Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta 1.05 Available!<<< (Update: 18, PRE-RELEASE)

Nick Thomadis

4 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I've had the overlays be at various heights, including below the water-line on one and the same ship, so to me it looks like it's random or maybe tied to something not obvious, rather than being fixed for a certain kind of ship.

Id definately say its random I tried doing the same battle (literally the same one from campaign kept exiting to menu and reloading until gave me a hitbox I could hit with torpedoes) and various ships in said battle had there hitbox high low and on the model its wierd

On 4/4/2022 at 12:12 AM, Fangoriously said:

Been getting missions located on the mainland in my 1920 Germany campaign

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

This fleet match making is certainly the insane difficulty at work lol.

Also noticed something odd after i ran out of HE ammo, but still had HE selected at the bottom UI

the tool tip on the side says that it switched back to AP, because thats all the ammo i have left, but visually it fires the HE yellow, especially noticeable compared to the incoming white 15in AP fire.

when i select AP it fires the AP white, when HE is selected it fires HE yellow, regardless of the color. not sure if thats just a visual thing or not

Match maker seems to be a bit off for the AI as well.
TvFKYfI.png

I believe that the matchmaker is actually influenced by taskforce groupings? So, here we've got a one BB taskforce going up against 2 taskforces, and the Kaiser damn well better hope Ernest Evans is commanding his BB, or this is going to be a very one sided affair.
So, to avoid getting caught in a situation like this I'd recommend adopting the Battle-Buddy system, never sending out lone ships, under any circumstances.

I've done a bit more testing in regards to the vertically offset hitboxes:

• I haven't had it happen in custom battles yet. (Needs more testing)
  • It seems unaffected by weather, I've have had it happen around all times of day and weathers. (May need more testing)
  • It is reproducible with varying degrees of offset when repeatedly restarting an already generated campaign mission.
  • It happens to both manual and autogenerated designs.
  • It seems unrelated to old campaign save files. I've deleted my entire AppData/LocalLow/Game Labs folder and created a new campaign, but the bug reappeared.
  • It seems to affect predominantly small hulls for me, TBs, DDs, CLs, TRs. TBs and DDs seem affected most often though. (May vary for others)
  • It can affect ships of the same class in the same battle differently. Some will be fine, some offset to varying degrees up or down.

As for how it manifests:

• The clickable box is offset from the visual model, it also often cannot be selected via click-drag box.
  • When sufficiently offset, the affected ship is immune to torpedoes. Torpedoes fired by the affected ship can hit non-offset ships just fine.
  • Should the offset be enough, the ship cannot ram or be rammed by any ship that isn't similarly offset.
  • All elements tied to the hitbox are offset, such as smoke, visual shellfire directed at the affected ship, and seemingly certain UI elements like structure/float bars, designation, name, and range indicators.
  • Like 1

Also, I moved some ships from Naples to Messina, and their course dotted line thing went west around Sicily - why not just enter the Straights of Messina from the north? (Not that it matters, really, it's still a 1-turn movement, but it looks odd.)

I looked up some navigation information and ended up finding some publicity shots of the current HMS Queen Elizabeth transiting the straits, so it's not like it's too narrow/shallow/dangerous for large warships?

Edited by Dave P.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave P. said:

Also, I moved some ships from Naples to Messina, and their course dotted line thing went west around Sicily - why not just enter the Straights of Messina from the north? (Not that it matters, really, it's still a 1-turn movement, but it looks odd.)

I looked up some navigation information and ended up finding some publicity shots of the current HMS Queen Elizabeth transiting the straits, so it's not like it's too narrow/shallow/dangerous for large warships?

How do you know she's not using the lift fans of her F-35Bs to decrease her draft for traversal??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave P. said:

I've seen other people mention this, but the beta still was doing this ~20 hours ago and I thought the screenshot captured it well.

(Please note the merchant ships sinking up.)

20220405000537_1.jpg

Bet bleed over from the Submarine and Aircraft development is the cause of the Flying Ships.

Have another confirmed case of damaged ships taking part in a new battle, the next turn.

Have a task force of 1 BC, 2 CA, 1 CL and 3 DD, leftovers from a battle with the French the turn (month) before, taking part in a new battle with the English (1 BB, 5 CL and 1DD) the month later. The task force was ordered to return to Wilhelmshaven at the end of last month's turn, and 1 BC and 1 CL are in fact undergoing repair at Wilhelmshaven this month.  What happened?

Funny that all flooding was repaired, speed was restored, and the ammo & torpedoes were replenished; but the structural damage (Green, Yellow and Red compartments) were not repaired. I would consider this a serious bug.

Did not notice the damaged ships at the start of the new battle this month, until I checked upon the damage caused by a 13 inch strike on the CA in the new game.

Screen shot of the CA provided below:

252849238_StartofbattelwithBritishwithdamagedships.thumb.png.fbe3799317255b05b5ae9eb92e60c1c1.png

Update: 14 (6/4/2022) Available

- Fixed collision problems in battles of campaign (Torpedoes, ramming, hitbox offsets etc.). There is a known issue still, which can cause offset of shell splashes in campaign only. We will investigate and fix that too. 
- Fixed Torpedo warnings that could not appear in battles where allies participated. If warnings still can not appear, it may be due to an UI offset bug, that we must know if it happens to fix it.
- Fixed formation stalling due to division leader slow speed.
- Fixed remaining opposite VP bug in campaign.
- Improvements in fleet generation. Starting a new campaign will now require much less waiting time. More improvements will follow to create more designs.
- Improved Targeting & Aiming. You will notice a very sharp auto-target switch to nearby targets and an overall more effective aiming of guns.
- Various auto-design optimizations, making AI ships focusing on survivability as needed.
- Other minor fixes/improvements.

This version is not final as we need to offer a few more bug fixes and fleet generation optimizations. Please start a new campaign and create new designs, as the previous will have bugs when you load the new version. We did not reset saves so that you can do this manually according to your needs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update: 14 (6/4/2022) Available

- Fixed collision problems in battles of campaign (Torpedoes, ramming, hitbox offsets etc.). There is a known issue still, which can cause offset of shell splashes in campaign only. We will investigate and fix that too. 
- Fixed Torpedo warnings that could not appear in battles where allies participated. If warnings still can not appear, it may be due to an UI offset bug, that we must know if it happens to fix it.
- Fixed formation stalling due to division leader slow speed.
- Fixed remaining opposite VP bug in campaign.
- Improvements in fleet generation. Starting a new campaign will now require much less waiting time. More improvements will follow to create more designs.
- Improved Targeting & Aiming. You will notice a very sharp auto-target switch to nearby targets and an overall more effective aiming of guns.
- Various auto-design optimizations, making AI ships focusing on survivability as needed.
- Other minor fixes/improvements.

This version is not final as we need to offer a few more bug fixes and fleet generation optimizations. Please start a new campaign and create new designs, as the previous will have bugs when you load the new version. We did not reset saves so that you can do this manually according to your needs.

to "reset" my save game, i only need to start new campaign?

nice job :)

regards!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Some issues:

A regular AI BB formation sailing. The leading ship sailing in a straight line and the others "zig zag" behind.

NtkO8zM.jpg

PZgj6hu.jpg

Dual funnel component placement.

jWxo4op.jpg

y73X9Qb.jpg

Fire in strange locations.

Kb3t032.jpg

Please quit your previous saves, they can cause issues like that. Offset and broken designs.

• Like 2

pre patch, it started taking up to 9 or 10 minutes of loading screen to start of campaign, it only took 1 minute after the new patch. 👍

Well that was for a 1890, could have sworn I chose 1930, anyway the 1930 took between 7 or 8 minutes to create, still an improvement.

Edited by Fangoriously

16 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Please quit your previous saves, they can cause issues like that. Offset and broken designs.

This was in a custom battle with the recent update. Those issues with the funnels where from AI ships designs and my only ship class in battle was also a new one. Should i delete the files inside this folder to avoid any issues?

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

52 minutes ago, o Barão said:

This was in a custom battle with the recent update. Those issues with the funnels where from AI ships designs and my only ship class in battle was also a new one. Should i delete the files inside this folder to avoid any issues?

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts

It is good to delete also custom battle saves, unfortunately, yes.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.  German campaign 1940 Legendary Build own Random

The Allies have massive forces (Good want that.  Makes the game longer) but I get very little cash at the start of the campaign to build anything.  Even trying to keep my battleships below 100 million I can only build 8 ships.

image.thumb.png.2f13d5fd9e648720c8c9a12b06bdad5e.png

15 minutes ago, jtjohn1 said:

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.  German campaign 1940 Legendary Build own Random

The Allies have massive forces (Good want that.  Makes the game longer) but I get very little cash at the start of the campaign to build anything.  Even trying to keep my battleships below 100 million I can only build 8 ships.

Yeah, pretty sure that's intentional

12 minutes ago, slightlytreasonous said:

If it is then it's the first time this has happened.  Usually you have less than the allies (Around 2-2.5 billion to build your first fleet) but not ~800 million

noticed the fund issue as well. Designed a slick 1930 ~80mil UK battle cruisers, went to see how many many I could hypothetically build, a whole 10 of them and nothing else would max me out. looking at the enemy fleets they must have had 4 to 5 times as much starting cash. Is this the insane difficulty at work? i'll check starting money on lesser difficulties later.

14 minutes ago, Fangoriously said:

noticed the fund issue as well. Designed a slick 1930 ~80mil UK battle cruisers, went to see how many many I could hypothetically build, a whole 10 of them and nothing else would max me out. looking at the enemy fleets they must have had 4 to 5 times as much starting cash. Is this the insane difficulty at work? i'll check starting money on lesser difficulties later.

Same issue on 'Hard' only 800 million starting cash. 

Looks like the 'build your own fleet' cash is not getting allocated.

Enemy fleets still turning up for battle half dead. 

Pretty sure its a ship design issue as on checking, its always all the ships of the same designs that are  damaged. If one is damaged at the start of the battle, all the ships of that design are damaged. I think the AI is still building invalid ships which the battle engine breaks.

This was turn 3 and no combats previously with anyone so zero chance it was previous battle damage.

I actually backed it off to the Hard difficulty and got the same thing.  Like a good sized enemy fleet.  Don't like trying to fight it with 6 ships (As soon as one or two ships get damaged and go into dock then I get blockaded)

2 hours ago, slightlytreasonous said:

If it is then it's the first time this has happened.  Usually you have less than the allies (Around 2-2.5 billion to build your first fleet) but not ~800 million