Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 18, PRE-RELEASE)

Nick Thomadis

Since we already have fine customization of width and beam that just stretches the hull model, can we have the same for length? We do already have the displacement slider but it's not very granular and being able to make ships with an even higher length to beam ratio would be highly appreciated.

• Like 2

Couple of things from my first battle and designs.

Germany fighting a British/French Taskforce.

UK 20" started consistently landing hits on me from beyond 16" range (Talking 30+KM) If that sort of accuracy continues AT THAT RANGE then the best/easiest way to win is just select the longest ranged guns you can and pound until you sink everything.  Don't go nuts with an accuracy nerf because then the game becomes WAY to boring but don't hit consistently out past ~21000-24000 yards (Longest hit on record is 24K Yards (Though it's possible that Yamato hit Gambier Bay at longer distance just no way to prove definitively)

German Battlecruiser can only use the first funnel (Uber Funnel II) even though Uber funnel III and III enhanced are available they don't fit

As a result even with Oil III and forced boilers I can only get Engine efficiency up to 98% at anything past 32 knots with the single funnel slot available with the towers.

On a ~74500 ton battleship (Beam maxed out at 10 Draft at 8.5) the largest guns I can put on it and have pitch not be yellow are 4 X dual 13" I tried Dual 16" and pitch was still yellow (Tried a Bismarck config of dual 15" and still yellow) everything else is balanced.

When fighting the Task Force I had issues with the upper menu (That shows what ships are on the enemy team when they come into range) I could only see 2 ships the entire time.  

When fighting the Task Force I had issues getting all of my ships to fire even though they were in line of battle at the same range shooting at the same targets.  I finally managed to get them to shoot by selecting AP.

That's it for now.  Great work and I will let you know anything else I run into.

There are some Issues with the new funnels:

image.thumb.png.b5ed29585cc6d0f54b96f4757a0a498c.png

The boats on the central funnels (all of them as far as i can tell) block both placement of turrets and crossdeck-firing, making them effectively rather pointless.

In addition the german battlecruiser 1 hull only has the choice of central funnel 1 and central funnel 2 which makes it very hard to build a design with more than one funnel and impossible to recreate Von der Tann which the hull is supposed to represent.

image.thumb.png.36f82c8666188bf2ca0f04b1ee0ce9c0.png

Please give this hull more funnel options.

6 minutes ago, Finwenolofinwe said:

There are some Issues with the new funnels:

image.thumb.png.b5ed29585cc6d0f54b96f4757a0a498c.png

The boats on the central funnels (all of them as far as i can tell) block both placement of turrets and crossdeck-firing, making them effectively rather pointless.

In addition the german battlecruiser 1 hull only has the choice of central funnel 1 and central funnel 2 which makes it very hard to build a design with more than one funnel and impossible to recreate Von der Tann which the hull is supposed to represent.

image.thumb.png.36f82c8666188bf2ca0f04b1ee0ce9c0.png

Please give this hull more funnel options.

You probably play in campaign, so you need to research new funnels. There should be more of them. You can check the hull in the custom battle.
EDIT: as a matter of fact, there is a problem with their availability, so it will be fixed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Playing my campaign I noticed I went from 6 BBs to 5.  I also had 3 in dry dock under repair but I didn't fight any battles.  THEY WENT ROUGE ON ME!!  :)

I am wondering if it's going ahead and auto resolving things if you hit next instead of fighting a battle (It didn't used to do this) since I just lost more and that's what I did (Sometimes I don't see the battle screen until it's too late or I just don't want to bother with a small battle that's going to take awhile and don't want to auto resolve something and lose 6 100K ton battleships to 5 DDs

Edited by jtjohn1

Okay, some good feedback: I like the changes  on the interface. Having a parameter so important as the engine efficience displayed so at hand is a good move. Same for the war summary interface on the campaign. Good change.

Now, the not so good feedback. The problem of A-H not being able to build battleships at the start of the campaign hasn't been tackled. Also the poor CL hul choice of them. What is whose, the auto design fleet on campaign again gives them an unusable battleship.

About the new ships and model: I like what I see. But since I went to look at the new spanish hulls, I noticed two things: The flag on the hull is still the 1978 one (incorrect one) and the naming list for spanish ships is simply ATROCIOUS! Not only has religious sounding names, like Santa Elena or San Juan, when those kind of religious sound names where deprecated on the 1850s (with the sole exception of the Cardenal Cisneros armoured cruiser) but a lot of them are clearly Google Translate made! (like Real Felipe instead of Rey Felipe. But even if it was the right one, we won't name a ship like that either, so...) Why don't you let an actual spanish (wink wink) to take a look to the list and point out all the mistakes? I'd gladly volunteer for that, and I'm almost sure that there is at least another spanish on this part of the forum.

• Like 5

Problem in the campaign: playing as France 1930. In 1 year I've had 2 (minor) encounters. The Germans and Austro-Hungarians are holed up in their ports and seem to refuse to leave. Somehow my allies are getting victory points for the cause. Please tell me the "ships don't leave port" bug is back :(

11 hours ago, ColonelHenry said:

That ship probably sailed long ago. I just hope we get more realistic systems to make these ships only appear in custom battles.

So @Nick Thomadis, this guy got a point about giant battleships that I mentioned earlier while it was still pending, it was meant to be designed for the custom battles mode only along with more realistic systems to make those ships

18 minutes ago, Stealth17 said:

Problem in the campaign: playing as France 1930. In 1 year I've had 2 (minor) encounters. The Germans and Austro-Hungarians are holed up in their ports and seem to refuse to leave. Somehow my allies are getting victory points for the cause. Please tell me the "ships don't leave port" bug is back :(

Same issue in my campaigns. Not the germans, but the AH always refuse to leave the ports.

Got frustrated with my ships taking mystery damage and causing things not to be available (Or even getting blockaded because of it)

This time I started a new campaign.  Assigned my ships to a port before I started.  First month (Without the ships leaving port at all) 4 of them had damage and were going to spend the next 3 months repairing it?

Not sure where this one is coming from.

Just now, jtjohn1 said:

Got frustrated with my ships taking mystery damage and causing things not to be available (Or even getting blockaded because of it)

This time I started a new campaign.  Assigned my ships to a port before I started.  First month (Without the ships leaving port at all) 4 of them had damage and were going to spend the next 3 months repairing it?

Not sure where this one is coming from.

Yeah, I see a lot of this, sometimes my ships and/or AI will have battle damage BEFORE battle begins.. 

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

Okay, some good feedback: I like the changes  on the interface. Having a parameter so important as the engine efficience displayed so at hand is a good move. Same for the war summary interface on the campaign. Good change.

Now, the not so good feedback. The problem of A-H not being able to build battleships at the start of the campaign hasn't been tackled. Also the poor CL hul choice of them. What is whose, the auto design fleet on campaign again gives them an unusable battleship.

About the new ships and model: I like what I see. But since I went to look at the new spanish hulls, I noticed two things: The flag on the hull is still the 1978 one (incorrect one) and the naming list for spanish ships is simply ATROCIOUS! Not only has religious sounding names, like Santa Elena or San Juan, when those kind of religious sound names where deprecated on the 1850s (with the sole exception of the Cardenal Cisneros armoured cruiser) but a lot of them are clearly Google Translate made! (like Real Felipe instead of Rey Felipe. But even if it was the right one, we won't name a ship like that either, so...) Why don't you let an actual spanish (wink wink) to take a look to the list and point out all the mistakes? I'd gladly volunteer for that, and I'm almost sure that there is at least another spanish on this part of the forum.

You CAN build Bbs for A-H currently.  What you need to do in ship design first select any other hull, then minimize beam and draught.  After a tick, Battleship one hull becomes selectable.  Then it can be designed normally at its tiny displacement.  The Cl hull is at least interesting, as it trades an extra broadside torp for all secondary guns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Same issue in my campaigns. Not the germans, but the AH always refuse to leave the ports.

Similar here. I don't see them moving ships around on the world map or trying to control seas. But they do sortie from the ports every couple turns to feed me VP.

What I wonder might be a bug - Germany is consistently able to project 80% as much power into the North Sea with a much smaller (at least after the first couple large engagements) navy sitting in ports, instead of out on Sea Control duty.

Edited by Dave P.

Update: 7 (24/3/2022) has been uploaded. It is advised to play a new campaign. Saved designs can be affected and you will have to re-adjust parts. In summary it includes the following:

- Fixed, possibly fully, the notorious opposite VP bug.
- Fixed battles that did not load in some occasions when allied ships participated.
- Now Allied ships are fully controllable and will not cause formation errors.
- Fixed other campaign bugs.
- Fixed hulls issues that you reported. In particular, some texture errors due to bad sectioning of some models, and other minors.
- Improved further the part collider mechanics, for more accurate part placements.
- Improved further the Auto-Design.
- Fixed Campaign UI issues (text overflow).
- Improved the Ship Plan view (in shipyard mode).

Restart Steam to receive the update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Stealth17 said:

I think the campaign endscreen can be further improved

image.thumb.png.c0e2e1f1794be497fbf2082f0bb2d8d0.png

I was in an alliance with the British and the Italians. Why do I get an outcome score vs my allies? 

It will be fixed in the next update.

image.png

We will look to it, but it should be only a peculiar Campaign UI issue. You can check the data here, if the values apply correctly.

• Like 1

This is the closest I managed to recreate Von der Tann. Problem is, to achieve this look, I had to use 10" instead of 11" guns. The 11" guns look comically big on this hull. Either the size for the 11" inch turret or the hull itself needs to be tweaked. Also, all high seas fleet capital ships had the top of their turrets painted black, this should be changed as well to improve accuracy.

Unbenannt.png

• Like 1