (if I should believe what Brit players tell us) your inability to help them just proved that this alliance was worthless for the French.

Declarations and good will is nice and all, but to be honest we can expect that only tangible alliances will prevail longer. When both sides see real benefit to their cooperation they don't have any interest in stoping that cooperation in the first place.

Calling anybody "puppet state" is silly because if any nation, even smaller one have any benefits in agreement presented to them they're no puppet but a partner.

As a Dutch player looking at current situation and D-N alliance with France and Sweeden, I find it is beneficial for all of them.

D-N doesn't have to worry about their eastern flank and instead can bring fight to your capital.

Sweeden doesn't have to worry about their capital area and instead can attack Dutch ports far from their home.

France can have peace in their homeland and instead get some new territories in Panama...

To be honest I would say that Dutch had the worst deal out of Black Friday events, it is kind of funny since we were at the winning side :D

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 2

I apologise if I offended you, I just merely said it as how I see it.

If the Danes were to take Jamaica and then sue for peace leaving one of there ports nearby our capital I would say that the British were Puppets!

Puppets or not by opening this front you have handed an advantage to your old enemy the Danes allowing them to front the numbers and gank our homes just like they did to you.

P.S. I understand that you had no fronts after broking peace with the Dutch and Danish :(

All that talk about "fairnes" "real attacks" and Brits being spineless. If someone backstabs another person/nation that is under attack, how do you call it hmm? Looking at you France

About night attacks being "unfair", well you don't mind when it's happening to the British nation, moreso you're working closely together with the Pirate Danish commonwealth which openly uses this technique wherever and whenever they can (not even mentioning fake attacks and joining forces with every player with a grudge) so yeah, don't criticize until you stop doing exactly that.

gg no re

To be honest I would say that Dutch had the worst deal out of Black Friday events, it is kind of funny since we were at the winning side :D

It's a shame, yes... but to be fair, your own in-fighting is to blame for that :(

Wish things could go differently, there are quite few capitaines in your navy I would love to sail next to...