Game-Labs Forum

List of ships and other vessels in the game

Brigand

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the Ontario listed in the OP and greyed out (meaning not released yet), when the Snow (which is basically the Ontario afaik) is also listed in the OP and is also in-game already? Also, isn't the "Pirate Frigate" in-game? Also, if you're listing variants, there's the unnamed "74/3rd Rate" that's in the game right now. 

• Like 1

Why is the Ontario listed in the OP and greyed out (meaning not released yet), when the Snow (which is basically the Ontario afaik) is also listed in the OP and is also in-game already? Also, isn't the "Pirate Frigate" in-game? Also, if you're listing variants, there's the unnamed "74/3rd Rate" that's in the game right now.

Thanks for the comments! I've clearly been away too long.

I was under the impression that, our current snow is loosely based upon the HMS Ontario, while there are plans to include a more faithful representation of the HMS Ontario in the future. I'm however not sure about this.

The "Pirate Frigate" is simply in the wrong category, I'll move it. Do you know if it is simply a variant of the Cherubim?

What is the 74 / 3rd rate you speak about of which ship is it a varaint?

~Brigand

I guess I don't remember reading any specifics about the "real" HMS Ontario being introduced into the game, but I'll take your word for it. The Pirate Frigate, as far as I know, is a just a variant of the regular frigate. I don't know how different its stats are. The "generic" 74/3rd Rate uses one of the Bellona's old models/textures (without the Bellona's ornate stern), but might have a different armament range. I'm sure there are other forum members who know more. 

Also, there's this ship: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7165-what-is-the-ship-on-this-screen/ Gros Ventre, a light merchant ship.

Edited by Arvenski

Hi Brigand, any chance of getting that excell sheet for download.

I was thinking of making a youtube series with discussing ships, so id like to add few more info into it before i start commenting.

Will give full credits of course as to source of the info. Let me know if it would be OK

Shouldn't the 'Brig' and 'Navy Brig' be listed as real under the US ship called 'Fair American'? http://www.modelshipmaster.com/products/tall_ships/Brig%20Fair%20American%20model.htm

I'm aware of the similarities, but so far, it has not been confirmed if the devs used those plans or if they just looked at several model ships or their plans and came up with their own design. If they had build the brig to truly resemble the Fair American, they would have surely named her as such. Somaybe she was loosely inspired on by the Fair American, but we simply don't know. Keep in mind that there were a lot of brigs sailing these days; it was quite a popular rig. So she could just as easily represent some other brig.

The Fair American is a nice model though.

~Brigand

That reminds me, isn't this bit of that wiki page basically speculation?

Not confirmed however likely to come in:

Swan class

Diana

Agamemnon

Panteleimon-Victoria

Because I thought the role of a wiki was to provide fact.

Edited by Arvenski

That reminds me, isn't this bit of that wiki page basically speculation?

Because I thought the role of a wiki was to provide fact.

Well, I can request to get that fixed it if it that bothersome, but there are also quite a few ships in the game files that no one has even discussed about yet.  You can see them yourself if you go to Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Naval Action -> Database -> DesignModel -> Ships

I'll make a list of some of the new ones: Agamemnon, Bucentaure, GrosVentre, Hermione, Kepler, Ocean, Rattlesnake.

My real question is what is the Kepler?  

treasure_planet_sailing..jpg

Because, when I briefly Google searched it, this is what I got.  SHIPS IN SPAAAAACE!!!!

Edited by CommodoreWesley

Darn, it didn't occur to me to think of datamining as a source of some of this kind of info. Okay, cool. :)

As for Kepler, that was the one name that was familiar to me. It was listed here (whether as a tease or by mistake, I don't know): http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7706-naval-action-ship-sizes-and-dimensions/

Note the "Project von Kepler" entry. I dunno, maybe someone can take a guess at what she is based on her dimensions. I'm not an expert on this sort of thing, but she looks to be about as big as a Bellona, though not as tall from keel to top deck. Could she be a razee?

Edited by Arvenski

some of these ships are playermodeled but not yet aproved or moved to the game.

some are playervoted ones some dev wildcards and some ships we are not allowed to tell you anything about them yet

You mean these ships, from the wiki?

Not confirmed however likely to come in:

Swan class

Diana

Agamemnon

Panteleimon-Victoria

Kepler

Well, I can request to get that fixed it if it that bothersome, but there are also quite a few ships in the game files that no one has even discussed about yet.  You can see them yourself if you go to Program Files -> Steam -> steamapps -> common -> Naval Action -> Database -> DesignModel -> Ships

I'll make a list of some of the new ones: Agamemnon, Bucentaure, GrosVentre, Hermione, Kepler, Ocean, Rattlesnake.

My real question is what is the Kepler?  

treasure_planet_sailing..jpg

Because, when I briefly Google searched it, this is what I got.  SHIPS IN SPAAAAACE!!!!

Log file show Armor thickness of the Santissima "10" when the victory have "450" :P just in case :P

• 2 weeks later...