• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

No secret there. She wouldn't be able to participate in port battles in shallow waters meant for nothing larger than corvettes and sloops o' war.

well perhaps not in pb 

but what if there is land... in a pvp battle  ;)

i would rather sail on  my own nations shallow water ship then instead of a big Spanish galleon who will hit rock bottom if he underestimate the capability of the vessel

• Like 2

Hi,

Where is the famous Ottoman Ship?

(Mahmudiye, bkz.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_ship_Mahmudiye)

Not part of the current poll. She's also at the extreme end of the timeline and possibly out of it entirely. If she were to be considered, her plans would be needed, and so far we've seen little to no evidence of Ottoman ship plans other than those which came from nations at war with the Empire at the time.

It'd be nice to see some 2nd rates. The HMS Prince of Wales comes to mind.

Prince of Wales is not on the poll, only the ships on the poll are being considered. Try to remember that. That being said, the Christian VII is a second rate and is supposedly being worked on already.

I vote for the de Ruyter, 80 gun, dutch built ,shallow water. We need a bigger shallow water ship.

Mentioned "Dutch shallow waters" and "coastal operations in the Baltic Sea" - those ships of the line had less draft than their European counterparts, but they wouldn't sail in NA shallow waters.

It's "portuguese" not "portugese".

Corrected, thanks.

Mentioned "Dutch shallow waters" and "coastal operations in the Baltic Sea" - those ships of the line had less draft than their European counterparts, but they wouldn't sail in NA shallow waters.

Yes indeed.

From Wikipedia / Threedecks :

- USS Niagara : draft = 9 ft.

- De Ruyter : draft = 19 ft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Niagara_(1813)

http://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=796

we got 1 forth rate ship....I would like to see another one before seeing any more 2nd or 1st rates...but of course the 90 gun ship is winning, that's all we need more ships most ppl in the game cant get into yet.

More lower level ships are coming. As previously stated (if people would bother to read), the 2nd rate is already in the game files. For all we know one of the fourth rates will be chosen.

Voted for Christian, it needs more ship nation diversity.

True.

That's why I think we need Dutch ships, we still have ZERO dutch ships in a AGE OF SAIL game.... that's just sad.

I hope the devs will put some Dutch ships in the game on their own , because we won't see any Dutch ships winning polls like this sadly enough.

Edited by Jehuty
  • Like 1

True.

That's why I think we need Dutch ships, we still have ZERO dutch ships in a AGE OF SAIL game.... that's just sad.

I hope the devs will put some Dutch ships in the game on their own , because we won't see any Dutch ships winning polls like this sadly enough.

Don't be so sure, i would have said the same thing about danish ships if i hadn't seen the poll. Personally i'll be voting for either Dutch or Swedish ships in the next ship selection, since i believe all nations need to have ships from their own nation available.