Game-Labs Forum

Pre-patch quick number changes suggestions

• Lower Port BR's across the map - give smaller nations/clans a chance to fight for them and defend them.
  • Adjust bonuses of underused wood types (caguarain,sabicu,mahogany,oak,cedar) to be of more use for crafting ships and make the ports that produce them more desirable.
  • Increase looting range (as you said you would in other post's 3-4 patches ago) we can still board a ship, win the fight and NOT be in looting range.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chug said:
  • Increase looting range (as you said you would in other post's 3-4 patches ago) we can still board a ship, win the fight and NOT be in looting range.

ECO perk: tender boat - increases looting range by xy meters

Increase dispersion of stern chaser because laser guided systems werent invented yet

• Like 6

- Fleet 1 should be available for all, without counting as 1 perk. Everybody should get the opportunity to capture a ship.

- Improve Santa Cecilia

- Improve Le Gross Ventre Refit: it's useless now

- Repairs should be available in every shop: this would improve pvp

- Remove edinorogs: they are too strong and reload very fast.

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Make repairs and rum able to tow with the ship.

Then I would remove all the unnecessary clicks and make Repairs a part of the ship without the need of logistics. So simple and honest, no delays.

• Like 3

I don’t like the idea to tow rum and repairs!

Its just a thing of organize!

if you like to fight in an area, far away from your base/clanwarehouse, 

take 1-2 traderships and bring it in this area!

Not tow everything because you are to lazy to do something in open world!

u can sail 1-2 hours without find an enemy, so you can sail 1-2 hours with a trader to bring rum/repairs in enemy territory!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

- Fleet 1 should be available for all, without counting as 1 perk. Everybody should get the opportunity to capture a ship.

- Improve Santa Cecilia

- Improve Le Gross Ventre Refit: it's useless now

- Repairs should be available in every shop: this would improve pvp

- Remove edinorogs: they are too strong and reload very fast.

This list is pretty solid. Don't really give a shit about SC tho... I don't see a point in having super rare ships in the game, if they are overperforming or have strong unique traits but I haven't sailed SC since the wipe so maybe it needs a buff... I wouldn't know. Just wanted to remind that exclusive strong or even OP gear is idiotic for a competitive PvP game ( I hope we can all agree this is what NA is or at least should be? ).

-Make it so you can capture 1 ship without having Fleet 1 Perk because you should be allowed to atleast capture 1 ship.

-Make woods more desirable like Oak etc, because rarely do people use them compared to Teak, White Oak, Live Oak, Fir.

-Improve some of the lesser used ships to make them more desirable, example being. 3rd Rate (Not Bellona), St. Pavel, Essex etc. because it'll encourage more variety in ships people use.

-Make Ship knowledge's work across the Ship Rates not the individual ships, Why would i not know how to sail another 5 Rate, When i've just got max ship knowledge on another 5th Rate? Granted all ships are different but this'll decrease the Grind people feel.

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 4

- Increase Wasa BR I think it should sit closer to the Bellona then Aga.

- Remove random roll/buff to ships crafted in safezones, this will encourage trading and sailing outside, yet still allow new players to level up inside.

- add regional trims to random bonuses of ships crafted at a very rare level 1% or so.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

For the average player, the solution you are giving is trash.

Average players??? Where are they? 

Average players sail in their regions and doing pve or trade!

just exp. players and hardcore players will do PB and OW PVP in a area far away from capital! 

And this kind of players are almost part of a organized clan, who can manage to bring stuff to the frontline!

U are like a lot of players just too lazy to sail some stuff!

and if you sail your stuff to the front, you can fishing btw. to get bottles, to get you rare books! Problem solved!

Edited by Sepp Stuart

Allow teleport to open ports, because without it they're useless

Decrease determined defender to 20%, because now it allows to use OP builds

Increase pood reload time by 20%, because they're very op now and they're not going anywhere anytime soon (they shouldn't have higher effective dps than 42longs)

Edited by vazco
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Yeah, where are they?

Maybe most of them quit the game because of time sinks like the one you are defending.

If you have just 30 min per day to ply, don’t play NA! Go and play Legends or WOWs, if you like to get fast action!

It takes time for sure, sometimes too much, ofc. 

But i only defend activities on open world, not hiding in ports and tow everything!

• Like 2

For long term, not for this patch :

Introduce pvp ranks and larger rewards for sinking high ranked players, because otherwise new people who buy the game, once they get to pvp, will be smashed by skilled veterans, accuse them of cheating and using op builds, and leave bad review, lowering your fan base

Divide timers geographically, because then action on map will move with time to different sections of the map, allowing for easier RvR and PvP, removing issue of "what we can flip between 21-1".

Support user story "within 45 minutes of logging into the game I want to have a meaningful pvp fight with my friends" , because that's what your game excels at and that's what can make it a big hit. 

I can't think of anything else, which is good :)

Edited by vazco

NA wasn‘t and will not a game for casuals!

So, every active player is a NA Junkie, Hardcoreplayer or love to sail!

Its not made for fast action!

And it was never a fail in sold copies!

Its just, because to much gamer without time for play and long time of development! 

I have two solutions to one annoyance I have.

1. I would increase repair rate and increase the weight of repair items. Right now its easy to carry enough repairs to almost completely replace the entire ship's hp, which is silly and leads to long, boring kiting based battles where nobody wants to let their hull hp drop below 70% and runs away to repair constantly. This isn't necessarily bad from a gameplay standpoint, just meta,(a boring one but still) but its unrealistic as hell. Make repairs weigh 2.5-3.5 each, so that captains don't carry 60+ hull repairs except to fight AI. And make the repairing function faster so captains aren't as motivated to run away in order to repair. 

2. Make repairs have diminishing returns. A far as I know, hull repairs currently repair between 25% and 30% every time. I would make it so the first hull/sail repair repairs 25%, the second 22%, the third 18% the fourth 15%, etc. 

Edit or just make hull repairs part of the ship. They seem like an annoyance that discourages pvp without adding very much game-play depth. Just have it like it used to be, 2 built in repairs on a cooldown or something like that. I wasn't around for the decision to move to a repairs item so idk much of the discussion that surrounded it though so this might be a bad idea.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

after successfully disengaging give a global boarding immunity of 2 mins to prevent chainboarding

Currently we have 1 minute and only for the guy who boarded me, not his friend standing on my side and pulling me instantly after I disengaged. 1 minute is not enough, often it is impossible to reach 3,5 knots in that time.

1. Yes!

2. Change or take away „determined defender“ of you haven‘t done that already.  Right now you need to have 30% more crew as your enemy to be able to board, right? That‘s too mighty a perk imo.

Although I know some people like to use woods like mahagony some of them are really underwhelming compared to others.

Id like to see changes to Framing. Oak is just straight up worse than Sabicu and Sabicu is trash as framing already.

Suggestion:

Oak Max speed = 0,3

Sabicu Armour HP = 0,08

Caguarian Armour HP = 0,12

dyDbjN5jQ9aqLOMpOLZJNQ.png

Planking

Mahogany has less thickness, less HP and less speed than Teak. Its useless. White Oak is too strong.

Suggestion:

Mahogany Max Speed = 0,2

White Oak Max Speed = -0,005

Sabicu Max Speed = 0

Oak Max Speed = 0,005 Armour HP = 0,04

NJucSRRRRPCsxR8H5yZMlQ.png

In general I think the difference in Planking is very small compared to Framing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBeiner said:

-if you lost your entire mast, there is no way that at sea you could step a replacement.  i suggest that, along the lines of rig repair nerfs, if you lose a full mast then the most you can do is rig a jury... equivalent at this point in the game to just losing a topmast or something similar.  5a9eaa68b234c_H.M.S._Dido_under_jury_rig_returning_to_Tahiti_January_22nd_1856_-_RMG_PY0871.thumb.jpg.6a6c34d477ba7e63a954a71226f13cb7.jpg

As one of the best mast snipers this would give me a huge advantage. I am extremely against rig repairs not giving masts back. If someone is forced to use an upgrade something is broken. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

-Make impossible to make a battlegroup with Clerk because people are using it as a exploit in order to drag only one ship into battle.

-Decrease the number of 2500BR ports because there are far too many on the map.

battle group was fixed some time ago and will be deployed with the patch
battle group status will only be granted if you have 6+ members in a group

• Like 4

I think determined defender should prevent chain boarding not boarding in general. Give it a cannot be boarded cool down like the normal one but applies to everyone. The current perk makes it nearly impossible to board larger ships and chain boarding is far more dangerous.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, trashiiii said:

any chance we will have a option to not get dragged into battles in safezones?

At peak times it can be reqly annoying around capitals

yes its also fixed
you wont be able to pull anyone into battle by alts or using npcs.. 
in reinforcement zones only attacked person will be pulled and the rest will be able to re-join the battle using positional reinforcement.

• Like 7