Game-Labs Forum

Spain is dead ? (PVP1)

Captain Tylor

Krupi, I can agree with you in 1), 2) (I was one that said that Canalete was an error), 3), 4), 5).

The problem under 6), 7), and 8), and even 4), is the weakness of clan diplomacy. If we had a crown/congress sanction under pacts...think in black sails season 3, without the spanish crown or british parliament, forcing politics limits on terrain. In Spain faction we did many mistakes, but none of them was broken first a pact. You'll have now a problem, hundreds of players that needs to fight, to earn xps. While we resist in north cuba, you'll can maintain order in your lines. I doubt that, when we fall, you can maintain peace, with your "allies." even if is what you want. Wait and see. You'll need an enemy to unite your troops, and your troops are specially expansionists, because you can. I can hear the war drums in other nations forums, as i can hear the propaganda.

You might laugh at this however I don't think we are expansionist... (I heard your laugh)... ;)

I think most of the mature British Squadrons know that if we allow ourselves to expand we will become too stretched out and become the main target for all nations... Like we almost are now ;)

We do not want to subjugated Spain personally I would still like us to work together however that will take both sides trusting each other and it wasn't until we were attacked during our diplomatic meeting that things turned really sour between our two nations!

Look at the Dutch, we currently have a good relationship with the Dutch.

The real enemy is the Pirate/Danish alliance they subjugated Sweden then the French turning them into puppet states.

I don't want us to try and do the same thing to you however we were forced to show our strength I.e. Numbers... :(

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 1

You might laugh at this however I don't think we are expansionist... (I heard your laugh)... ;)

I think most of the mature British Squadrons know that if we allow ourselves to expand we will become too stretched out and become the main target for all nations... Like we almost are now ;)

We do not want to subjugated Spain personally I would still like us to work together however that will take both sides trusting each other and it wasn't until we were attacked during our diplomatic meeting that things turned really sour between our two nations!

Look at the Dutch, we currently have a good relationship with the Dutch.

The real enemy is the Pirate/Danish alliance they subjugated Sweden then the French turning them into puppet states.

I don't want us to try and do the same thing to you however we were forced to show our strength I.e. Numbers... :(

In real world, I'm Anglophil. But in this game, your nationalists just give all that needed our nationalists to burnt all out. Ok, you can try to humble us by the number, I agree that is a matter of raw power. The gameplay favours endless war, and the diplomacy is almost limitless. But if you forget that this is a game, that we can't die or lost real money, and continue your politic of demolish and humble Spain...well, you are failing making friends, and not only with spanish.  What can think a pirate, french, dannish or even dutch? Maybe they think neither of us are thrustworthy, or at least doesn't worth the effort. Only awaiting their turn to be humbled.

Edited by Don Alonso

I would agree if it wasn't for the very public refusal of Spanish American ceasefire by the spanish showing everyone how the spanish diplomacy doesn't work!

The purchase of a flag to stop a PB damaged spanish reputation again, so honestly I don't think we will see any adverse effects to this war as people can see it is by and large Spain that led to this!

British diplomacy is working well so far...

We will never be on friendly terms with the pirates.

The Dutch are not bothering us and nor we them, we had fun fighting RAE together.

The Danish are currently our main enemy as they are using pirates to bolster there own expansionists Idea's (behind false "freedom" motives lol). However we are keeping them at bay, or should I say a certain clan is doing a sterling effort almost by themselves!!!

The Swedish and French were our allies until they were made Danish puppets over night so we could not help :(

America we are on friendly terms with.

The US and Britain are not hand in hand at all. We are among the most bitter rivals in this game. We are simply not taking each other's ports right now as both parties have more pressing concerns elsewhere.

Hit the nail on the head.

I dont know about 'bitter rivals' though.  I love fighting the US.  My sweet darling rivals is our perspective ;)

• Like 1

The US and Britain are not hand in hand at all. We are among the most bitter rivals in this game. We are simply not taking each other's ports right now as both parties have more pressing concerns elsewhere.

I honestly fail to see where said pressing concerns actually lie.

I am going to attempt to be even more impartial ;), both sides are responsible for the current situation no one can deny that... This is what I personally believe caused it...

1) Both RAE and SLRN thought that as part the original sea trials group they could afford not to negotiate and simply make demands of the newcomers, a mistake!

2) RAE should never have moved so far away from the capital this was a large mistake and they should have listened to the other Spanish squadrons and SLRNs advice.

3) Non SLRN squadrons tired of being forced to oblige SLRN rebelled and moved down to panama, this unfortunately had the effect of blowing away SLRN treaty with RAE. SLRN did not betray RAE it was simply a treaty that would never have worked without the backing of all sides or a diplomacy tool in the game.

4) Spain should have realised that USA was a bigger threat and RAE should have given up a few ports that they simply couldn't defend and not start a front with the Dutch who were on good terms with the British.

5) Spain is not unified, when the shit hit the fan in Jamaica from the east I.e. Pirates and Danish the British Squadrons started to work with each other and are unified.

6) Spain could have joined America and then turned on the British, instead they refused to discuss and let usa destroy them.

7) USA come to terms with Spain and the British try and help them take back ground.

8) RAE ruin this by launching an attack on British ports...

These are what I have seen and/or heard that ultimately (I believe) led to the this...

To be honest Krupi I don't know where all this hatred of SLRN has come from I personally remember being told by Zak when we asked politely that you did not attack then Spanish because we the SLRN had a Agreement with RAE to "f--k off we will do what we want when we want" and no discussions would persuade Zak otherwise we tried to point out that there were other more dangerous nations to concern ourselves with..the rhetoric in game those first few weeks really made things bad and the SLRN hate went from bad to worse and still lingers now i see.

While I agree that No1 is correct we should never of assumed that our pre wipe treaty should have held maybe we should have just kept our mouths shut.

2) couldn't agree more I spoke with Pepe several times on the subject always getting the same answer these are Spanish ports.(historical blinker blinded he is)

Everything else is pretty much bang on, on a personal level now things have settled down and we the British nation seem to be at last singing from the same hymn sheet and are working together increasingly on things.

With regards to Spain and thier claims there is some truth in the thoughts re southern Cuba but we should be also aware that there was never any timeline put on the agreement that we would return those ports to them also in our discussions with RAE pre wipe we laid out to them what we at SLRN was a fair deal that would see us safe with sufficent ports to farm for them and us while providing choke points.

RAE never wanted to let us have those we agreed to review it at a later date then events proceeded to undo all our discussions.

The posturing and excuses here are quite funny.

Firstly no the Pirates do not outnumber the Brirs and US combined. The fact that you say that suggests that you are not very well informed or connected with the game as it currently stands.

The British outnumber the Pirates by a clear margain. I would presume Pirates come second in the line up with US shortly after.

As for us being the great menace we have simply responded to attacks upon our own boarders. When your neighbours have the shallow minded 'All Pirates are scum and must be wiped out' mentallity then we will of course respond alike.

I am going to attempt to be even more impartial ;), both sides are responsible for the current situation no one can deny that... This is what I personally believe caused it...

1) Both RAE and SLRN thought that as part the original sea trials group they could afford not to negotiate and simply make demands of the newcomers, a mistake!

3) Non SLRN squadrons tired of being forced to oblige SLRN rebelled and moved down to panama, this unfortunately had the effect of blowing away SLRN treaty with RAE. SLRN did not betray RAE it was simply a treaty that would never have worked without the backing of all sides or a diplomacy tool in the game.

I agree with your other points but these are simply untrue, and as one of the first point of contacts for the SLRN I never, ever once made demands on any GB clans....

Infact I never spoke to Zak in person once (I contacted him a number of times) but he was difficult to get hold of. So most of this was must be based on your perception of us (SLRN).

Anyway the situation at hand must be dealt with, not past perceived events.

Might as well, right? Then we can let 1/3 of the game map stagnate with a US GB NAP..... In early access....Get em Lobo

Not like Spain is doing anything with those ports. At least now they can actually be used instead of being meaningless dots on the map. Only thing Spain has is a misplaced sense of pride.

To clarify while I am a sea trials member I did not get to play much during open world pre wipe so most of my impression around points 1 and 2 come from the first week of early access where many clans seemingly had an axe to grind with SLRN... So I admit my interpretation is quite biased!

I am sorry to hear that you had issues dealing with BWITC at the start, perhaps if there had been a basic diplomacy tool in at the beginning of early access we would be fighting alongside Spain not against them.

Agreed, regardless of what happened between the British Squadrons during the first week what matters is that we are now have a good level of diplomacy/cohesion and personally I believe we are doing a great job.

I know myself and others in BWITC are in awe seeing SLRN putting up a great fight against near daily attacks from the Danish and Pirate hoards :)

Keep it up! o7

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 2

Lol its a game, and if you think not surrendering in an mmo is misplaced pride then idk what to tell you. Crack a beer and relax bud, Espana will be around on pvp1 for however long this game stays alive. Something someone said on a PvP 2 US thread comes to mind, and the gist of it is that you are only screwing yourself over in the long run when you destroy a nations player base and drive them away from this awesome game.

Lol its a game, and if you think not surrendering in an mmo is misplaced pride then idk what to tell you. Crack a beer and relax bud, Espana will be around on pvp1 for however long this game stays alive. Something someone said on a PvP 2 US thread comes to mind, and the gist of it is that you are only screwing yourself over in the long run when you destroy a nations player base and drive them away from this awesome game.

+1

The sad thing is that the Spanish players the responsible for there nations current predicament are now hiding behind a pirate flag!

The spanish will rise again now they are gone if they are willing to work together.

Im just hoping we will still have a healthy and relatively evenly DISPERSED player base when this game is full evolved. Having the choice between GB USA and Pirates id just go back to paradox games.

Edited by Potemkin

Might want to remind the Spanish players it's a game, they seem to be the one injecting national pride into it.

Firstly, 

What everyone is discussing is such old trivial things at the start of this game before we had a united British council. Instead of discussing every discussion between clans and every misconception lets put it down to post steam release teething pains.

Lets please forget all of this and move on. We are unified.

Secondly saying Britain is the biggest nation by far is wrong.

This is from 'Ink' on the steam forums.

"Great Britain is noumber one in terms of popularity but the gap between them and Pirates / USA is not that much as you think, Captain"

• Like 2