Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Patch: The Missing Links Part 1

admin

Looks promising, but How about you fix sail transparency on all boats and add proper camera adjustment modes. Your camera has been sitting inside sails for years now blocking the view. Maybe its time to move camera back more? It would be great with new battle sails. 

Edited by Audacious

20 hours ago, Jan van Santen said:

d/l 145.01 MB testbed patch....

But not playable , yet

.../...

Or is this the last issue of testbed stillaround on servers ?? "Important message" looks like it...

A3BC0FE43FEFC9746D1092DCCE8A35CAB10989AA

Isn't this the message given on previous testbed, one year ago?

Normally, will will be warned by @admin when the next TestBed will be ON.

Edited by Aquillas

On 8/10/2020 at 5:05 AM, Sea Archer said:

It would be great, if we could choose the single sails to set... though maybe a bit too complex for this game. 

If you loose your fore topsail in battle, set another sail on that mast to balance the the forces on the ship, else it will be difficult to sail.

Or I would like to see a lost mast hanging over the side of a ship, until all lines were cut away, acting as a big sea anchor.... 

Sounds like the next game - "Sea Legends"  I hope those features will be in it!

2 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Garneray, colonization, Colombia It's for Colón, not Columbus or Corombo. We say George Washington not Jorge Washington, we say Jimmy Carter not Jaimito Carter. Also he signed as Cristóbal  Colón. Thanks.

You tell him, Cento!

4 hours ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Garneray, colonization, Colombia It's for Colón, not Columbus or Corombo. We say George Washington not Jorge Washington, we say Jimmy Carter not Jaimito Carter. Also he signed as Cristóbal  Colón. Thanks.

If it was that simple we wouldn't have this conversation...  He wasn't born Spanish... Anyway one of his most know signature was a mix of Greek and Latin:

http://www.christopher-columbus.eu/signature.htm

On 8/8/2020 at 11:13 AM, Aquillas said:

What I really like in this game is the constant change in sailing/fighting habits. Like for IRL captains:

• They were used to Mediterranean condition, then came f... Christopher Columbus.
  • The were making money off west coast of South America, then came Drake.
  • They were used to galley fight, then came the galleon.
  • They were used to long guns, WTF this Mr Caron!
  • I can't tell what I really think of this James Watt. Lord, send him to the London Tower!

Same in Naval Action. I've to write again the guide. So cool! :):):)

On 8/11/2020 at 12:11 AM, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Cristóbal Colón. Thanks. 

What I utmost like in this forum, is the way people can try and change all messages (including jokes with a positive background), in a nationalist quest... A matter of poorly placed "honor", I guess.

By the way, how should Sir Francis Drake be called? El Drago?

• Like 3

On 8/9/2020 at 2:27 AM, Captain2Strong said:

There are some spaces between sails of a ship (like the red markings show on the picture of this posting), which the wind can flow through
I think that perhaps you could also have this one in mind for your considering. Thank You.

sails.thumb.jpg.92ba981dd22ae3ef5d436b3ee66244a7.jpg

These gaps are visible but are still not passable directly by air without getting deflected. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, van Veen said:

These gaps are visible but are still not passable directly by air without getting deflected. 

Correct. In truth there are no gaps. It will be trapped by the sail aft or the fore one. Is a 3D environment, not a 2D picture.
Imagine the camera being the wind position relative to ship. There are no gaps to make it flow through. It gets trapped.

Top: Ship under sail (© Boudriot, 1983). Bottom: Exploded view of the 3D model, and final rendering  

Devs: Onwards to variable universal wind ( not tied to ship as being always the best for the vessel ) !!! You can do it.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2020 at 9:04 PM, Audacious said:

If you sail in a frigate by the leeward side of the first rate you will completely stop - how close you have to be to get messed up that bad?

You dont have to be that close to get messed up that bad, even at 100m it will feel like the wind just went to 0 😛
Its not just the sails that block the wind, its also the massive hull of the 1st rate. 
You just have to get used to avoiding the leeward of a boat at all times 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry Long Castle said:

You dont have to be that close to get messed up that bad, even at 100m it will feel like the wind just went to 0 😛
Its not just the sails that block the wind, its also the massive hull of the 1st rate. 
You just have to get used to avoiding the leeward of a boat at all times 

LOL the carebears who developed bad habits during their hours of NPC grinding are going to be wondering why their ships keep stopping and they keep being boarded hahaha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gringo69rus said:

что за патч? тестовый сервер=пвп сервер?

@админ

Телепорт на ПБ добавили на ПвП сервер. Стоит всего 25к дублонов. 

Так что будем тестировать... 

Devs- I like the idea of the wind shadow, it will add another layer of realism to the sailing experience-- but- please don't over do it.  With changes in gameplay in the past you have a tendency to turn it up to 11 then back it off later. Maybe this time you take it easy so the change isn't that drastic?  It will be a big change after playing without it for so long.  But thankyou for continuing to evolve the game- cheers.

• Like 6

On 8/11/2020 at 9:08 AM, Aquillas said:

Isn't this the message given on previous testbed, one year ago?

Normally, will will be warned by @admin when the next TestBed will be ON.

it was from the last testbed when they redid the damage model

18 hours ago, Aquillas said:

What I utmost like in this forum, is the way people can try and change all messages (including jokes with a positive background), in a nationalist quest... A matter of poorly placed "honor", I guess.

By the way, how should Sir Francis Drake be called? El Drago?

Well, you see, this is not a nationalist question.  It is simply that I do not share why it has to be Christopher Columbus instead of Cristóbal Colón, which is how he signed. It is not to argue.

I'm not going to tell you what we Spaniards usually call Sir Francis Drake, I suppose you have an idea.😛

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

If it was that simple we wouldn't have this conversation...  He wasn't born Spanish... Anyway one of his most know signature was a mix of Greek and Latin:

There are compelling reasons to seriously think that he was not born in Genoa.

Columbus affirmed it in his will and in the archives of the state of Genoa there are 188 documents that are supposed to prove this point. Against this option is that Columbus did not know how to write in Italian or Latin, observing that almost all the writings that are preserved of him are made in Castellano with certain Portuguese and Catalán twists. In addition, it is also alleged that knowing the nautical knowledge he had, it is very unlikely that he was the son of a weaver family, everything indicates that he would rather have belonged to a family with a long tradition and a seafaring vocation. Even he comes to confess that he is not the First Admiral of his family, but that there were several more previous ones. This theory affirms that Columbus was born in 1451 so in 1492 he would be 41 years old, something that does not agree with the physical descriptions of witnesses that place him in his 50s, with very gray hair and very adult features at the time of the Discovery of America. Another aspect that does not favor the Genoese theory much is the fact that his family, without being poor, were nothing more than petty bourgeois, which would make his marriage in 1479 with Felipa Perestrelo Moniz, a Portuguese aristocrat, practically impossible, something unthinkable in the time when a commoner of low birth would marry a noblewoman.

Taking into account that Columbus evidently misrepresented and manipulated to hide something, the documents where he is said to be Genoese should not be considered good. Something  wanted to avoid in this way and that is why it is obviously false. In addition to the proven facts that he wrote to Italians in castellano and when he tried to do so in Italian, it was found that he did not know it well.

Saludos.

• Like 1