Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 18, PRE-RELEASE)

Nick Thomadis

25 minutes ago, Kowalskicore said:

I just tried to design a few ships with this hull, and honestly it's basically impossible to get the pitching under control. The best I got was like 35% pitch, because the hull already starts with between 20% and 30% pitch without any components.

Auto-design was even worse, I got >80% pitch and roll on some attempts.

qM2ggHM.jpg

It seems ok to me.

bf8ZlGc.jpg

And sails ok. I  design another version with 90% pitch value. And yes, this hull goes crazy with high pitch values.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is not a bug. Fleets become damaged  as they battle other enemies. Your ships will become damaged too and may participate in other battles in the next turn before they are sent for repairs.

Nope, this happens on the first combats of a campaign. 

Right at the start of the battle, always on 3 seconds it seems, you get notifications saying the enemy ships have been damaged. And its always all the ships of the same design it happens to which suggests a issue.

The problem of very large pitch at sea must have been with the previous beta, as such issues have been resolved.

Nope, this started happening a few patches ago, same patch that moved the pitch numbers to the centre of the screen in the designer. 

100% certain this is still happening.

36 minutes ago, Admiral Unterhosen said:

Ships leaving Hamburg port must sail AROUND Demark peninsula to get to the North sea?

Also the coordinate system.. at least the old one had whole numbers... could this be real Lat/Long, or some other logical system?

Capture2.JPG

I'm hoping the hamburg thing is a little mix up Cuz theyre gonna add lubeck (fingers crossed) 

20 hours ago, Andvarus said:

@Nick Thomadis why are ship that are suppossed to anchor in Hamburg are going around Jutland and into Lübeck????? They should be moving just into the Elbe and done. This is really strange on the Map and sometimes when fleets would only need one turn to get to another Port it needs two instead were they get intercepted. 

unknown.png

It gets really annoying sometimes, a fix would be appreaciated :)

*cought* posted this just yesterday -.-' *cought*

On 4/8/2022 at 4:26 AM, Korn2 said:

Hey there,

I would like to suggest the following change to how your targets maneuver/speed/movement affect gun accuracy. 

Right now, if I am not mistaken, both of these generate a % modifier to the hit accuracy. However, I don't think that this modifier scales with the distance between you and your target. It should though - because what really matters is not how fast the target moves in absolute terms, it only matters how much it changes its position until the salvo reaches it - and this "time to hit" scales linearly with distance.  

The problem that this causes is that fast moving ships are unrealistically hard to hit at close distances.

If you are, say, 10km away from your target, their movement / maneuvering matters a lot due to the time it takes for your salvo to reach them. If, however, they are only 100 meters away, it does not really matter at all.  

Hence, the accuracy factors that are based on your targets movement should scale with distance up and beyond the "normal" distance modifier that already exists.

I.e. at a distance of 0, target's movements should not matter at all for accuracy calculation. At a very large distance, it should matter a lot. 

To give some numbers examples (made up numbers):

Chance to hit static target at 10km = 10%

Chance to hit aggressively moving target at 10 km = 5% (50% reduction as target's movement matters a lot on long distances)

Chance to hit static target at 2000m = 50%

Chance to hit aggressively moving target at 500m = 45% (only a 10% reduction as movement does matter far less at short distances)

On the other hand, at close distance the angular velocity of a speeding ship is higher, so it means it is harder to kee pLARGE  guns trimmed correctly (so at end thigns might be a bit more complicated, depending on the rotation speed of the turret)

• Like 1

=============

Update: 17 (9/4/2022) Available

- Further improvement of Ship motion at sea.
- Acceleration now has an extra dependency from ship speed, that realistically makes it to increase proportionally. This helps ships from becoming stalled after decelerating to very small speeds.
- Further shell dispersion improvement.
- Damage model improved so that full penetrations have a much more distinct impact when achieved. This change will balance out the role of AP/HE rounds.

This is a 2nd release candidate to be deployed on Monday. Please report if you find any critical bug.

• Like 5

I want to say thanks for the latest patch to the beta, a couple of my big pet peeves have been fixed - now that ships in a formation are managing their speed better and auto-targeting is switching to close torpedo threats more aggressively battlecruisers have finally become viable. Nice job devs!

There's still a weird issue with dispersion where under certain conditions all of the shells will land in a specific spot about 1 shiplength away from the enemy no matter what the angle, speed or distance is. It seems like shells are calculated as hits or misses when they are fired and not depending on where they land, and this is leading to some weird animations like shells travelling at 45 degree angle away from the turret angle.

• Like 1

I just fought a battle against the British as Germany in 1910
5x Heavy Cruisers Vs 1x Battleship, 3x Heavy Cruisers, 2x Light Cruisers
Lost 2x CA Vs. ALL
Victory Points: 6237 Vs. 8339

How are 2 CAs worth that much more, even though I won the engagement?

Edited by Urst
  • Like 1

I found that the damaged ships sometimes are not shooting! Also in some battles, when enemy are in range from the beginning the guns are not usable! 

Example when 15" gun have range 30 000 km and the battle starts on range 29 000 the 13" 12" 11" shooting, but the 15" are silence! 

Or after ship get a salve of torpids they are will only shooting the enemies behind/in front or in other angel. 

This happens rarely 1 battle of 10, but please keep a look on that. Hard to reproduce/show. 

Transport ships for some reason have very often 100 Longitudinal weight offset. 

I found it before Update: 17 (9/4/2022) 2nd update 

Sadly, i must report, I'm also seeing the new issue reported by other players about guns not firing without a reason.

To9T3Hy.jpg

Crane Tower I and Crane Tower I (Enhanced) seems they are facing the wrong way.

Both have a structure that envelops the funnel it seems, if they were facing the other side.

• Like 1

=============

- Acceleration now has an extra dependency from ship speed, that realistically makes it to increase proportionally. This helps ships from becoming stalled after decelerating to very small speeds.
- Damage model improved so that full penetrations have a much more distinct impact when achieved. This change will balance out the role of AP/HE rounds.

This is a 2nd release candidate to be deployed on Monday. Please report if you find any critical bug.

Can we please please get highlights around detected torpedoes visible from long range.

This is really really essential once torps start to get a longer range. Can't expect players to track 
torps with 20+KM ranges that are been detected far far from the ship they hit, often cos they were
detected by another closer ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Sadly, i must report, I'm also seeing the new issue reported by other players about guns not firing without a reason.

Was that target ship in a formation? I think its only happening when its getting confused trying to fire at a formation instead of an individual ship, but thats just a guess based on when I've seen it happening.

FYI posted in discord, thought you should know unless this patch fixed it, if you hit reverse engines you come to a complete stop, like if your ship just hit a brick wall, and as soon as you unreverse engines your ship resumes moving forward at the speed it previously was, really convient to doge torpedos but not overly accurate

52 minutes ago, Drenzul said:

Was that target ship in a formation? I think its only happening when its getting confused trying to fire at a formation instead of an individual ship, but thats just a guess based on when I've seen it happening.

In this situation yes. But i had another encounter where i was facing only one ship and same thing happened. (it was two ships in a division in the beginning, but at the time of the issue one was already sunk)

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, o Barão said:

In this situation yes. But i had another encounter where i was facing only one ship and same thing happened. (it was two ships in a division in the beginning, but at the time of the issue one was already sunk)

I've seen this too... though in my case it was a DD at point plank range, refusing to fire 5" at a target less then 1k away.. gun is aimed and loaded

Speaking of DDs, mine seem to carry lots of extra lifeboats

Capture.4JPG.JPG

Edited by Admiral Unterhosen
  • Like 1

The issue of not being able to build refits created during fleet creation is still present. I also can't build copies of said refits under new names after the fact. Additionally: German Battleship II doesn't like it when a barbette is placed midships while there are wing guns, even when they're plenty far clear due to the hull being widened.
I was using 9" duel mount guns with hull width at 9.4. It let me place the barbette fine the first time, but when I looked at it a second time the barbet and all the guns and the front tower turned red.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

=============

Bugs (Probably cockroaches) found so far>

1> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\screenshots
Is where the screenshots are getting saved instead of the normal steam folder so the screenshots aren't showing up in steam. This has changed in the last few days. It was like this before in early march, then it moved to the correct folder, now its back on the wrong folder again :) Maybe on beta branch only?

2> Starting money on 'create your own fleet' still at $800 million instead of $2.8 billion as previously which is clearly wrong given enemy fleet sizes.

3> Pitch calculations are WELL out of wack for larger ships. My 61500 ton BBs with 4x2 18" guns and I'm struggling to get below 45% pitch which is a bit silly. (Yeah I know its overweight, was just slapping that one together as a demo)
Nothing particular exceptional about that design, its a well balanced ship. Pitch shouldn't be that bad.
Also at 45% pitch, well when maneuvering the deck is literally flooded, if its pitching that bad, its not sea-worthy.

The tower seems to be a massive factor, adding radar or sonar added quite a lot to the pitch score.

Pitch shouldn't be a factor till ships actually become unbalanced, the current calculation is just not fit for purpose.
Things like total ammo weight all seeming to be applied on the turrets as well need to be fixed.

4> Game start times are back to 10 minutes again

5> Related to pitch.... REALLY need that turret resize with the pitch calculations or everyone is basically forced to use 4x turrets to squeeze them as close to the centre of the ship as possible. Which really squeezes the fun out of designing ships.

6> Shell distribution still worse than 1.4 IMHO. Its really blatant that its just working off the % and guiding the lucky roll shell straight to the enemy ship while everything else misses at the moment. Seems to be massively over-leading faster ships been the main issue. With slower ships it seems much better.

Question: Are you planning on actually going back and revisiting the values on the options in the designer at some point before release? This is kinda a game breaking issue for me as the values are just nonsensical in many cases. 
Radar increasing tower weight.... its a separate component if you add a 40km radar, it weights the same no matter how big the tower you fit it on. 
Same with boilers and hull weight...
Reloaders and hull weight...
And even more so with all the multipliers to engine cost

A lot of these seem to be extremely bad abstractions for when you are trying to calculate how much electric something would use.

Edit: This ship has 45% pitch....
screen_1920x1080_2022-04-10_09-06-30.png

Edited by Drenzul
department of redundancy department