Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 18, PRE-RELEASE)

Nick Thomadis

16 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I'm a bit confused about the overlay height.

Sometimes the green overlayers showing where the ship is going and the ranges are barely over sea-level and the grey dotted line connected to the mouse curser comes out of the main mast near the top. And then at other times it's the other way round.

And sometimes in rough sea-state all overlays are beneath the water and I only see the occasional glimpse of them when a wave-valley (or whoever it's called) goes deep enough down.

I mentioned this in my update 12 feedback. I haven't played 13 yet but I am sorry to hear this still exists. It can be a serious problem on some maps. The graphics for the movement lines and weapon range circles are basically covered by the sea. I will play 13 tomorrow if I can and see what I get...

• Like 1

Took me a while, but i was able to reproduce the Bug (in my opinion, as i cannot tell if intended or not) where AI asks for peace, you deny it and after another battle that you win the AI (Italy in my case) all of the sudden loves you.

I attached a Screenshot as short desciption: UAD_DiploBug.png

Link to the initial save to reproduce:

https://mega.nz/file/jLZAzIyK#NM3fy7RG5YPROuLqmmweS1C-F8R-umSqJcpdNCZTxwM

Link to save files after it happened:

https://mega.nz/file/eSZRXQaR#JgmHRMOTofhRs5qR6NMYAtBjdfTQ3cESEAUiCGi-Jgk

No save file editing was done and the campain is fresh since the last wipe (yesterday iirc?)

UAD_DiploBug.png

• Like 1

Something else that happens quite regularly recently is the the horizonal offset of the UI and collision model. Excample Screenshot below.

This also seems to affect if Torpedos hit (i.e. in this case i am pretty sure a Torpedo will pass through that ship even if it >should< hit).

Nick mentioned previously such things happen due outdated ship designs, but in my case I had a full wipe since last patch.

Another Info that migth be helpful there: Mostly it seems to apply to CL type ships, ocationally to TBs as well (1890 start to CL is around 3k tonnage and TB around 270, AU models for that age).

UAD_HorizontalUI_issue.png

Edit / Update:

Actually in the same battle a okay looking enemy CA was quite Torpedo immune:

UAD_HorizontalUI_issue2.png.16cdea1199ca95a03e26d9dd061e438a.png

Edited by Cryadis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Regarding the torpedo going down ships or UI shifting up or down, have someone noticed it, ever, outside of the campaign? For example, in a Naval Academy mission or a Custom Battle.

Not that I have seen but I rarely play anything but campaign

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Regarding the torpedo going down ships or UI shifting up or down, have someone noticed it, ever, outside of the campaign? For example, in a Naval Academy mission or a Custom Battle.

I play a fair bit of custom battles, and I've never seen this bug before. This patch's campaigns are the first time I've ever seen it.

Critical bug in the latest beta with the editor. Sometimes when I click on an armor field to try to enter an armor value, the field isn't selected. If I happen to be on the Hulls tab of the editor, pressing a number key will tell the editor to swap my design to that hull. This is annoying but fine since it's intended. However, when attempting to select another hull from an already modified hull, the game pops up with a confirmation screen saying that I have unsaved changes and asking if I want to discard this hull. The bug is that no matter whether you click yes or no, the game always discards the current hull and resets to the new one. Even worse, you can't get out of this yes or no menu by hitting escape; the only way to not lose your current design is to close and restart the game. This is one of the worst bugs I've ever seen in the game and makes it impossible to edit armor values without being afraid of losing my saved design.

Got some campaign feedback here.

While I appreciate my ally's commitment to the mission, I'm not sure sending a ship this horrifically damaged into battle is such a great idea.
5qvLxy7.png

With only a single twin 203 turret operational, only half the torpedo launchers still in working order, 3 dead engines, and a broken rudder, this thing is basically a free kill. Naturally, the enemy AI is prone to the same issue, I've seen more than a few badly damaged ships limping away from my fleets without actually being part of the current engagement.
I do believe that ships can be sent into battle after receiving damage, but there must be not only a significant chance of survival, but a justification to bring damaged ships into contact in the first place. If all the primary systems are combat ready, then it's reasonable to stay at sea after a battle, but when you sustain any damage that would put your ship at a significant disadvantage in a fight against your opposite number, then you should probably head home for repairs.

• Like 1

The BUG giving victory points to the losing side, is still alive and doing well.

Playing the Germans, I had a overwhelming victory over the French during a 1910 campaign last evening.

106383998_GermanyvsFrance19454to141.thumb.png.86ead91b4483593b2c19a46c824e878f.png

Attached is a screen shot of the final report.

The victory was awarded to the French, causing German Naval ratings to drop to negative 41.

Is the game haunted by the ghosts of the past French Navy?

• Like 7

Been getting missions located on the mainland in my 1920 Germany campaign

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This fleet match making is certainly the insane difficulty at work lol.

Also noticed something odd after i ran out of HE ammo, but still had HE selected at the bottom UI

the tool tip on the side says that it switched back to AP, because thats all the ammo i have left, but visually it fires the HE yellow, especially noticeable compared to the incoming white 15in AP fire.

when i select AP it fires the AP white, when HE is selected it fires HE yellow, regardless of the color. not sure if thats just a visual thing or not

Green overlays like ship direction and gun ranges are missing sometime but the enemy red overlays are normal.

Then at some point after the ships get closer to each others they showed up again first in a weird shape then to normal.

Maybe the ships are outside the overworld? And when the whole squadron get inside properly everything's fine?

20220405003133_1.thumb.jpg.e12329d556408fcf84fe4e767080dea3.jpg20220405003251_1.thumb.jpg.a55a4366649dde4b3b26df915d73e9f5.jpg

Edited by DableUTeeF

I noticed that ships seem to be inconsistently positioned vertically. This light cruiser of mine has its name and health/float bars sunk into the ship itself, and I can only click-select it directly if I click a significant distance below it. The affected ships are also completely immune to torpedoes and unrammable, as the hitboxes simply never intersect due to their height difference.

This has so far only happened to my (German) destroyers and light cruisers, and some enemy (French and British) destroyers.

My ships' hulls: Light cruiser III with 4% beam 12.4% draught / Large Torpedo Boat with 4% beam 8% draught

20220404201404_1.thumb.jpg.902dc05d22e3f50a507b7daf88ddb69a.jpg

The customization of Beam / Draught is amazing + the type of shell are big game changer! 

But because of that campaign are much easier than before... I play around 8 month, but the war can be ended after 6 month, for me 12 months are very long campaign. I spent more time to design ships than actual fighting. 

Could you add feature to force AI to fight to the end, simply disable the end of the game as "ultra hard campaign" or something like that? This will allow more testing and have more fun. 

27 minutes ago, ETF said:

Sorry chaps .......simple question can' find though - How does one create a taskforce? Cheers

click on a port that you have ships at, will be an option to 'move' -> select spot on map -> select ships and done

Good so far. One thing that bugs me however. I was blockading Germany and Austria-Hungary at the same time while playing as Britian. I could not force a single battle even when I camped a fleet outside of Wilhelmshaven that was the same size as the one in harbor. The campaign was a 2 year one

9 hours ago, Kowalskicore said:

I've now looked at roughly where the clickable hitboxes seem to be for my destroyers, here they are. Evidently, quite a bit below the surface.

20220404202703_1.jpg.9abedd9b73470a7cfeb72105e90bd2ac.jpg

As one can see here, the torpedo simpy passed through the destroyer, as it never hit the submerged hitbox.

20220404203328_1.thumb.jpg.9080f9916e15f2d01a1a3a2e91c9aa45.jpg

You seem like a guy that's actually tracking this shit down. Nice report!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Plazma said:

[/snip]

Could you add feature to force AI to fight to the end, simply disable the end of the game as "ultra hard campaign" or something like that? This will allow more testing and have more fun. 

In the current state of the game / campain I'd also really would appreciate an option to disable campain ending. Considering it always ends due to unrest of one of your foes, maybe that hypotetical option's effect would be to fix respect (from the save-file) for all playes at 0.0.

i really do enjoy focussing on research and happily retrofitting my ships to throw them at my foes to see how they do, but with current ending mechanic you possibly get very few new techs out of the game before its over again.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DableUTeeF said:

Actually, I think sometime ships are above the water. Only some ships though as all other ships are fine.

This maybe the cause of other recent problems.20220405003704_1.thumb.jpg.2cf565ca8ab24afdb22cccf9dbc68162.jpg

I've had the overlays be at various heights, including below the water-line on one and the same ship, so to me it looks like it's random or maybe tied to something not obvious, rather than being fixed for a certain kind of ship.