Game-Labs Forum

Pre-patch quick number changes suggestions

Captains.

Patch is being readied for deployment some time this or next week.

Please propose 3 quick number related to combat, roe or conquest that you are sure must get into the game, and we might have missed elsewhere. 

example

• Increase repairs cooldown because….
  • Change nassau BR rank to 2500 because…..
  • Increase battle entry timer to 5 minutes because…..

in battle:

after successfully disengaging give a global boarding immunity of 2 mins to prevent chainboarding

Currently we have 1 minute and only for the guy who boarded me, not his friend standing on my side and pulling me instantly after I disengaged. 1 minute is not enough, often it is impossible to reach 3,5 knots in that time.

Change or nerf defensive boarding mods like books of 5 rings or especially Barricades. Its way too hard to win boarding against these mods even if you constantly counter the enemy (attack 3 times into brace and nothing happens lol).

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 11

18 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Decrease tag timer + decrease tag circle because of ow speed and it makes  tagging more enjoyable

done already
circle will be decreased to allow immediate gun fire (max distance approximately 1km)

• Like 3

Hostility should be updated after the ship sank, and not after leaving the mission.

Враждебность должна обновляться после того, как корабль утонул, а не после выхода из миссии.

• Like 7

- Increase cooldown timer to join battle after leaving port/leaving instance to 180 seconds / equal to battle join time - "what you see is what you get" - ships must be in the OW.

- Decrease port conquest cooldown to 24hours/1 maintenance after being conquered - enables fast paced counter attacks

- Remove Award of PvP Marks from sinking Trader ships.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

in battle:

after successfully disengaging give a global boarding immunity of 2 mins to prevent chainboarding

Currently we have 1 minute and only for the guy who boarded me, not his friend standing on my side and pulling me instantly after I disengaged. 1 minute is not enough, often it is impossible to reach 3,5 knots in that time.

Change or nerf defensive boarding mods like books of 5 rings or especially Barricades. Its way too hard to win boarding against these mods even if you constantly counter the enemy (attack 3 times into brace and nothing happens lol).

Why should you nerf a very rare Boarding Book? 

It takes much time to get it! 

You need 5 books, the BP! 

It‘s stupid! 

Just now, Sepp Stuart said:

Why should you nerf a very rare Boarding Book? 

It takes much time to get it! 

You need 5 books, the BP! 

It‘s stupid! 

Yeah was mainly talking about barricades. With BO5R you at least lose when you get attacked into brace.

Tagging could be a 180 degree  arc in front of a ship, this would stop people tagging a ship while running away from it, defensive tag would only be possible if the ship at least turned towards the enemy, once the tag timer starts both ships should of course be free to turn how they like.

I think repairs are too fast and too much and the fact you can repair sails with them fully up seems to a bit much for me drags a fight out longer than necessary.

Perhaps a perk to increase battle timer to 5 or 10 mins

Edited by Fletch67
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trashicity said:

Increase outpost slots

Cutters afk sailing to open outposts is no content for anyone, just a time waste

do not use a cutter :D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, admin said:

good idea - but requires coding

I wouldn't add it anyways to be honest... why wouldn't another ship be able to board right away when it is already in position? In reality the 2 enemy ships would probably even board at the same time...

• Like 5

adjust wood availability.  Teak is not spread properly around the map.

Some of the BRs in the shallows are too high.  Way more than 25 ships.  

Wasa br still a little low.

increase the RNG chance of purple and gold ships that are crafted in ports outside the safe zone vs inside it.  Same with free towns.  Reward people who take risks to craft in capturable ports.  

Edited by ChristenTrash
  • Like 5

41 minutes ago, admin said:

done already
circle will be decreased to allow immediate gun fire (max distance approximately 1km)

Can you explain this in more detail? Does this mean you need to be closer to tag someone or that that size of the circle in which people get dragged will be smaller?

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

in battle:

1: yes.

2: no. Anti boarding builds have a place too.