Game-Labs Forum

Trading is fixed? **Unpopular Opinion**

I've been monitoring trading in the game since the patch that re-bumped it and now has the entire server trading away. My question is, is trading fixed now?

I'm sure some people are now very happy with it because they are easily making millions that they could not make before. But have people thought about where this leads if everyone is easily making millions? Last week you could buy a L'Ocean, crafted, 3/5 for 2 millions reales. Yes, making money was harder but you could buy more with less. Doubloons have already doubled in price in the space of 1 week. 

Some of us worked our butts off to make some millions which are now losing value by the day. Everyone is richer and also poorer as a result. I agree that 1 very risky trading trip should net you enough money to be set for a week of playing. But it should not be something that is unlimited, there needs to be a cap in the amount of money you can get from trading for 'x' amount of time. Otherwise the inflation is going to be out of control in a very short time. 

I can make millions for a trading route that takes me 20-30 minutes and repeat it everyday. Feels good in the short term to many who couldn't make any reales before, in the long term it will just ruin the economy further more. 

I would suggest to add a limit to trading. In previous versions of the system we at least had to wait for ports to consume the goods to be able to sell more. Ideally I would suggest to make trading work with missions and only allow a max of a few of those missions per week. 

• Like 2

I feel like i spent tens of hours of trading for nothing, if i can do the same profit x5 faster now. Dont know if this "trade buff" will change anything, its currency - its value is changing by time. If players can now make more money - the stuff will also increase on price.

Edited by o7Captain
  • Like 3

I think where we are now (if one cares more about battles whether against AI or players) is if you want to do that, you’re gonna need to spend some play sessions each week trading or being lucky catching traders) to support your fighting habit.

Or you can do what I’ve been doing since the release wipe and not care if you can afford “the best” and use what you have.

Traders will eventually be the only ones able to afford the best and they will either use it and sometimes lose it or they will have to lower their prices somewhat. I’m not willing to spend 30-50% of my game cash on any ship or mod in the game.

51 minutes ago, Never said:

I would suggest to add a limit to trading

Admiral Ackbar. We have seen this before. It's a trap.

Because costs of mined resources is fixed, everyone became richer. People paying millions for upgrades giving 1-3% bonuses more are a minority. 
There will be no limitations as reduction of time wasted for an average player is a priority.

It does not matter if you make 5 trips or 1 trip - you risk 100% of cargo, so why force you waste 4x of your time. 
The answer is no - there is no reason to waste time of 4 more trips.  This is all we want to say to suggested limitations on trading. 

Here is the topic where we are interested in player feedback . 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, admin said:

Because costs of mined resources is fixed, everyone became richer. People paying millions for upgrades giving 1-3% bonuses more are a minority. 
There will be no limitations as reduction of time wasted for an average player is a priority.

It does not matter if you make 5 trips or 1 trip - you risk 100% of cargo, so why force you waste 4x of your time. 
The answer is no - there is no reason to waste time of 4 more trips.  This is all we want to say to suggested limitations on trading. 

I;m not sure that I am following what you are trying to say here. I don't suggest to make people do 5x times the trips or spend more time. But to limit the amount of trading possible. If 1 trip can make you 'rich' to play freely for 1 or 2 weeks then don't allow people to do 10, 20, 50 trips; which inflates prices astronomically. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Never said:

don't allow people to do 10, 20, 50 trips; which inflates prices astronomically. 

Trading permits ? but wait the problem is the alt accounts, and there is no solution to that biggest problem ever. (I still remember that russian guy with army of alts having 800 million reals before the trading patch)

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

trading contracts maybe?

Let different ports have certain "Happiness Level" which would affect say a defensive port battle (tower  doing/less damage and are more likely to surrender earlier if the port are on  the verge of a riot), the Clan owner and officers of the clan can put up  contracts for consuming of whats needed.

So if the civilians feel less defended, maybe they would feel better if the armory in the said port was filled with swords and muskets, and have someone bring that over to the port. A smart thing then could be to have the capital of the nations as a stockpile hub for all goods that need to be transported to a port far far away.

This would certainly bring dynamic into the picture with supply and demand. Maybe one week Nuevitas needs 2000 muskets so the store price there is increased during that period  until the amount of muskets needed are reached. Or maybe the brits are running out of Tea in Bluefields, and without it the social system wont work so the marines have to focus more on keeping the inhabitants at bay rather then having more people at the square fort to fend of the engaging russians.

Please feel free to tear away into my idea :)

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Never said:

I can make millions for a trading route that takes me 20-30 minutes

I thought I was making good coin on the trading.  I haven't found any ports that will provide 2 million reals in 30 minutes, every day.  I suppose that most players are like me an must spend hours to make 2 million, and they can only do so when they are lucky enough to find some excellent drops

Edited by Macjimm
spelingk

... Because going back to players just spamming and moving cargo delivery missions was better?

It's finally now worth trading trade goods again. It's finally worth the whole time of 1-3 hours of "afk" sailing to gain the reals that we should have been gaining.

If inflation is created and people start selling resources/ships/goods at a higher cost, that just makes it an easier incentive for players to decide to craft or extract their own resources instead.

I won't say whether you opinion or unpopular or not, but I will say that the players I know that continue to play enjoy the trade good system a lot more as it is now and because of it they have been able to make money, make ships, and do more activities before since the risk of PvP has been diminished in their opinion.

• Like 2

I prefer the present system than the previous one. More options for trading, more money to earn and no more obliged to trade all WE to buy what necessary for the Week.

And hunting trader worth a lot more!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

Trading permits ? but wait the problem is the alt accounts, and there is no solution to that biggest problem ever. (I still remember that russian guy with army of alts having 800 million reals before the trading patch)

Alts will always be an issue but there's nothing to block alts in the current system. But at the same time those people with 10 alts or whatever are in the very small minority, they usually don't affect the overall server economy. The issue of alts was created by Gamelabs themselves when they made it so you have to buy more accounts to have alts. Alts not an issue in other MMOs, because the game is planned with alts in mind in the first place and everyone is allowed alts in 1 account. 

If we all had 5 alts for example with automated trade ships you could jump into like a Loki if attacked, then the sea would be filled with trade ships that would all be available for pvp. No need for multi accounts, not to mention you wouldn't have people playing multiple characters at once, cause all the alts would be in the same account. 

P.S. the screen shot with the guy with 800 million was fake. But we might have a real one with this new and so very improved trading system. 

Edited by Never

12 hours ago, Macjimm said:

I thought I was making good coin on the trading.  I haven't found any ports that will provide 2 million reals in 30 minutes, every day.  I suppose that most players are like me an must spend hours to make 2 million, and they can only do so when they are lucky enough to find some excellent drops

This makes things even worse for you and such players though. The economy will have inflation with or without you; if you can't keep up with everyone making easy millions you're just left behind. If everyone was a millionaire, then even 1 carton of milk would cost $1000, because everyone can afford to pay it. We've had the system for a very short while and prices are already going up. 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, admin said:

You have my support, Sir!

5 hours ago, Never said:

This makes things even worse for you and such players though.

Sorry lad, not understanding what you are referring to.   What is "this" and what "things" are getting worse? 
Remember I'm not playing the game as if it were a competition.  My goals are to increase my wealth very slowly over time. My fleets are inexpensive, and their maintenance and upkeep costs nothing. I plan on very slowly upgrading the speed of my ships.

I enjoy the game and am not in a hurry.  

I was suggesting that there are not many players that can dependably make 2mil in 20minutes.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Never said:

P.S. the screen shot with the guy with 800 million was fake. But we might have a real one with this new and so very improved trading system. 

Why people are so interested in other people's money - its 18th century, not 1965 USSR. 

Before we would say.. aaah.. nooooo.. He should only have 50,000 pounds. Solution - Lets nerf everything (did it twice actually).  
We were stupid then

Now we say - Great. The guy can lose 800 first rates at cost.  Solution - Lets give him things to buy!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, admin said:

Why people are so interested in other people's money - its 18th century, not 1965 USSR. 

Before we would say.. aaah.. nooooo.. He should only have 50,000 pounds. Solution - Lets nerf everything (did it twice actually).  
We were stupid then

Now we say - Great. The guy can lose 800 first rates at cost.  Solution - Lets give him things to buy!

Haha, sounds cool, but is complete nonsens 🤣

With inflation you lowered the worth of his 800 mil a lot (dont know the exactly Inflation rate). There is no difference in taking f.e. 400 mil from him and an Inflation rate of 50% ... (Except Inflation normally dont work within Seconds, so he has some time to try to lower the loss).

The trading patch is great. Its a big (Hidden) nerf to cargo missions and big come back of the Indiaman ... captured an Indiaman loaded with topaz in the Windwardchannel, heartbeating until in Port, great! Seriously i dont have the balls for trading 😄

9 hours ago, admin said:

We were stupid then

really think crafting contracts for ship crafting would be perfect in this situation. Imagine the prize for a seasoned LO WO gold first rate would be