Game-Labs Forum

Earn money for continue good service and improve this marvellous game

Dear sir i have a suggestion for you.

Looks like your only income is the prize of the software. All good games are supporting by a monthly subscription. A little subscription who gives a little percent of experience and gold would be great for the future of the game. If people dont gain money, the things tends to go bad at last.

Other idea is to place a Cash shop with aesthetic items, flags, special ships, or special permits by money. A lot of players would be happy to help you to continue developing the game.

Just a suggestion i wouldnt like this game could disappear. I enjoy it too much

Thx a lot :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Duque said:

Dear sir i have a suggestion for you.

Looks like your only income is the prize of the software. All good games are supporting by a monthly subscription. A little subscription who gives a little percent of experience and gold would be great for the future of the game. If people dont gain money, the things tends to go bad at last.

Other idea is to place a Cash shop with aesthetic items, flags, special ships, or special permits by money. A lot of players would be happy to help you to continue developing the game.

Just a suggestion i wouldnt like this game could disappear. I enjoy it too much

Thx a lot :)

what kind of subscription did you have in mind?

5. 10. or 15 . € a month

i believe i already bought the game.

premium (time and earnings) is in this case the option i think,  and a store where you can buy extra premium stuff

Pay to play: Hell no. Why? I have already bought the game.

Pay for glitz and glamour and the odd premium item: Yes sure. As long as it is only cosmetic.

I would even go so far as paying for a map to a hidden wreck (or something along those lines) that offers the higher chance of a rare item drop or even a premium account that offers a higher chance of rare item drops. Personally I am very much against the rare upgrades and mods.

Premium accounts that offer better grind xp? The problem is: you have already paid for the game.

• Like 4

@Duque

I also wouldn’t like to see the game disappear…

The Monthly Subscription…

This from playing EvE Online for many years seemed the right solution and I would do it. They CCP (EvE Dev’s) do 1 major upgrade per year. The monthly income made cashflow forecasting easier and staff planning better. Finance easer also to obtain.

But the Dev’s are committed to ONE major upgrade per year.

I asked on STEAM the users a couple of times and it was heavily rejected. When I asked what would you do a monthly sub with a minimum 6 month…? Even USD3.00 was laughed at.

EvE seems to be one of the last MMOs to make this work.

Aesthetics BGT from a shop…

This I really like as long as its aesthetics only and not improvements.

NA-Legends…

Another idea maybe to get NA-L as the hook into NA-OW and this game if works like WoW pre-funds the NA-OW game?

ALT Purchase…

Buy an ALT. This directly adds to the funding of the game.

We already discussed this topic years ago.

I also enjoy the game very much and really love it. For Elite:Dangerous it also seems to work fine. They offer cosmetics in the shop, something that would fit NA very well too.

Maybe it would be easier to implement ships paints as "permanent redeemables" or give limited numbers (e.g. for 2€ you get 5 "Bellona White" paints) and keep the paint slot as it is.

But when redoing the ship tables, devs could implement more than just the paint slot. They could implement future slots for banderols and pennants, colored (no, nut colorful, but maybe bright white, natural cotton, aged,...) sails (or ones with clan logo), decorative hull refits (different wood structures on the stern gallery,...) etc....

Yes I like the idea of further supporting the game with cosmetics.

• Like 3

I would also suggest NOT to realize a monthly subscription!

... because that‘s not the bargain the players could have expected when they bought the game.

But I also would be fine with a store where you could buy cosmetical stuff like paints, flags, different types of stern decorations, figureheads and maybe even premium ships (which of course mustn‘t grant advantages in battle compared to similar free available ships).

Edited by Navalus Magnus

13 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

I would also suggest NOT to realize a monthly subscription!

... because that‘s not the bargain the players could have expected when they bought the game.

But I also would be fine with a store where you could buy cosmetical stuff like paints, flags, different types of stern decorations, figureheads and maybe even premium ships (which of course mustn‘t grant advantages in battle compared to similar free available ships).

premium ships and loose it in 20 minutes , not very appealing

but upgrades and paints and flags and so are great

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

There will not be any premium ships, only paints and stuff like that. Rare event ships - yes, but nothing pay to win. Even though this game is already pay to win (alt empire).

Edited by H2O

You want to watch the game die in less than a month.  Add a subscription fee to it. 

No offense but this game isnt worth 10USD a month.   Not when it is already struggling to keep 1k players on it total.  

A cash shop for cosmetic items would be nice, but wouldnt amount to much income for the work needed to maintain it.   People would complain after 90 days that they want NEW skins and personal flags and such....   Before long you have pink sails, with neon green stripes, on purple spotted Victories. 

Lastly if you add weapons or special ships, then it becomes a pay to win shop, and that will drive off players just as fast as a monthly subscription.  

Right now this game has been free for to long for them to suddenly go to a pay monthly model.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Odol said:

You want to watch the game die in less than a month.  Add a subscription fee to it. 

No offense but this game isnt worth 10USD a month.   Not when it is already struggling to keep 1k players on it total.  

A cash shop for cosmetic items would be nice, but wouldnt amount to much income for the work needed to maintain it.   People would complain after 90 days that they want NEW skins and personal flags and such....   Before long you have pink sails, with neon green stripes, on purple spotted Victories. 

Lastly if you add weapons or special ships, then it becomes a pay to win shop, and that will drive off players just as fast as a monthly subscription.  

Right now this game has been free for to long for them to suddenly go to a pay monthly model.

The longer they drag the update the faster it will die. Their 2018 silence is a a very risky decision. They do not even have plans for 2018 posted and this month is almost over. I repeat myself again there is no ideal environment to support subscriptions. By ideal environment I mean (Story Line, Scripted Missions, Random Loot, Avatar Customization, Ship Customization, Flag Customization, Treasure Hunt, Epic Events, PvP Competitions, RvR Reward pyramid.. etc). All this is non existent in Naval Action and I do not believe it will ever be added to the game. So, I see no reason to pay extra money on top of what I already payed and sometimes I regret I did. Developers wish this game to be a hardcore pvp simulator, so just let it be that way. I am personally all ready to try Sea of Thieves with my friends on cross platforms (PC + Xbox together). Does not mean I quit NA forever, it means I will pay money to someone who provides content my generation requires. 

Edited by H2O

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

premium ships and loose it in 20 minutes , not very appealing

but upgrades and paints and flags and so are great

Yacht is a premium ships, all other premium ships will work like the Yacht.

I too have been smitten by this game and love it. I crave more content. With just what the Dev's have so far provided and my imagination I'm able to have fun above any other game I have ever played. The only runners up being The Elder Scrolls games and Civilization. I want this game to succeed and be around for a long time. To do so it must make money for the Dev's. They have familys and dreams and wants too. Cash flow is a key to economic success. I am quite willing to pay for more content ( not advantage ) beyond what the base game offers. I like some of the above ideas, cosmetics, premium ships ( not buffed ships ) etc. I'll be upfront and say I don't code or develop games so I have only the smallest idea about how this could be done and I mostly play a merchant sea captain. The Pacific would be the easiest way to test it because it's already there. Put some ports in the Pacific, turn on fishing and bottles and see what people think of it. Test how many would use it. Put a couple of rare 1 port resources there for the PVPers and RVRers to war over and see what happens. If that were to go well then try a map of the rest of North  America and one of Europe. Then South America etc. The mechanics are already there and in my simplistic way of thinking should just need to be turned on once the maps are made. I for one look forward to the day I can go on a great voyage of discovery around the world. HAHAHAH, be my own Capt. Cook. I would gladly pay for each installment ( at a reasonable price ). We also could use a different advancement and rank path for the merchants and explorers amongst us vs the naval path. 

Have to go now, real life calls. Fair sailing all.         

• Like 1

The donations can be implemented (with a goal or not) as a another way to help de developers. The premium "skins" (ship paints) is so fuc**** obvios as a help: people will love even more every single ship, and the most important is it WON'T BE A PAY TO WIN GAME.

And a new interface pls ;) More visual, more attractive, is another key to win.

11 hours ago, H2O said:

Subscription for what? There is no Content. 

Pretty much this. I already paid almost 40 bucks for the game ( multiple times even, albeit by choice ) and the combat and visuals are great but that's it - not much more content to talk about. We already lack player numbers and it has been a problem since months... do you really want to thin out what's left even further? I'd probably quit myself over this. Don't get me wrong, I want to support the game and the devs but not like this ( because it's ridiculous ) but with cosmetic item ingame shop/DLC .

• Like 2

Paid over 50 for each account i have ... hmm i forget how many...

But even though i have near 2000 hrs the game doesn't compare to any sub based game I have played or even cash shop like WoW or WoT..

I wish it dit.. well mebbe not the cash shop game, preferrably the sub game.  I have subbed games for years at a time (very few) and I wish an age of sail game would come along to do the same.  NA is far from it, and I cannot see it ever doing so, but what NA does do, it tries to do very well.

• Like 1

By giving out paints for real money that can get lost just make running even more standard. When selling paints and other ship cosmetics make it buy once use forever. This way nobody has to worry and can focus on fighting.

Edited by z4ys

We would appreciate the fact that paints are included in the main package with further acquisition needed.

I find funny that so many worry about the NA Admiralty treasury and propose DLC solutions instead of promoting the multiplayer game by bringing friends into this awesome game and playing together :)