Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Update: Treacherous Waters - Part 2

admin

It's a nice patch, thank you for listening to requests and suggestions about BR changes and trade income. 

About the seasoning shed, this addition just seems to create an even bigger gap between new players and veterans. It directly negates some of the value of the BR changes and adds more grind into the game. I would suggest to please add more fun features and mechanics that don't increase the grind. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • Important historical production or trading centers have their investment points increased to 55
    • Cartagena
    • Caracas
    • Bridgetown
  • Several significant historical centers have their investment points increased to 50 points
    • Bluefields
    • Portobelo
    • Puerto Espana

cartagena bluefields and portobelo are Russian ports.

give them Admin Tool and let them choose every port they want. no one in the server can play anymore vs russian nation.  no new player and no vet player from other nation can now compete with russian nation

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

Historically when building ships shipbuilders had a choice to use fresh wood or season it in seasoning sheds and have stronger, slightly lighter timber. Ships built from fresh wood rot easily and were heavier and weaker. 

Seriously??? Part 1:

No shipwright worth his salt would have used „fresh woods“ to build a ship - you name the reasons!

Why should there be fresh-wood-vessels in the game??? Why should there be „fresh wood“ ingame??? Until today I thought all of the woods ingame were supposed to be seasoned!

2 hours ago, admin said:

Starting this patch captains will be able to season woods (provided they obtain the blueprint)

Seriously??? Part 2:

If you bring the difference of „fresh“ and „seasoned“ woods into the game - as dubious as it seems to me (see the reasons above), - you should at least allow everyone to have seasoned woods instead of locking it behind a blueprint! The way you introduced this seems to favor the mightiest fraction(s).

This said ...

Seriously??? Part 3:

When i read posts of you @admin i recognize reoccuring answers to suggestions of the community like „We won‘t do that, because we have more pressing issues to tackle. We will focus on changes that improve the game by a large margin.“

How on earth does the introduction of this new building and seasoned woods contribute to make the game significantly better (I‘d really appreciate an honest answer!!!)???

Imo it‘s quite the contrary: The seasoned woods plus the new building forces just another grind on the players which want to have the best ships.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 12

BR change is compromised by adding more 50 point ports. Disappointing. 

More profitable trading sounds good. Better loot from traders too. 

Seasoned woods is just a catastrophe. The ship bonuses we had were already a source of great imbalance. This is pushing it over the edge. 

• Like 3

I would like to suggest to please consider making it so hostility missions are locked to ship classes by BR. Ports with 10k BR shouldn't be able to be flipped by 1st rates. I think 10k BR ports' hostilities should be for 3rd rates and below; and 5k ports' hostilities should be for 4th rates and below. Also shallow ports' hostilities should always be placed in shallow waters and only admit shallow water ships. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

When?

Agreed. For the Leopard DLC to be available "in November" (as we were originally told), it would have to be released either today or tomorrow (Saturday). If it's not going to be released in November, someone needs to come out and say "it's not going to be released in November."

2 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Where do we obtain these?  It is important (IMO) that all players can access these items.  Not everyone does (or can do) port raids.  This is a good patch if all players can participate.  The fear on global at the moment is that only the big guys can get these

I'm going to bet it's a drop by doing something that we aren't going to be told about, but a certain nation will know and have them all set up before every one else knows about them.

2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Yey for the Russian Empire!

May the zerg never die!

And we given a solution do the Faction thing that even @admin posted up so we can actually have numbers to fight against every one jumping to Russia.  Forge papers should be locked for the strongest nation so you don't have zerge jumpers.  If you want to go to a strong nation do it the old way delete your char and start over.

35 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

cartagena bluefields and portobelo are Russian ports.

give them Admin Tool and let them choose every port they want. no one in the server can play anymore vs russian nation.  no new player and no vet player from other nation can now compete with russian nation

Funny how they own half the map and all the important ports prettty much.  Changes like this prob should of came with a map reset....so now wonder what is going to be special about those ports or than higher points?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chandler Latham said:

Agreed. For the Leopard DLC to be available "in November" (as we were originally told), it would have to be released either today or tomorrow (Saturday). If it's not going to be released in November, someone needs to come out and say "it's not going to be released in November."

or we could maybe not stress about it, and accept it when it comes?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Somebody, during these first hours, has a feedback about the new npc traders and trading goods? 

I have made 1m reals in the last 90 minutes in the new trading mechanic and i absolutely love it. It is like the old days.

• Like 1

Just now, Conte D. Catellani said:

That is great, just moving resources like beans, wool and so on from a port to an other? Awesome, pity that to try it I have to wait till Monday.. Far from home. 

Thanks 

Yes, that is it. But it seems like the early cargoes have been hit now, so taking a break from trading. You will have better success during the week no doubt, when lower numbers online.

2 hours ago, Chandler Latham said:

Leopard DLC is out today. For sale currently.

Hi 

If you would be inclined to hear another suggestion.  The resource trading is great, thank you.

The way it appears to work at the moment is that goods quantities appear in shops at reset.

The effect of this is 'first in - first served' when it comes to trading, and then after a while the trading opportunities are exhausted.

I understand you need to balance the game and make sure that the economy is not flooded.

My suggestion would be to have goods appear, not at reset, but at randomized times for each port. This would give everyone a fair chance at trading opportunities irrespective of time-zone.

Thanks for reading!

EDIT:

I see that small quantities of goods are already re-spawning so i guess this is already in game. TY.

Edited by Kubrat
  • Like 1

Seasoned woods turned balance upside down not only in RVR, economy and grind for the 1st rates, but in other things - Fir(S)/Fir(S)ships are now just slightly weaker than Teak/Teak ships (except fire and splinter resistance), but 1% faster than Fir/Fir ones.

So redeem your DLC ships with Fir(S)/Fir(S), then dismantle them and soon your will have super-fast and sturdy uncatchable raider

• Like 1