Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] France declares war to Britain

Éric

leaving the only unfortunate casualty of the whole affair being the proverbial British Humour, fallen a collateral victim to the guns of Old England."

I wonder if Axs feels the same, pretty sure he is the one that feels like the "unfortunate casualty"...

P.S.

It wasn't a groan, more of a statement of disbelief and utter amazement that you would sail all the way just to, quite hilariously I might add, confirm a stereotype with a abrupt waving of a white flag! Bravo...

I might add that while our danish friend Herminator might be a pompous ass at least he has the courage and honour to see a battle through to the end.

Edited by Krupi

I wonder if Axs feels the same, pretty sure he is the one that feels like the "unfortunate casualty"...

P.S.

It wasn't a groan, more of a statement of disbelief and utter amazement that you would sail all the way just to, quite hilariously I might add, confirm a stereotype with a abrupt waving of a white flag! Bravo...

I might add that while our danish friend Herminator might be a pompous ass at least he has the courage and honour to see a battle through to the end.

The British Empire presents: How To Be Salty in Victory

XD

Most of french players weren't there for Playon because most of us believed that it would have been like those last two undefended ports so a lot of players prefered to go to sleep instead of fighting towers. 

Panama to French territories is a long shot, and they probably ran away because they estimated that the possible losses were too high and the chances of victory too low. So in order to keep most of the ships (although i don't know how many we lost with the retreat since i was like most of french players at bed) they probably decided to run away. 

But still it is a funny sight to see that you Brits are fighting so hard in this forum to prove i don't know what. 

You are supposedly the most powerful nation in the server and yet i do feel like you guys always want to prove something out of battles, it's a war and it's not decided in one port battle.

Edit: We'll probably see more this week since we finally have what we originally wanted and the travel will be less boring. And for those that are really serious about ego and stuff i just think you don't understand how the French nation was pathetic before we got crushed by the Danish which made us re-evaluate our organisation, and there's obviously still more work to do during the war since most of us are not that experienced yet. Same with the Leadership, just look at your screenshots, there's no real clan behind the assault while we can see 2 major clans from your side, it helps for the moment to have the advantage in Leadership whereas here in the French Navy we are still trying to figure out our Order of Battle. 

I speak for myself in this but, I'm not trying to prove anything. I've been waiting for these fights since the decleration and the first one was really good so it surprised me when in Playon someone after ca 15 minutes of battle someone said it's a trap and the fleet disappeared. I'm just trying to enjoy the battles you're bringing down. Heck i thought you guys came down for PvP because you were bored in the first place, not having seen anything but single french players yet, i was especially looking forward to it. Oh well, there are more days to come.

Edited by Alexander Reher

The British Empire presents: How To Be Salty in Victory

XD

You are so spot on.

I swear everytime i see Brits in this topic i have the feeling that they are Salty because they lost so much, but still it appears that they are (according to them) crushing us. Oh boy do they sound boring, i hope they're not serious. 

I speak for myself in this but, I'm not trying to prove anything. I've been waiting for these fights since the decleration and the first one was really good so it surprised me when in Playon someone after ca 15 minutes of battle someone said it's a trap and the fleet disappeared. I'm just trying to enjoy the battles you're bringing down. Heck i thought you guys came down for PvP because you were bored in the first place, not having seen anything but single french players yet, i was especially looking forward to it. Oh well, there are more days to come.

As i said, we French do like to sleep too and most of us went to bed when we thought that Playon would be another boring Tower battle. Plus we are not that organized yet since most of the fight were previously done by the EDR clan which now has to deal with huge numbers of players eager to fight for France since the Danish crushed us, it will take time and i assure you that people will still be here, we did not traveled that far to give up. 

We'll probably lose a lot of ships, there will still be plenty of Salty posts from the Brits, but still, the French players will be there to have fun. But it's sad to see that in this Forum the British are not enjoying the game as much as the others do :(

Edited by Thomas Rousseau

But Gentlemen, both the ports that the French had taken last night were completely undefended. We're not salty (at least in my case), but simply curious to know why you abandoned the attack on Playon.

If this is all propaganda to deny the fact that the British lost around 8-12 vessels of varying rates in comparison to upwards of 40-45 French, then by all means- feel free to continue.  :D

• Like 1

"All we made was the instantly accurate assessment that this situation was needlessly going to be a turkey shoot and we left you camping your port alone thus reclaiming the initiative for ourselves in the most daring manner, commissioning on our way a composer to write a Te Deum to our magnificent abilities to outmaneuver the enemy in the direst circumstances, leaving the only unfortunate casualty of the whole affair being the proverbial British Humour, fallen a collateral victim to the guns of Old England."

The above makes no apparent sense. Is it supposed to be written from the French or English perspective. A turkey shoot is where the opposition has no chance of survival, and it is not sport in killing them, that patently wasn't the case as the French had higher weight and class. You cannot claim the initiative by running away and not returning, nor is it daring. Camping is waiting for the enemy (usually in hiding), again not very apt given we were out in the open sinking and capturing your ships.

History, and songs of praise are written by the victors my friend, not those cowering behind white flags.

Perhaps I could suggest some alternative wording (written from the French perspective)...

"We, being captains of quick decision strove forward and divided our line in half to attempt to crush the British bug beneath our boots. It quickly transpired that the plucky British Admiral had other ideas, and displaying a disheartening amount of bravado pushed his line between our divided lines, striking decisive blows upon three noble French 3rd Rates. Redoubling our efforts we converged onto the heaviest British ships, thinking they would never be able to withstand the might of France, only to be outfoxed again as the whole British pirouetted about with grace more normally observed in Swan Lake than on the open ocean. The battlefield was now a sight that would strike terror into the hearts of any French citizen and with the initiative that we thought we had so strongly grasped evaporating like salty Spanish tears and the only sound to be heard being the relentless thumping of the British guns we turned away from battle, sacrificing the few for the benefit of the masses"

You are so spot on.

I swear everytime i see Brits in this topic i have the feeling that they are Salty because they lost so much, but still it appears that they are (according to them) crushing us. Oh boy do they sound boring, i hope they're not serious. 

As i said, we French do like to sleep too and most of us went to bed when we thought that Playon would be another boring Tower battle. Plus we are not that organized yet since most of the fight were previously done by the EDR clan which now has to deal with huge numbers of players eager to fight for France since the Danish crushed us, it will take time and i assure you that people will still be here, we did not traveled that far to give up. 

We'll probably lose a lot of ships, there will still be plenty of Salty posts from the Brits, but still, the French players will be there to have fun. But it's sad to see that in this Forum the British are not enjoying the game as much as the others do :(

Or we view the forum as an extension of the game, and enjoy joshing around (in a semi RP sense) on here, beating our respective national drums to create extra tension and meaning into the actual game?

• Like 1

Your guys ran away from a fair fight leaving a few of your comrades to fend for themselves and have the cheek to call us spineless... Just how out of touch with reality are you?

Really, don't bother with that Troll. He or his clan was nowhere near any action last night.

Disregarding your petty use of "salty", you are aware that you can only put 25 ships into a port battle, yes? Having another 50 ships outside does not make the battle any easier.

If you bring a fleet of 20 third rates and two victories to a PB, you don't get to call yourselves "disorganized".

Edited by Quineloe

Disregarding your petty use of "salty", you are aware that you can only put 25 ships into a port battle, yes? Having another 50 ships outside does not make the battle any easier.

If you bring a fleet of 20 third rates and two victories to a PB, you don't get to call yourselves "disorganized".

Because the bigger the ship, the more automation is in it! They practically drive themselves!

Keep it up Brits :D Indeed - how to be salty in victory 101. We acknowledge we lack organization, and you still manage to be salty about that :D

I wasn't there... But from the screenshot I can see that most of the French 3rd rates were only Capitaine de Vaisseau (350 crew) which mean that they would have been fine with an empty harbor to take but against a fleet they would have been unable to maneuver.

I'm not a tactician or strategist but my Cartesian thinking helped me figure that out.

I would guess that yesterday operations were mainly for taking harbors for the coming (bigger) operations which in itself -- looking at the results this morning -- was a success.

As for the white flag jokes, I think the French bashing of the 2000 decade should be gone by now. We all have now access to information that will certainly help understand that France has been over the centuries a successful military power. France has also lost some battles. Tell me who hasn't over time?

I really hoped that the British Nation (in the game) would be an enjoyable foe... And I still hop it will be fun. But please stop the nonsense. War won't be won on the Forum.

I expect that this weekend will be a big battle fest and I look forward for that.

You cannot tell the difference between a Pavillion Captain and a lower rank captain on the Tab info screen. The 3rd rates I shot at definitely had full crew.

Did you not like my reply to your report?

Of course I did! Such a display of pompous arrogance confused me one moment into thinking you were one of us ;)

Although you could use being lazy like us too. See, I for one, can't be arsed to retrieve the name of the English 3rd rate's captain whose surrender I gracefully accepted yesterday B)

Edited by Bougainville
  • Like 2

Of course I did! Such a display of pompous arrogance confused me one moment into thinking you were one of us ;)

Although you could use being lazy like us too. See, I for one, can't be arsed to retrieve the name of the English 3rd rate's captain whose surrender I gracefully accepted yesterday B)

Tell you what, We'll take one of your Victories a day and you can have one our 3rd Rates a day in exchange. Deal?

I still don't understand where the idea of British saltiness is coming from in here.  :P

Being one of said British captains that actually fought in those battles, I can assure you all that myself and my clan-mates were positively amused at how last night's events came about.

The overall salt really needs to stop, whether RP or not, before this conflict goes the Spanish way on one side or another. I have greatly enjoyed meeting people like Charognard and Luxeternae and the EDF and PEC clans in particular as they have been very courteous by battles end. I'm quite enjoying this conflict in-game because we have fine opponents on the other side.

Edit: No doubt we'll be seeing each other pretty much every day in battle for a while so might as well get used to each other being around.

Edited by Alexander Reher
  • Like 2