Game-Labs Forum
admin

Pre-patch quick number changes suggestions

1 hour ago, Trashicity said:

Increase outpost slots

Cutters afk sailing to open outposts is no content for anyone, just a time waste

do not use a cutter :D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, admin said:

good idea - but requires coding

I wouldn't add it anyways to be honest... why wouldn't another ship be able to board right away when it is already in position? In reality the 2 enemy ships would probably even board at the same time...

• Like 5

adjust wood availability.  Teak is not spread properly around the map.

Some of the BRs in the shallows are too high.  Way more than 25 ships.  

Wasa br still a little low.

increase the RNG chance of purple and gold ships that are crafted in ports outside the safe zone vs inside it.  Same with free towns.  Reward people who take risks to craft in capturable ports.  

Edited by ChristenTrash
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, admin said:

done already
circle will be decreased to allow immediate gun fire (max distance approximately 1km)

Can you explain this in more detail? Does this mean you need to be closer to tag someone or that that size of the circle in which people get dragged will be smaller?

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

in battle:

after successfully disengaging give a global boarding immunity of 2 mins to prevent chainboarding

Currently we have 1 minute and only for the guy who boarded me, not his friend standing on my side and pulling me instantly after I disengaged. 1 minute is not enough, often it is impossible to reach 3,5 knots in that time.

Change or nerf defensive boarding mods like books of 5 rings or especially Barricades. Its way too hard to win boarding against these mods even if you constantly counter the enemy (attack 3 times into brace and nothing happens lol).

1: yes.

2: no. Anti boarding builds have a place too.

• Lower Port BR's across the map - give smaller nations/clans a chance to fight for them and defend them.
  • Adjust bonuses of underused wood types (caguarain,sabicu,mahogany,oak,cedar) to be of more use for crafting ships and make the ports that produce them more desirable.
  • Increase looting range (as you said you would in other post's 3-4 patches ago) we can still board a ship, win the fight and NOT be in looting range.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chug said:
  • Increase looting range (as you said you would in other post's 3-4 patches ago) we can still board a ship, win the fight and NOT be in looting range.

ECO perk: tender boat - increases looting range by xy meters

Increase dispersion of stern chaser because laser guided systems werent invented yet

• Like 6

- Fleet 1 should be available for all, without counting as 1 perk. Everybody should get the opportunity to capture a ship.

- Improve Santa Cecilia

- Improve Le Gross Ventre Refit: it's useless now

- Repairs should be available in every shop: this would improve pvp

- Remove edinorogs: they are too strong and reload very fast.

• Like 10

Very important one that I forgot to add.

Make repairs and rum able to tow with the ship. It severely hurts pvp when you have the ship but you dont have any repair/rum with you.

• Like 7

Numbers:
Tweak poods. Reduced damage and reload.

Misc:
Make fleet 1 standard to everyone.
Make moral a real thing and look into it as determined defender instead of having it crew based.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Make repairs and rum able to tow with the ship.

Then I would remove all the unnecessary clicks and make Repairs a part of the ship without the need of logistics. So simple and honest, no delays.

• Like 3

I don’t like the idea to tow rum and repairs!

Its just a thing of organize!

if you like to fight in an area, far away from your base/clanwarehouse, 

take 1-2 traderships and bring it in this area!

Not tow everything because you are to lazy to do something in open world!

u can sail 1-2 hours without find an enemy, so you can sail 1-2 hours with a trader to bring rum/repairs in enemy territory!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

- Fleet 1 should be available for all, without counting as 1 perk. Everybody should get the opportunity to capture a ship.

- Improve Santa Cecilia

- Improve Le Gross Ventre Refit: it's useless now

- Repairs should be available in every shop: this would improve pvp

- Remove edinorogs: they are too strong and reload very fast.

This list is pretty solid. Don't really give a shit about SC tho... I don't see a point in having super rare ships in the game, if they are overperforming or have strong unique traits but I haven't sailed SC since the wipe so maybe it needs a buff... I wouldn't know. Just wanted to remind that exclusive strong or even OP gear is idiotic for a competitive PvP game ( I hope we can all agree this is what NA is or at least should be? ).

5 minutes ago, Sepp Stuart said:

I don’t like the idea to tow rum and repairs!

Its just a thing of organize!

if you like to fight in an area, far away from your base/clanwarehouse, 

take 1-2 traderships and bring it in this area!

Not tow everything because you are to lazy to do something in open world!

u can sail 1-2 hours without find an enemy, so you can sail 1-2 hours with a trader to bring rum/repairs in enemy territory!

For the average player, the solution you are giving is trash.

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 2

-Make it so you can capture 1 ship without having Fleet 1 Perk because you should be allowed to atleast capture 1 ship.

-Make woods more desirable like Oak etc, because rarely do people use them compared to Teak, White Oak, Live Oak, Fir.

-Improve some of the lesser used ships to make them more desirable, example being. 3rd Rate (Not Bellona), St. Pavel, Essex etc. because it'll encourage more variety in ships people use.

-Make Ship knowledge's work across the Ship Rates not the individual ships, Why would i not know how to sail another 5 Rate, When i've just got max ship knowledge on another 5th Rate? Granted all ships are different but this'll decrease the Grind people feel.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 4

- Increase Wasa BR I think it should sit closer to the Bellona then Aga.

- Remove random roll/buff to ships crafted in safezones, this will encourage trading and sailing outside, yet still allow new players to level up inside.

- add regional trims to random bonuses of ships crafted at a very rare level 1% or so.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

Nerf the grind for ship slots, plz!

Nerf the grind looking for books. Docens of ships sunk and no luck finding the book I want.

• Like 3

-add more penalty for repair sails/hull (or something else) ==> atm ships can repair more ten times hull...ten times rigs.... speed penalty is too low (or other).... Can repair one time (1 rig 1 hull)...no prob.. Can repair 2 times...why not? Can repair 3 times ....are you sure? 4....just crazy...more??? impossible. or a mechanic who give...1 repair cannot repair more 80% of ship....2 repair..no more 60% or something else...

-Circle in front of ships for ROE is good...But in the ass....circle must be more small. if you are targeted, defender can do defensive tag...but not as far like now... Battle are really too long where you pourchase your target (you are more fast than him....in OW...why not in Battle??oO) sometimes 1 hour before you can really engage him... and 1 hour to do nothing (2 shoots per minutes... for tag) it s really too boring.

-RvR mechanic... ==> do some IA fleet give hostility point... (not only PvE mission)..same with players.

-RvR mechanic ==> Please...solve problem with latency for refresh informations on hostility level of towns..... Not good to not have informations of RVR 30 minutes after enemy finish hostility missions... (or sink IA fleet) ...and add the new hostility mission NOW pls ^^

17 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For the average player, the solution you are giving is trash.

Average players??? Where are they? 

Average players sail in their regions and doing pve or trade!

just exp. players and hardcore players will do PB and OW PVP in a area far away from capital! 

And this kind of players are almost part of a organized clan, who can manage to bring stuff to the frontline!

U are like a lot of players just too lazy to sail some stuff!

and if you sail your stuff to the front, you can fishing btw. to get bottles, to get you rare books! Problem solved!

Edited by Sepp Stuart

2 minutes ago, Sepp Stuart said:

Average players??? Where are they? 

Average players sail in their regions and doing pve or trade!

just exp. players and hardcore players will do PB and OW PVP in a area far away from capital! 

And this kind of players are almost part of a organized clan, who can manage to bring stuff to the frontline!

U are like a lot of players just too lazy to sail some stuff!

Yeah, where are they?

Maybe most of them quit the game because of time sinks like the one you are defending.

• Like 3