Game-Labs Forum

Spain is dead ? (PVP1)

Captain Tylor

Well you are behaving like kids, screaming on the forums and global rather than pragmatically accepting the consequences of your faction's actions. Spain is a small faction that acts like a superpower, claiming entitlement to ports, making ridiculous demands for peace even on the verge of a crushing defeat. And you have a lot to lose, you have your player base. When you're stuck in La Habana how many do you think will stick around?

But all this talking is fairly pointless at this stage, you've had multiple opportunities to save your faction through peace. Now nobody else is interested in what you have to say, you can't be trusted.

No, we are not acting as a superpower, we act like a faction that needs ports the same way your faction does. Is this so dificult to understand?

But because you always want to take control of as much ports as you can, we don't have the ports we need, even when we were allies.

"Now nobody else is interested in what you have to say, you can't be trusted" ------->>>> AND THIS IS BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, LET ME HAVE A LAUGH.

I will say whatever I want, this forum is precisely for that.

No, we are not acting as a superpower, we act like a faction that needs ports the same way your faction does. Is this so dificult to understand?

But because you always want to take control of as much ports as you can, we don't have the ports we need, even when we were allies.

Then not only are you been deceived by your own 'patriots' who have now gone Pirate... but you deceive yourself.

The negotiations we had, we offered you a secure power base, based on current borders and our full support! You threw in back at us, demanded 16 Ports and a new front opened against the Dutch. The next day you attacked us and laughed while you did it.....

Spain is the executioner of its own destiny, blame no other. 

The Swedish and French didn't make demands on the Danes! The 'Russian' Danes from day one attacked them, we on the other hand especially the SLRN only ever supported Spain. You repaid us with treachery!

You first attack us when you thought our backs turned, you then demand ports from us for peace... always demanding, and giving nothing. Allies you say, alliances are a two way street and not a one way Calle!

Whats more ironic is the very same Spanish patriots, who negotiated for you, demanded from us have now left you in the dirt having gone Pirate.... Nice, and you still insist on British aggression.

only one nation has been owned, and they wear Red and Yellow!

Wake up!

What support do you mean? Being attacked by four clans (2 of them British) in Canalete?

What support do you mean? Taking our ports and benefitting from their resources? 

What support do you mean? When we asked to recapture some ports back because we needed resources and you told us: no way!!?

What support do you mean? When you decided that taking some ports in the southeast of Cuba was not enough that you needed ALL SOUTH of CUBA?

That support???  Sorry, but we don't need THAT support, thanks.

• Like 1

You forget the Spanish expect everything to be handed to them.

Indeed, I picture the Spanish nation much like a child crying for a lollipop right now. They don't have the means to get it for themselves, they just expect the grown ups to give them everything for free. They throw a tantrum when they don't get exactly what they want, then cry when they get punished for it. Afterwards they scream about how unfair it all is and generally avoid taking any responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that follow.

Edited by DarkFenix

Indeed, I picture the Spanish nation much like a child crying for a lollipop right now. They don't have the means to get it for themselves, they just expect the grown ups to give them everything for free. They throw a tantrum when they don't get exactly what they want, then cry when they get punished for it. Afterwards they scream about how unfair it all is and generally avoid taking any responsibility for their own actions and the consequences that follow.

Well, we now have a picture of how clever you are.

And I mean only you, not all your nation. Do you see a difference?

well, let's wait. Diplomacy needs time. I think that we should wait and see what the English will do after taking Mexico.

Are they willing to waste resources in humiliating Spain by showing they can take all the ports in western Cuba?

Probably they will (and they will be able to).

Are they willing to invest constant resources in keeping all the ports in western Cuba?

Probabily they would be even able to do it. But it's a fact that this would transform this zone - right in the middle between USA and Brits - in a zerg and guerrilla jungle. I am not so sure that it would be a good move on the strategic POV keeping a lot of resources busy just to keep with armies what a good treaty could transform in a relatively safe zone.

Moreover: there will be a wipe and some "spanish pirates" may come back with higher ranks. Let's start thinking also about that.

Who looses everithing has plenty of time to think about how to reorganize a revenge, while the winners will be always busy in winning more or keeping what they got. A great empire is difficult to control if the borders are unsafe (Roman empire fall teaches a lesson).

Now let's let Brits show their might. When they will appoint their next objective, there will be room to discuss with them (or with their next enemies of course).

Edited by victor

What support do you mean? Being attacked by four clans (2 of them British) in Canalete?

We warned Pepe and RAE not to go there, it was suicide... Pepe replied "I am going and I will take all your ports off of you, like it or not!"

What support do you mean? Taking our ports and benefitting from their resources? 

You had ports in South Cuba, but you backstabbed us and took more ports off of us.... while you thought we couldn't take them back. You paid for your pride!

What support do you mean? When we asked to recapture some ports back because we needed resources and you told us: no way!!?

We told your 'Pirate turncoats' that we were willing to negotiate Port trade after we see we can trust you.... you attacked immediately after the Meeting!

What support do you mean? When you decided that taking some ports in the southeast of Cuba was not enough that you needed ALL SOUTH of CUBA?

We had to punish you for your treachery but as above we stated, show us we can trust you and we will repay your commitment to this alliance. You laughed at us and attacked us straight after.

Sorry you do, you have been betrayed by your pride, your naivety and by the Pirate negotiators who called themselves Spanish Patriots....... We offered you the Mexican Gulf, Northern Cuba and more. You spat into our hands!

• Like 2

"Now nobody else is interested in what you have to say, you can't be trusted" ------->>>> AND THIS IS BECAUSE YOU SAY SO, LET ME HAVE A LAUGH.

I will say whatever I want, this forum is precisely for that.

Spain didn't act like a superpower? So a spanish player demanding our surrender after taking 1-2 ports while negotiations were still being held. Hmm i beg to differ.

1. Council was not formed so Britain was not untied, SLRN, AUSEZ, RGL and any others that had pacts with the spanish clans all asked Sink and BWITC to stop attacking the dons in that area, we even went to hit the Dutch in Fleet PVP at one point. So don't claim that we did not try to support you at that time, when we did, We cannot like pirates attack other players of our nation so how do you think we could support you? Pepe even wanted us to leave Conception (AUSEZ was down there before RAE, BWITC, and SINK), we did so we did not engage in accidental PVP.

2. Are you on about Panama, if so See point 1, Are you on about Yucatan region/Northern Yucatan then those around Benselem were taken to stop any advancement by the US, Northern Yucatan was taken off the US and were about to be handed back to spain.

3. If i recall what i was told, they told you in time, at the time we were trying to help you rebuild, peace with the US wasn't established and we did not want you to lose these ports all over again.

4. I can't comment on that as i don't know the full facts

5. So you don't call this support?  That fleet we had there screened for you and you don't call that support?

well, let's wait. Diplomacy needs time. I think that we should wait and see what the English will do after taking Mexico.

Are they willing to waste resources in humiliating Spain by showing they can take all the ports in western Cuba?

Probably they will (and they will be able to).

Are they willing to invest constant resources in keeping all the ports in western Cuba?

Probabily they would be even able to do it. But it's a fact that this would transform this zone - right in the middle between USA and Brits - in a zerg and guerrilla jungle. I am not so sure that it would be a good move on the strategic POV keeping a lot of resources busy just to keep with armies what a good treaty could transform in a relatively safe zone.

Moreover: there will be a wipe and some "spanish pirates" may come back with higher ranks. Let's start thinking also about that.

Who looses everithing has plenty of time to think about how to reorganize a revenge, while the winners will be always busy in winning more or keeping what they got. A great empire is difficult to control if the borders are unsafe (Roman empire fall teaches a lesson).

Now let's let Brits show their might. When they will appoint their next objective, there will be room to discuss with them (or with their next enemies of course).

Victor is right in a way, we will most likely take ports in Western Cuba, will we keep all the clans we have in that area currently there in the area, its possibly but most likely they'll return home to there AO or go to another front, We brits do have a few fronts at the present time. Will we keep fighting there most likely we will, are we willing to invest resources? Absolutely.

Will spain be able to recover from this, i do believe you can and will, will it be though continued war with us, no i don't because sooner or later you will feel the effects and you will accept that peace is the only way to fully move on. After the wipe i hope all of this can go away and we can start afresh with no hostilities between us, how we will get there who knows maybe though a common enemy on a new map, maybe though talks at the end of this one when that comes.

Are we currently overextended? yes in a way we are but do we care nope, its just a game, we have pride to keep fighting but tbh i think if the roles were reversed we would put pride to the side and talk peace. Not saying that's what you should do or anything just my personal option on how if the rolls were reserves what us brits would do.

Jags

• Like 1

We warned Pepe and RAE not to go there, it was suicide... Pepe replied "I am going and I will take all your ports off of you, like it or not!"

No, it was not suicide. If it all have worked well, that would have been a very clever movement, EVEN to your interests. And I know you know it.

You had ports in South Cuba, but you backstabbed us and took more ports off of us.... while you thought we couldn't take them back. You paid for your pride!

Taking 3 ports asking to do so before is what you consider a backstab? We contacted a diplo before doing it. We were told to wait some days, we understood that and after those days, we did what we let you know in advance. Is there anything wrong with that?

We told your 'Pirate turncoats' that we were willing to negotiate Port trade after we see we can trust you.... you attacked immediately after the Meeting!

We did nothing to deserve that treatment. We didn't fight you. Why suddenly you couldn't trust us?

We had to punish you for your treachery but as above we stated, show us we can trust you and we will repay your commitment to this alliance. You laughed at us and attacked us straight after.

Bla bla bla, the same always. You had to punish us because you have the numbers and ranks, but in our minds you broke the agreement. Not us.

Sorry you do, you have been betrayed by your pride, your naivety and by the Pirate negotiators who called themselves Spanish Patriots....... We offered you the Mexican Gulf, Northern Cuba and more. You spat into our hands!

You wish. Why Spain is treated as a hole faction while you (the SLRN) had some clans working by their own decisions? That's the big difference. We have to talk as a hole, but you don't.

I am a player in the Spanish faction that has not joined PVP yet. I am in another server too. Anyway I would like to comment, as my plan is to join PVP one day for the long term.

By what I read and hear, the situation of the faction is really very sadening to many people, regardless server even. How easy it is to judge a nation by a few follish acts, due to divided chaotic groups doing their own business (which at the end is perfectly legit since you play a game as you want). A pitty anyway. But then, how many rl wars begun by the foolish acts of a few. So we are roleplaying the absurdity of history pretty well, after all *grin*. That, all other factions might concede.

I think there is still hope to restore the faction in the near future, mainly in terms of leadership, diplomacy and coherence. There is talent around, maybe just waiting for a better moment to step forth.

I would say, please, don't judge all of the Spain faction as definitely "impossible". We might eventually breed better leadership, communication, organization and purpose, and then a more consistent faction can reborn.

I would like to see all current leaders in the Spanish faction meet and talk once more. I, as Spanish Captain offering my life and the life of my crew to the common good, want to understand where is the root cause of this debacle, and burn it down in the purifying fire.

Ashes to ashes.

• Like 1

The Spanish and RAE are to blame for the current situation of war with all of their neighbors.  The Spanish inability to work together as a nation and constantly attack every other nation around them even while these nations seek peace with Spain against common enemies of the Pirates is the cause.

February - RAE Spain Declares War on the Americans 

Americans Capture Spanish Ports

RAE Spain Runs Away from the fight and moves to Panama

RAE Spain fights a two front war against Dutch and Britain - Demanding Britan give them 14 ports from San Juan Del Norte to Buena Vista

March - RAE Spain moves to Cuba - Demands Britain give them 18 ports Corrientes to Sant Iago, but they will "allow" us to keep Puerto Escondido and Baracoa (front lines from Pirates)

Diplomatic talks with 13 Spanish Clans represented by Gaizeka Britain agrees to help the Spanish setup in the Gulf of Mexico and mount a massive 14 port offensive against the U.S. to give these ports to the Spanish.

RAE attempts to sabotage this offensive hours before by attacking 4 British ports in South Cuba while Britain is involved in a major operation vs. Pirates.

March - U.S. and Britain agree to peace with Spain and will turnover Sisal - Conil to Spainish.

On the eve of the exchange of ports to the Spanish RAE mounts a major 4 port offensive against Britain taking Placer, Misterosa, Santanilias, officially declaring open war against Britain.

The EXPLOIT of buying the ALTERNATIVE FLAG from a BRITISH ALT at Misterosa enraged the British!!  

British Clan Council agrees that we can no longer tolerate the constant backstabbing attacks of the Spanish!!!  Spain will be reduced to one port so that Britain can again turn our attention to the Pirates and Danish threats.

First of all, I would like to introduce myself

My name in game is Astur and I am a spanish player in BSG (Bastardos sin Gloria) clan.

I also would like to say thank you to all the foreing people who decided to read and post in this topic. 

I selected this two post because I think that both sum up very well what has happened with our miserable nation. I wish all Spanish players would have understood this a month before. We probably wouldn't be in this delicate situation.

As you can see in many of the responses from Spanish players in this topic, some of us are full of anger , desire of revenge and lack of reasonable arguments. This is a general trend in our chat in game lately. Actually, many of the players have been blaming each other for this situation during many weeks while Brits continued conquering our ports therefore we were bad organized and split around the map making the conquer way easier for GB.

Hence, many players have left our weak nation in the last two months joining pirates or just leaving the game. We are weak, disorganized and we do not have leverage to negotiate any short of peace. However, our biggest advantage to rebuild this nation is that we are less than before. This may sound crazy but the smaller the group is, the easier is to be organized.

We are going to try to rebuild the Clans councill. The one who was able to reach an agreement with GB in the past and as it mentioned in ZaND's post was ruined by us (this is so Spanish...) hopefully we will be able to rebuild our broken nation recruiting people and keeping our current players with us. In addition, we are going to try to use this democratic councill to solve our diplomatic issues and improve our reputation before the wipe arrives (if that finally happens).

It is time to bury the past and start a new  and better period. But we are gonna need some time to do so. I am not asking about mercy or something like that. We are gonna try to defend of small territory until the end because the people who decided to remind in Spain is because they are willing to fight and die (in the game) for this country and we are fully committed to improve our current situation.

As someone said before here, we all need the more possible people in game in order to maximize our experience playing. We are trying to help the community in this aspect trying to make Spain a competitive and attractive nation for both current  and new players

Best regards,

Astur

Edited by Infante don Pelayo
  • Like 6

Agreed. Hopefully most, if not all of the bad apples have left for the black flag. I personally look forward to the day where pvp'ing the Spanish is as fun as pvp'ing the Brits. Fight your best, congratulate each other on a win OR loss and continue on. It is, after all a game. (Except for pirates, they are a scourge and should be dealt with by all nations). Perhaps that can be the thread that begins to heal relations?!?

• Like 2

Dedicado a Charles Caldwell

We've only lost more than a few bytes in a machine. I know many of you want to see reflections of reality in this game but honestly this shows only their pathetic existence.

No hemos perdido más que unos cuantos bytes en una maquina. Se que muchos de ustedes quieren ver reflejos de la realidad en este juego pero sinceramente eso denota lo triste de su existencia.

The Spanish and RAE are to blame for the current situation of war with all of their neighbors.  The Spanish inability to work together as a nation and constantly attack every other nation around them even while these nations seek peace with Spain against common enemies of the Pirates is the cause.

February - RAE Spain Declares War on the Americans 

Americans Capture Spanish Ports

RAE Spain Runs Away from the fight and moves to Panama

RAE Spain fights a two front war against Dutch and Britain - Demanding Britan give them 14 ports from San Juan Del Norte to Buena Vista

March - RAE Spain moves to Cuba - Demands Britain give them 18 ports Corrientes to Sant Iago, but they will "allow" us to keep Puerto Escondido and Baracoa (front lines from Pirates)

Diplomatic talks with 13 Spanish Clans represented by Gaizeka Britain agrees to help the Spanish setup in the Gulf of Mexico and mount a massive 14 port offensive against the U.S. to give these ports to the Spanish.

RAE attempts to sabotage this offensive hours before by attacking 4 British ports in South Cuba while Britain is involved in a major operation vs. Pirates.

March - U.S. and Britain agree to peace with Spain and will turnover Sisal - Conil to Spainish.

On the eve of the exchange of ports to the Spanish RAE mounts a major 4 port offensive against Britain taking Placer, Misterosa, Santanilias, officially declaring open war against Britain.

The EXPLOIT of buying the ALTERNATIVE FLAG from a BRITISH ALT at Misterosa enraged the British!!  

British Clan Council agrees that we can no longer tolerate the constant backstabbing attacks of the Spanish!!!  Spain will be reduced to one port so that Britain can again turn our attention to the Pirates and Danish threats.

FEBRUARY USA conquers spanish ports and obviusly Spain tried to defend. Meanwhile, GB took many ports around Belize, spreading N. and S. saying it was temporary, so Spanish forces can concentrate in now their "friends" americans.

MARCH Due to GB NEVER gave a port back, Diplomats were changed. New promises of help, new taken ports at N of Yucatan, old tradition of keeping all the ports and return none of em.

I never saw a english returning a promised port; once in war GB uses the Port Timer (06-08) knowing that the most of spanish players are from Europe as they are (yes, I know AUSEZ but they are not the backbone of GB).

As I see it, the lack of trust sits on the british expansion on spanish Central America towards a non enemy territory at the moment.

An alliance with a powerful person is never safe. Phaedrus

Dedicado a Charles Caldwell

We've only lost more than a few bytes in a machine. I know many of you want to see reflections of reality in this game but honestly this shows only their pathetic existence.

No hemos perdido más que unos cuantos bytes en una maquina. Se que muchos de ustedes quieren ver reflejos de la realidad en este juego pero sinceramente eso denota lo triste de su existencia.

If you all care so little, why are you so salty on the forums? Your words say one thing, your actions another. Then again that's been par for the course I suppose.