Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I am thankful for the free ship, yes. But that's me.

You realise it was a free ship beforehand too right, only it came with proper port bonuses.

"Hey Archer, I passed my tutorial mission!"

"Cool, I'll get Jack to click you off a couple of trincs, run them without the carro's 'til you level up again, then when you have more crew stick the carro's on. He'll meet you in SDC..."

"How much will that be?"

"Free, it's a Trinc. I'll get you a spare too in case you get ganked."

Or did you never join a clan? πŸ€”

Β 

Now let's not get ahead of ourselves and pretend it's gonna get used past levelling since it's just redoubtable victory spam now.

Edited by Christian Archer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

r2cAbU6.png

Β 

• Port battle transport item is already in game but do not drop or cannot be bought.

Β 

@admin Why you insist to introduce this magical transport stuff in a game promoted as being simulator is beyond my understanding... :(

Β 

We got rid of those stuff years in the past already for very good reasons and there wereΒ much better ways already presented in numerous posts to cancel out your worries about griefing in screening !

A magical teleport item is the worsest implementation thinkable though

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 6

Thanks Devs for all this amount of improvements to the game.

All ofΒ  them looks promising,Β  for sure this will bring back old veteran players to the game, and hopefully new players to enjoy this great game.

Will come back with feedback about the different topics once we get some experience on it.

• Like 1

I love how many people were fine with the price of the game when they got it, but when they got told "Hey we're giving you this free thing", and they now don't like that free thing, they're all complaining that they're not getting their monies worth. They never complained when the game went on steam sale 100's of times.

I personally don't agree on giving everyone the Trinc, mainly because it is the LAST non-permit, non-doubloon combat ship that crafters could make (last as in the highest tier ship not requiring either of those 2 resources). Whilst the Pandora was nice, it was by no means a top-tier ship. I would've rather seen a nothing specialΒ 4th rate (for example,Β Wapen or even one of the earlier Wapens [There were 3 different ships of the same name after all for the same purpose]) that you never see sold in shops over the single most crafted ship that always fills stores everywhere. But just my opinion...

Edited by Isaac J Smith
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

One more question: wouldn't it be fair to let us reset port points, too ? With the previous limit many spent the leftover port points on stuff they might want to redo with added port point...

Just destroy the old port investment and the points should get usable again?

1 hour ago, admin said:

• Exit timers: Important!
    • 1 hit timer had to go. It created 1 hour chases wasting player’s time. It also allowed holding players in battles forever. This generated lots of hate, confusion and time wasting, including neverending griefing tribunals.
    • Player now has to deliver % damage to a player to stop escaping.
    • Battle timer increased to 5 mins (but can be increased further during experimentation phrase)
    • Exit timer is up to 3 mins (from 2 mins)

"Player now has to deliver % damage to a player to stop escaping."

What is the percentage?Β  Is that applied only to structure of a ship?Β 
Does it also apply to sail?Β  Otherwise people will just use repair stacks for hull and exit after three minutes.Β 

Β 

14 minutes ago, Isaac J Smith said:

I love how many people were fine with the price of the game when they got it, but when they got told "Hey we're giving you this free thing", and they now don't like that free thing, they're all complaining that they're not getting their monies worth. They never complained when the game went on steam sale 100's of times.

I personally don't agree on giving everyone the Trinc, mainly because it is the LAST non-permit, non-doubloon combat ship that crafters could make (last as in the highest tier ship not requiring either of those 2 resources). Whilst the Pandora was nice, it was by no means a top-tier ship. I would've rather seen a nothing specialΒ 4th rate (for example,Β Wapen or even one of the earlier Wapens [There were 3 different ships of the same name after all for the same purpose]) that you never see sold in shops over the single most crafted ship that always fills stores everywhere. But just my opinion...

Crafters would still make a Trinc as crafted ships are in demand. Trinc is not removed from the game. You can still craft it. But we KNOW there are people who despise the crafter/gatherer gameplay and will just redeem the ship and jump into action.Β 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Los artesanos aΓΊn harΓ­an un Trinc ya que los barcos artesanales tienen demanda. Trinc no se elimina del juego. TodavΓ­a puedes crearlo. Pero SABEMOS que hay personas que desprecian el juego del artesano / recolector y simplemente canjearΓ‘n la nave y entrarΓ‘n en acciΓ³n.Β 

Please only ask that you take into account the incorporation of another Spanish ship in the future.

Β 

2 minutes ago, Christian Archer said:

@admin Thank you for deleting the most liked/thanked post in the entire thread by quite a margin. I hope in doing so you read it and perhaps took some of its content on board.

There is an old french maritime saying.. The wind is blowing the warship is going. Your complain is known but we are doing what majority of users want. Not what you want.
Your post was removed for insinuations not related to the patch. Perhaps once you make your own forum and build your communityΒ you can set your rules on which posts stay and which posts are removed. Thanks

Not only that.. the post was also reported a lot of times as offensiveΒ (by the happyΒ silent majority) and was removed as offensive.Β 
7yQjSlT.jpg

Also please add some more dutch ships that we can craft.

We see barely any ruyters on the sea cause they are viewed as a collectible item. and i rather craft it with a permit and use it in battle. I think most of the people in the community also wouldΒ like it as a craftable ship. Perhaps we can run a vote on it. that we wanna have the ruyter as a craftable ship.

thanks in advance

Edited by SparkyTheParasite
  • Like 4

@adminΒ has a price been set for the Victory?? I mean normally i wouldnt worry too much but since the redoutable costs more than the base game and is 1 of many ships available in Naval action the pricing is a cause for concern, can you disclose a rough guide price to the latest DLC and how that is deemed reasonable?

Also please can you elaborate further on investment points i mean are all ports going to be able to boost an additional total of 25 points (eg a 55 point port can become an 80 point port and a 40 point port can become a 65 point port or?? are points capped at 55?.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Sounds good except the port points upgrading. So first before release you cut the port points to make them matter and each port could specialize on something and now you go back and all ships will have the same port bonus ? Sounds boring to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:
  • Every current owner of the game will receive a special free imported ship redeemable every 24 hours (my favorite ship)
  • Price for the game will be lowered (new package created by Valve)
  • New package will not contain this ship (after price drop it wont be available)
  • The ship will redeemable every 24 hours like all Imported ships but will have special conditions.This ship will not be imported. It can be captured, sold, gifted, taken over.
  • The ship is HMS Trincomalee

I know that move, when someone has a birthday that I dont like, I gift him the stuff I already have but didnt like.

• Like 7

1.5 mil for money lockers?? dam i have silly amount of hours in this game but 50 wooden chests, 15 mil and 30 vic marks for 1 point (not to mention it will be even more expensive as you go higher)... whilst you rebalance the new woods. please rebalance your economy...

• Like 1