• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

I know that there are already 2 US ships and this isn't for vote is only for ships of certain nations. However if you would consider the USS Pennsylvania a 1st rate of 140 guns for a future vote I think it would be a really cool addition!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Pennsylvania_%281837%29

There are in fact 5 US ships : Lynx, Brig (Fair American), Niagara, Essex, Constitution 

+ 3 reskins : Navy Brig, Mortar Brig, Privateer

+ 1 new soon : Rattlesnake.

It really depends on the ship you voted for. :D

I voted for a ship that received less than 30 votes. The ride hasn't been that wild...

My ship is at 63 votes right now xD but i have been paying attention to it all, and there have been some huge swings

My ship is at 63 votes right now xD but i have been paying attention to it all, and there have been some huge swings

That's why you're a mod.  ;)

Ha. Mine´s at 22 right now.

Mine's at 22+...1.  :)

But yours would be my second choice.

I like the Descubierta for her history and the Christiansborg for her looks.

This poll sure has been a wild ride for everyone that followed it from the beginning

Yeah, it has. Remember how much Christian VII struggled to be a contender earlier? I don't know where all these votes for her are coming from now. Either a lot of Scandinavians, or at least people who want to see an Danish ship in-game, are turning up to vote, or people are just voting for the biggest ship available. :lol

As a player for Sverige I might be compromised, but I can't wait to see the VASA on the sea. (440 Crew)

I read a few days earlier about her and did not saw this tread yet. But it looks like an amazing ship that I want to happen!
And yes I know that this ship wasn't in any fight - she sunk directly in front of the harbor.

Furthermore she would be fitting to fill the great hole between the 4'rd and the 3'rd classes. (With the Ingermanland)

So it would be possible to integrate a new Captains rank (max. 500 Crew?), to close the insane gap. 

We do have enough 1rd's with the Victory/Santissima and the upcoming (?) L'ocean

Thus: Give more votes to her ( ^.^)/)

But I wish we could see the Svärdet in this game. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sv%C3%A4rdet)

Edited by Twig

As a player for Sverige I might be compromised, but I can't wait to see the VASA on the sea. (440 Crew)

I read a few days earlier about her and did not saw this tread yet. But it looks like an amazing ship that I want to happen!

And yes I know that this ship wasn't in any fight - she sunk directly in front of the harbor.

Furthermore she would be fitting to fill the great hole between the 4'rd and the 3'rd classes. (With the Ingermanland)

So it would be possible to integrate a new Captains rank (max. 500 Crew?), to close the insane gap. 

We do have enough 1rd's with the Victory/Santissima and the upcoming (?) L'ocean

Thus: Give more votes to her ( ^.^)/)

But I wish we could see the Svärdet in this game. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sv%C3%A4rdet)

Just as a note, she is not the same Vasa which sank right infront of port. This is a different ship(unless i am mistaken)

Yeah, it has. Remember how much Christian VII struggled to be a contender earlier? I don't know where all these votes for her are coming from now. Either a lot of Scandinavians, or at least people who want to see an Danish ship in-game, are turning up to vote, or people are just voting for the biggest ship available. :lol

Last year didn't turn out the same, I mean the Devs had to choose then Ocean first rate themselves while the players voted for the indiaman. :P

Just as a note, she is not the same Vasa which sank right infront of port. This is a different ship(unless i am mistaken)

Damn really? I mean the Vasa i ment could be written as Wasa too... That confused me :C still a ~450 Crew ship would be something good for this game

You're not mistaken. This one's from the 18th century (1778), and, to my eyes at least, looks pretty stable. The one the capsized right after leaving its port was from the 17th century (the 1600s), if I remember correctly.

@Twig: Dude, I still haven't managed to get straight in my mind which ship is the Vasa and which is the Wasa. I just know that one of them is from one century, was a big ship for the time, and famously capsized; and that the other one is from another century, is a 60-gunner, and as far as I know did not famously capsize. I also know that the second one is the one in this poll.

Edited by Arvenski

You're not mistaken. This one's from the 18th century (1778), and, to my eyes at least, looks pretty stable. The one the capsized right after leaving its port was from the 17th century (the 1600s), if I remember correctly.

@Twig: Dude, I still haven't managed to get straight in my mind which ship is the Vasa and which is the Wasa. I just know that one of them is from one century, was a big ship for the time, and famously capsized; and that the other one is from another century, is a 60-gunner, and as far as I know did not famously capsize. I also know that the second one is the one in this poll.

Well it is entirely possible both are just the wasa or vasa, ship builders have a habit of reusing names which easily can confuse things :/

Im gonna clear the confusion on the two ships called Vasa/Wasa.

The one which sank in the harbor were named Wasa as you spelt her like that back then, but a lot of different document spelt here different as Vasa or Wasa so they decided that her name shall be Vasa and thus from this day she is named Vasa. She is the one which sank 1628 after like 500-600 meters, her full name in swedish is Regalskeppet Vasa.

The Wasa in this poll is a 4th rate designed and built by Fredrik Af Chapman around 1778, so its more then 100 years between them.

• Like 1