Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 18, PRE-RELEASE)

Nick Thomadis

2 BB and 1 DD  ((~72K tons 12 16" 4 X 3 and 30 8" (10 X 3) 31knts  <-- Me

vs 

1 BB (~63K tons,  9 18" (3 X 3) 36 7" 12 X 3) plus a bunch of miscellaneous 35knts

1BC (43K tons, 12 17" (3 X 4) Some 8" and a bunch of miscellaneous 34knts

4 17K ton CAs

5 ~9K ton CLs

4 DDs.

The Enemy fleet ran away instead of trying to attack....  

Ok, I don't know what happened with the latest update to the Beta, but it is impossible for me to start a new campaign, absolutely endless loading stuck on the 5 years simulated before the campaign start.

Even after 20 minutes I'm still stuck on July being simulated of that first year...

9 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

There are also other towers which have special side mounts which do not always fit. These mounts can be used in flat decks, if those towers are present. You can use the CTRL+Mouse to add turrets near where they can be mounted.

The casemate guns on the towers will be checked.

You can't use CTRL+Mouse to move them elsewhere. They phase through the ship.

• Like 1

This aggravates me to no end, there isnt a single tower the Dual Funnels actually fit on.  And thats still before looking at other funnels, (like super funnel large) or those of other nations.  I beg of you, please fix this, somehow.  Remove the funnel borders in towers, add a larger tower, i dont care. please.  ANYTHING.

20220326112410_1.thumb.jpg.3556eb98b65f2c8e9f2a0e66b1b45ce0.jpg

And, the large versions of the wide funnel are actually substantially smaller.  Left is normal wide funnel II.

20220326225931_1.thumb.jpg.f2d0a79aaa1eeca51724ea1a64c35a2d.jpg

Edited by slightlytreasonous
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Manifestorum said:

Ok, I don't know what happened with the latest update to the Beta, but it is impossible for me to start a new campaign, absolutely endless loading stuck on the 5 years simulated before the campaign start.

Even after 20 minutes I'm still stuck on July being simulated of that first year...

just try again; occasionally it freezes on a new campaign

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dave P. said:

War between great powers was... they usually didn't have very good reasons. Or it came down to money.

But since you don't need a "good" reason, you can make the mechanism pretty simple. Something like:

1. Every region has a "dominant" power that considers it theirs.
  2. You can have a naval presence in every region.
  3. You can have a trade/economic presence in every region, established based on naval presence.
  4. Economic presence boost GDP and naval budget.
  5. Everybody wants more money.

If you have low/zero presence in a region, powers that "own" those regions will be friendlier towards you.

As your economic, technological, or tonnage advantage grows in an area, AIs will start to ally against you.

You can only grow your presence to a certain point without fighting the dominant power(s) of the region. So the players' incentive to start wars is to increase their economic share of a zone.

If your naval presence in a given region drops too much relative to your economic presence, any non-allies that consider it "their" region will attack you.

When the AI declares war, it sets a political/economic goal. (e.g., Reduce German economic presence to <10% in Western Med.) If it achieves that goal, even if it's winning, it will ask for a peace treaty. If you continue a war when the AI wants peace, your allies will start to make separate peaces and maybe even attack you too.

Meanwhile, your allies will be inclined to drag you into their wars, and/or ask you for approval (if your navy is bigger than theirs) to attack ABC empire because XYZ.

If you want to make things more interesting, allow screening forces (TB/DD/CL) to occasionally attack you w/o starting a war. If you beat them back, the AI apologizes for the miscommunication and pays an indemnity. If they win, well... who knows.

Uhhh, so I might be a little juiced right now, but apparently you took something I said the wrong way and I wasn't even responding to you but someone else. Didn't need an essay. All I was trying to say was that given the state of the campaign, there is not much to incentivize expansion other than "Huurrr Durr let's paint the map...on the coast at least anyway."

You talk about some so many things that are currently irrelevant or nonsensical. No presence making them "like" you for not "owning" a region? Well currently the Med is in two parts, and the Atlantic is the south, north, and channel, and then we have the Baltic...wow such diversity.

You talk about all these things like they are mechanics that exist. "Reduce German economic presence to <10%" LOL. What game are you playing dear sir? The economy has been barebones since the very first edition of the campaign. There is no such thing as regional economic presence. We have a pre-set GDP number and a budget calculated from that, subject to blockade and/or transport losses if they fall short of our allotted production past the 100% mark. That's it...

All this talk of complex triggers for diplomatic action is speculative bullshit, full stop. Have a good day and maybe next time consider the state of the game before dumping complex diplomatic logic on the forum as your justification when we are yet nowhere near such a thing.

• Like 1

Guys please, stay on topic - otherwise open a new one, it's not that hard . . . 

Anyway,

since the last small patch, occasionally the Top info screen for enemy fleets doesn't show all ships
This fleet has clearly more than just 3 ships :D

It's a Strike Mission by the way, mostly French ships and 1 British ship, Germany Campaign 1940

image.thumb.png.b8e11f196d004a9542b534e6f9e0db6f.png

14 hours ago, neph said:

Just lost half my crew randomly? I wasn't fast enough to catch it in the event feed, but a message popped up "CL lost 298 crew" with no associated major hit. Sure enough, almost half my crew are dead. No clue what that's about.

apdBU1R.png

https://imgur.com/apdBU1R

This has happened to me a few times too, though I think it was using U7

Edited by Admiral Unterhosen

14 hours ago, jtjohn1 said:

Multiple battles since this last patch and unless they spawn right on top of me the enemy just runs away.  Even when the tonnage is really close or they have the advantage.

Also massive 17/18" armed capital ships with decent armor shouldn't be able to steam at 38+ knots.  It's a VERY steep curve once you reach a certain speed.  The amount of HP needed to go from 33 knots to 35 knots should be immense. 

Speed, Armor or Firepower.  Pick any two If you have Max

firepower the other two will suffer.  If you have great armor and great speed then Firepower must suffer etc etc.  

Not sure about accuracy though since I still have cadets but it seems like you have to be almost right on top of them to achieve any hits right now (1940s with Radar III etcI

There has long needed to be a hard limit on the SHP you can put in a design.  There were clear physical limits due to the properties of steel and metallurgy that limited the SHP per shaft.  There are also clear downsides if you try to go beyond 4 shafts on a design.  This would solve a TON of problems.  But everyone wants their 180,000 ton monster steaming around at 33 knots apparently.

While playing AU, had to fight off British ships attacking my conveys in front of my ports. Only problem was that the ships attacking were stationed in the North Sea and English Channel. 

14 hours ago, neph said:

just try again; occasionally it freezes on a new campaign

Seeing as there are many people who run to scream on forums at the sign of first trouble in any game, I can understand the assumption that this was a one time thing.

But it is a persistent thing over multiple days and attempts.

Now I did actually manage to get into a campaign after letting it load for 40 minutes, but it goes with out saying that such a result is unacceptable.

Edited by Manifestorum

52 minutes ago, Manifestorum said:

Seeing as there are many people who run to scream on forums at the sign of first trouble in any game, I can understand the assumption that this was a one time thing.

But it is a persistent thing over multiple days and attempts.

Now I did actually manage to get into a campaign after letting it load for 40 minutes, but it goes with out saying that such a result is unacceptable.

Maybe post specs or something Cuz I've never had it take so long it takes 60 maybe 90 secs to start a new campaign for me so it could be an optimisation thing 

2 hours ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

Maybe post specs or something Cuz I've never had it take so long it takes 60 maybe 90 secs to start a new campaign for me so it could be an optimisation thing 

Well I'm 99% sure that shouldn't be the problem, but sure.

CPU: Intel I7 4930K

GPU: Nvidia 2070 (yes the drivers are updated, I even did a clean install for the last update)

RAM: 16 gb DDR3

Storage: a Samsung 1tb SSD, I think it's a 860 EVO, can't remember specifically

So, unless there is some Murphy's Law case of the combination of parts screwing with the game then I don't see the Hardware being the problem.

Just to reiterate, because I'm not sure if this was clear in my past post, I had no problems with previous versions of the Beta, I think the last time I played with stable loading of a new campaign was 2 weeks ago.

Edited by Manifestorum
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, neph said:

Just lost half my crew randomly? I wasn't fast enough to catch it in the event feed, but a message popped up "CL lost 298 crew" with no associated major hit. Sure enough, almost half my crew are dead. No clue what that's about.

apdBU1R.png

https://imgur.com/apdBU1R

Might be that the ship started with below max crew, I noticed the game records the first hit as taking casualties down to the level they are really at as if they started at full crew.

38 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update: 10 (28/3/2022) Available

- Fixes/Improvements on various hulls. Save version was reset to prevent bugs on ongoing campaigns or previous saves.
- Fine tuning of targeting & shell dispersion.
- Fine tuning of Battle AI.
- 4x New Hulls.

Any chance we can at least be told what nation/time period to look for the new hulls in when they're added?  I can never seem to find them.

ok there is still some camera bug in the dock when i build i cant move the camera its sometime stuck would like to know if there is other who had r´this issue and in the new multible nation battle there is a bug that cause my ship health bar to go under water when i zoom into my ship ohh and the camera bug is there again like when you click on the ship it wont move on to it and thats in the multible nation battle as well 

If we compare the list of hulls from the "Changelog Update v1.05" theme and the current theme, we can find new ones:

1. New Russian “Scout Cruiser” variant with a displacement between 4,300 and 9,300 tons that is available in the years 1909-1920.

2. New Italian “Scout Cruiser” variant with a displacement between 4,500 and 9,500 tons that is available in the years 1910-1920.

3. New US “Scout Cruiser I” variant with a displacement between 8,500 and 10,500 tons that is available in the years 1915-1930.

4. New US “Scout Cruiser II” variant with a displacement between 9,500 and 12,500 tons that is available in the years 1919-1930.

5. New British “Light Cruiser IV” variant with a displacement between 5,500 and 9,500 tons that is available in the years 1915-1930.

And I didn't find: 

New US “Light Cruiser III” variant with a displacement between 8,500 and 10,500 tons that is available in the years 1915-1930.

• Like 6

Displacement info improvement.

BrxR0Hf.jpg

trVYBP8.jpg

- In this example i have a total 6307tons to use.

- I only need 3900 tons.

- In battle the UI is telling the player the total displacement that was available in the design process but not the "real" displacement value.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

ok there is still some camera bug in the dock when i build i cant move the camera its sometime stuck would like to know if there is other who had r´this issue [snip]

I periodically come across the issue where in designer the camera gets stuck. I figured out there is a workaround by selecting other / different components and / or using right click that seems to "unstuck" the camera. I am sorry i cannot tell exactly how that workaround works since i more react to it then think about it, but hopefully it will help you and others.

Edited by Cryadis