Game-Labs Forum

List of ships and other vessels in the game

Brigand

i think they should either limit the armament to what they would/should carry.

Or (and probably better)

Give harsh Penelties for Over arming ships.

First give ppl a warning (or a note) when they have heavier weapons then reccomended on a ship (18lb cannons on the Belle instead of the 12lb cannons lets say)

and then give them handeling penalties for using to heavy armament (making them slower more sluggish top heavy turn worse etc)

So while u can use to heavy armament its not optimal.

Instead of it being the only choice if u dont want to be outclassed.

And also they need to give Carronades lower rankings =/.

Carronades are much lighter and needs a far smaller crew then Long guns.

For example a 32Lb Carronade needs a smaller crew then an 8lb long gun.

Wich is the reason why alot of smaller ships (Frigates brigs etc)

Used Carronades to a large degree.

For example a ship like the Suprise (Unité)

Could have 9lb (8lb) long guns or 32lb Carronades on the gun deck with 4lb long guns or 18lb carronades on the QD

Giving it several times the broadside weight (at the cost of range and accuracy)

While in this game the Suprise can not use the 32lb Carronades it could use but instead gets the 12lb Long guns that it could not use.

So if they feel Carronades are OP then maby balance them by reducing the effective range or accuracy.

But dont Remove them and add "unhistorical" armaments instead.

This sheet is purely to give an overview of the ships we have and will get ingame.

Flooding it with info that is constantly changing due to constant development will overcomplicate the whole thing.

There is a user made exel sheet with some good ships with their info about upgrades, price, module slots etc. in the interwebs.

But since its a very tedious work its not open for the public. Its society driven and some good guys can see it, too.

About the needed rank there is already that info in the guide section.

rank and crew. There are the ships listed with their max crew.

Cause theoretically you can sail any ship with any rank

aww man you left out my flagship again the xeebec corsair,mastercraft hevy frigate,,500 crew and marines boarding power,,un heard of upwind close hual speed.and the most cool and exotic looking ship in the game,,people like cool..

• 4 weeks later...

Well i think now we need some danish, swedish and dutch ships in game. Vote for them!

One of the problems are that those mentioned factions didn't really have any big ships after the year 1700 except for a few danish and dutch exceptions so if they implement ships special too those factions they would probabaly be Frigates unless they decide to add some of the few exeptions I mentioned for the Danish and Dutch. The Swedish did not really have any big ships with most their navy being corvettes so it would be hard to find a big ship for Sweden and implement it. However it would be nice to have any type of special ships for those factions either way ;)

Edited by GoldenEagleLeader

One of the problems are that those mentioned factions didn't really have any big ships after the year 1700 except for a few danish and dutch exceptions so if they implement ships special too those factions they would probabaly be Frigates unless they decide to add some of the few exeptions I mentioned for the Danish and Dutch. The Swedish did not really have any big ships with most their navy being corvettes so it would be hard to find a big ship for Sweden and implement it. However it would be nice to have any type of special ships for those factions either way

You´re kidding, right?

Denmark built 93 ships of the line between 1700 and 1820 (including 5 1st rates), Sweden 68.

Shouldn´t be hard to find a 'special' big ship for these factions...

• Like 2

You´re kidding, right?

Denmark built 93 ships of the line between 1700 and 1820 (including 5 1st rates), Sweden 68.

Shouldn´t be hard to find a 'special' big ship for these factions...

I do understand the Dutch and Danish did have those exceptions with some big ships like those 5 1st rates you mentioned hence why I said the few exceptions. As for Sweden even though they had ships of the line most were quite small compared to other ships of the line with most being 40-60 gun ships

Maybe I misunterstood your definition of 'big ships'. For me, it´s everything above a 5th/ small 4th rate, starting with 60 gun SoLs, maybe. And Denmark had a lot of those, as did Sweden, although to a lesser extent (including 8 ships with an guncount above 80)

Arvenski, true, very true.

74th was the most built class ship as they resulted in an almost perfect balance between price, velocity, maneurability and fire power.

I'd like to see the Spanish HCMS Montañes in the game. She was the fastest 74 gunner of her time and a very nice ship.

From a historical point of view, the presence of russian, swedish ... etc ships at the Caribean sea during the XVIII century was negligible, while the Spanish one was massive.

I think the best choice for a future 74 gunner in the game, must be a Spanish one. Its unreal to have only the Santisima Trinidad that was not a representative of the Spanish fleets, mainly composed of 74gunners and frigates used for granting the Trans Atlantic and Pacific trading routes a lot more than in naval battles.

Edited by IonAguirre
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

·      Unarmed and armed traders: (2 new ships planned, 2 possible)

·      Unrated 8-16 guns: Lynx, Cutter, Pickle, Yacht, Privateer

·      6th rates 16-26 guns: Brig, Navy Brig, Snow, Mercury, Cerberus (3 new ships planned)

·      5th rates 26-50 guns: Renomee, Surprise, Frigate and Variants, Belle Poule, Trincomalee (3 new ships planned)

·      4th rates 50-64 guns: Constitution (2 new ships planned)

·      3rd rates 64-80 guns: 74, Bellona (2 new ships planned)

·      2nd rates 80-100 guns: St. Paul (3 new ships planned)

·      1st rates 100-140 guns: Victory, Santisima (1 new ship planned)

Just gonna leave this here. 

By comparing this to the OP, I'm guessing that the "new ships planned" are:

Unarmed and armed traders: Amsterdam (unless they listed her in the 26-50 gun category, in which case, we have an unknown ship here), Gros Ventre. Plus, there are the two "possible" new ships, too. 

6th rates 16-26 guns: Xebec, Niagara, Rattlesnake.

5th rates 26-50 guns: Essex, Indefatigable, (maybe Amsterdam, if they listed her in this category. If the third ship isn't Amsterdam, then we have an unknown ship here). 

4th rates 50-64 guns: Ingermanland, unknown ship.

3rd rates 64-80 guns: Unknown ship, unknown ship.

2nd rates 80-100 guns: Bucentaure, unknown ship, unknown ship. (Bucentaure might be listed as a 3rd rate, but since St. Paul's listed as a 2nd rate, I figured it was safe to assume Bucentaure's is one of the "new ships planned" in Admin's 2nd rate category.)

1st rates 100-140 guns: Le Commerce de Marseille.  

All told, that leaves us with 6 unknown ships in development, plus the two possible new ships. 

---------------

EDIT 10/2/15: Admin has confirmed that this image is of Gros Ventre, meaning that therefore she is in development. Brigand, when you read this, would you be so kind as to add Gros Ventre to the OP now? 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The clue of this post is to show where the current gaps in the line-ups are and which ships we suggest to fill those gaps.

If you have paid attention to the current ships in the game, there is a distinct set of ship catagories.
12-22/24-28-32-38/44-50-64-74-80-90-100 , which are 11 'classes' of ships.

Whereas the gun calibar matches roughly:
12-6 pounder, 22/24-6pounder, 28-9pounder, 32-12pounder, 38/44-18pounder, 50-24pounder, 65,-24pounder, 74-32pounder, 80-32pounder, 90-(32/42)pounder), 100-42pounder.
Offcourse there will be small deviations to this classification, yet this is the grunt of it.
In the overview below is a summerary of all ship in the game, which nation they belong to and how they compare to ships of other nations+ suggested ships.

FqFnBF5.png

Note:
The brig and navybrig are not in this line-up since they are considered general ships.

With that in mind, here is the proposed line-up for the dutch faction.

12: Pegasus 1799            6-pounders
22: Schipio 1787            9-pounders
28: Unknown 1800            6-pounders, 9-pounders
36: Minerva 1790            9-pounders, 12 pounders
44: Beschermer 1735            12-pounders, 18-pounders
52: Broekenroode 1733            12-pounders, 18-pounders, 24-pounders
58: Dortrecht 1739            12-pounders, 18-pounders, 24-pounders
78: Maas 1728                12-pounders, 18-pounders, 36-pounders
80: Zeven Provincien 1665         12-pounders, 18-pounders, 36-pounders
90: Admiraal de Ruyter 1808        12-pounders, 18-pounders, 36-pounders

Note:
In this line-up there is no 100-gunner. The dutch had 1 ship that exceeded the 100 gun counter, which is the Eendracht 1703. Unfortunaly, het plans do not exist.
Also, the dutch didn't carry 32 pounders, they carried 36 pounder canons. Which, in some way, makes up for the lack of 24-32 pounder gun combination.
Gun set-up for the 'zeven provincien' was be changed slightly, in order for it to fit in the line-up. If needed, she can always be switched.

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 4

Great Work. I see you are a great lobbyist from the dutch cause (Me too, I'm all for dutch ships in NA  :) as... from other nations too). You're also a great naval expert. However, I don't really get the idea of a specific line-up for a given faction. Is it in devs' vision ? Really not sure. Do you have information ?

Right now, I'd rather have all of us thinking of how best filling gaps in the current only one line-up we have in game with ships from any nations.

I like the idea of being able to sail ships from any nations. I wouldn't be a great fan of being restricted in one nation ships.

But it's only my opinion. 

Great work. I can't really comment it... :)

Edited by LeBoiteux

i work with him otgether on this one and i started with him on the dutch line up because why not after all we have an entire British lineup with 3 ships missing to finish the nation off. and historical speaking the US lineup is decent too. and the more ships the better. we basicly looked for ships that are similar in armament and performance to the ships we have ingame right now

and all the dutch ships have their plans posted by steel :P

• Like 3

The french Venus is the 18-pounder frigate of 1782 by Sané, I suppose? If so, great :)

Would have preferred La Cornelie or Virginie as they are more 'modern' (and truly representative of a Sané frigate of the Revolutionary/Napoleonic Wars), but any proper french 18-pounder vessel will do.

Very nice list, by the way :)

Edit: if some ships are going to get their actual historical armarment at some point, then Britain doesn´t have a 12-pounder frigate. An Alarm/Niger-class vessel would be nice, then. And the spanish Diana carried 18-pounders (as Trinc and Essex), so she should be a level 5 ship, in my opinion :)

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 1

Suggestions are always welcome, each submission will be considered and potentially included. ;)

What about a 24-gun (6 lb ?) like this one :

Windhond

Dutch  corvet / small frigate

24 guns, 1736

m9KvE5p.png

Link:

http://i.imgur.com/m9KvE5p.png

Source:

NL-HaNA, Marine Bouwtekeningen Schepen, 4.MST, inv.nr. 173

because we could have several 24-guns in game from several nations (might be a interesting factor of choice), such as :

Tranqvebar

24-gun danish corvet

1761, 20*6-pounders + 4*3-pounders 

based on the french light frigate La Panthère

Tranquebar.jpg

a1225c.jpg

La Babet

French

24 - 26 guns, 1793

Babet 1794.jpg

Edited by LeBoiteux

With a 24-pounder frigate like La Forte (1794), the french non-SoL line-up would be pretty much perfect.

La Forte had a very interesting history as a raiding ship in the indien ocean, including a fight vs two british 74s alongside five smaller frigates.

A more detailed account of the action can be found here: https://books.google.de/books?id=fkq8S57SG_0C&printsec=frontcover&hl=de&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q=Forte&f=false

(starting page 500)

Plan:

This is a model of Forte´s sister-ship L'Egyptienne (1799), Forte would have looked like very similiar.

Edited by Malachi
  • Like 4