Game-Labs Forum

Seal clubbing outside KPR or Typical day as a Brit

Audacious

3 hours ago, admin said:

this will change soon(tm) 

we will post roadmap within a week. On the roadmap there will be limited NPC agression both on PVP and PVE server which will help with the seal clubbing a lot. 

19 minutes ago, JoeForKyo said:

...after the plethora of suggestions (some very well thought out) about NPC aggression ( enabling a flag to have more thrill or something) to which you Every Single Time answered with the usual "PVE isn't meant for this, it's all peace quiet and fluffy unicorns", you now come out , out of the blue, with it?...

5 minutes ago, Jan van Santen said:

I play PvE because there I can pick the fight.

A limited NPC agression will kill that principle of mine (and of many others).

@admin

I have to agree with those two players.  What you stated in red above makes zero sense, or can you please explain how NPC aggression has anything to do with seal clubbing on the Peace server?

• Like 2

Why obsess about making it safer near KPR?  It is the most hazardous area of the map.  No big deal.

When a new player starts just add a message at the start up screen.

"CAUTION - Avoid KPR !!  It is a very dangerous port !  You are strongly encouraged to sail a free basic cutter away from the capital and stay away until you are good at PvP."

Problem solved. 

Just realized that some players will think i intend sarcasm.  But  I'm serious.  I avoid KPR completely.  There is simply no reason to go there.

Edited by Macjimm
More content
  • Like 2

@admin there will have to be compensation if players have to move shipyards etc… because of NPC aggression and since the game is not EA anymore, such a change so early after release is very unexpected, in a year maybe but now, so soon?

@Audacious +1 -1 captain rank battle restriction, it’s the only way to differentiate between newbies and vets, within this OW (ganking is a natural part of this game), most other things Dev's have tried have fail.

PS: Peace Server. Many, if not most, including me, have level 3 shipyards, level 3 forests, forge, workshop, basically very thing already, this is release, no more wipes, so if Dev’s were to drop aggressive AIs right-out in front of our outposts, then it would be alittle off to say the least.

We would need to be compensated to move them, that's full building replacement compensation. 

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Why obsess about making it safer near KPR?  It is the most hazardous area of the map.  No big deal.

When a new player starts just add a message at the start up screen.

"CAUTION - Avoid KPR !!  It is a very dangerous port !  You are strongly encouraged to sail a free basic cutter away from the capital and stay away until you are good at PvP."

Problem solved. 

Just realized that some players will think i intend sarcasm.  But  I'm serious.  I avoid KPR completely.  There is simply no reason to go there.

But a capital should not be the most dangerous port, well maybe pirates capital, but most of us want them turned into real pirates any way.   New players don't know or understand why you should avoid these areas  and it should not be the players place to protect them.  The game should be developed to protect new players in that area.

8 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

@admin there will have to be compensation if players have to move shipyards etc… because of NPC aggression and since the game is not EA anymore, such a change so early after release is very unexpected, in a year maybe but now, so soon!

@Audacious +1 -1 captain rank battle restriction, it’s the only way to differentiate between newbies and vets, within this OW (ganking is a natural part of this game), most other things Dev's have tried have fail.

Why would you be compensated about your shipyards?  If your in an area that isn't the capital any enemy player can come and kill you the same way.   People from get this game is pretty much 80% PvE and on war server you have the other 20% for most players.  You have to grind AI to get all the books and level up unless your one of these guys farming the capitals to get easy kills.

9 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

@admin there will have to be compensation if players have to move shipyards etc… because of NPC aggression and since the game is not EA anymore, such a change so early after release is very unexpected, in a year maybe but now, so soon!

If you have to move a crafting base because of npc aggression, i dont think theres anything anyone can do for you lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

I don't understand your logic, I would think you would actually want NPC aggression if you have your OP away from the capital, since that's where you farm your PVE ship battles.  PVP fights are near the capitals.  (comment applies to PVP server, not Peace server)

@Sir Texas Sir @Potemkin @Papillon the peace server is very different from the war server, our outposts/shipyards are not national bound, we have them all over the map, anywhere we like, therefore "potentially" in the way of aggressive AI or somewhere where we would not have setup originally. 

Edited by Guest

52 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But a capital should not be the most dangerous port, well maybe pirates capital, but most of us want them turned into real pirates any way.   New players don't know or understand why you should avoid these areas  and it should not be the players place to protect them.  The game should be developed to protect new players in that area.

Your sediment is intuitive, and most people probably think this way, but I think this logic needs to be changed.  It's not a law, or rule, that the capital SHOULD be safe.   We should adapt to the game.  KPR is not safe.  It is dangerous.  If we accept it and move on we can still enjoy the game and have fun.  There are other safe areas for Newbies (and vets) to earn and grow. 

The game can be developed to help new players AND we can keep the waters tortuous around KPR. 

A pop-up warning should be provided to all new players so they know.  And pop-up reminders sent also.

It's just the way it is.  Seriously.  No problem.  I've been doing well since I accepted it. 

:)

Edited by Macjimm
spelink

56 minutes ago, BuckleUpBones said:

@Sir Texas Sir @Potemkin @Papillon the peace server is very different from the war server, our outposts/shipyards are not national bound, we have them all over the map, anywhere we like, therefore "potentially" in the way of aggressive AI or somewhere where we would not have setup originally. 

Yes I know and your point is?  Your playing on a PVE server the devs can do what they want with PVE on both servers.  No where was it promise you will have a completely peacefully life that you never will be attacked by AI.  The only thing promised you is that you won't be attacked by players on that server.  

1 hour ago, BuckleUpBones said:

Apparently you missed the part of my post that says "(comment applies to PVP server, not Peace server)"

Read fully prior to commenting.

@admin I am a genius and I have great idea. (sarcasm)

We have few capitals with capital zones. Just custom draw them according to land shape and enlarge the capital zone.

Instead of C over compass, write green Capital Safe Zone etc. Explain what is a capital zone in tips, or on screen message with do not show again tick box. Another message on screen when someone leaves capital zone, they can be targeted with do not show again tick box.

We do not need agressive AI. But we need tweaks on ai :) 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

@Sir Texas Sir  @Papillon

Don’t get me wrong but I too think aggressive AI would be great addition (capital zones and there greater area).

But you both have missed read, so I ask you…

Do you think it’s fair for players to have an aggressive AI drop/spawn or track to our outpost(s) with an level 3 shipyard already constructed, considering that there wasn’t any before our decision to build there in the first place?

My post was about compensation for a "possible" unfair update. 

Edited by Guest

I didn't mis-read, I spoke of Peace server and I fully understand every post here.  Don't project.  However, in answer to your question above, yes I do think it's fair, no matter where anyone's existing OP's are.  If someone can't fight AI that's an issue.  On PVP server why would OP location have anything to do with where you see naval action?  It happens everywhere on the map on PVP server, so I fail to see how this is unfair there.  And personally I don't want to see aggressive AI on the Peace server but that's just my opinion and I aint pushing it on anyone.  I'm sorry you disagree.

4 hours ago, Audacious said:

Watch the numbers, if they get sunk all the time they won't last. There is no reward for those who log in next day. 

New players don't sail around afk min crewing trade ships loaded with passenger missions. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Audacious said:

It makes you wonder,  why?

Because no one wants to walk into a trap with two or three groups of "PvP nations" piling in. Full loot loss is the sugar and the sulfur acid, opinions vary about the net acidity of the brew.

19 hours ago, admin said:

we will post roadmap within a week. On the roadmap there will be limited NPC agression both on PVP and PVE server which will help with the seal clubbing a lot. 

This will have negative effect muchly outweighing anything positive about it.

You cant hold players hands forever. Who said that newbs needs to be safe?? Where people got this idea from? There is peace server already if they want to learn the ropes peacefully. How are they going to learn the game otherwise? Its Ok to sink in pvp game. This teaches people. Danger makes people to communicate. Take action. Get involved. Interact with other players. Danger is what making the game fun, enjoyable, engaging.

You can bring more mechanics to save traders or newbs and we will think on more ways to hunt them. Because you are gods, eventually you will succeed denying us any possibility to hunt them (yes just like before) and we will leave again (yes just like before). And with us leaving, newbs will get bored and game will die... rather fast. Again. I honestly don't want that. My old clan members start coming back to give it another go. We have 40+ in 4 days.

Newbs MUST sink. Traders MUST sink. PVPers MUST sink. Everyone MUST sink for this game to work. And NOT from AI. From PVP.
Bring on ganks, duels in OW capitals, balance hostility jumping issues (same BR balancing rules dont work for hostility?), bring on Flags as raid mechanic
Let players find ways to survive, make friends etc.
Yes some will leave because they dont like it being sunk. But those 5 snowflakes who left will be replaced by 50 new players who are green newbs and who were attracted by the dangers of the Caribbean waters. They will stay and create wonderful player base.

I want to see Naval Action doing 20 fully maxed PVP servers. Isn't THAT should be the goal of the development? You have got a wonderful game. All it needs is the right mentality and few tweaks. 

As AI following me everywhere tagging me it will annoy the crap out of me. What, am I not gonna be able to sail across them map AFK anymore?
The ONLY way to bring AI attacking players mechanic is through temporary Criminal tag. But thats opening another can of worms that you probably dont want to touch

Also on another topic you have mention the strength of AI you said they are like that to make them challenging. Ok, but right now Im more afraid of AI than players lol.
If you want them to be challenging, why not double their HP, but reduce their pen and gun accuracy, crazy angles and damage dealing. So they dont penetrate LO/WO like its a fir/fir ship. It will take longer to kill them (means you still have to grind for your XP), but not as dangerous as it is now.

P.S. I still have positive steam review on this game because I really want it to succeed... Please! You have all the tools. Just do it.
I offered back in the day to make Global server as PVP Hardcore test server. I mean hardcore. It is pitty we didnt have opportunity to try it. Server went down anyway, but it could make a very valuable point

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

just bring backt the reinforcement zone round capitals then, so people can call in reinforcements if they want to..

Actually why even do that? What IS the issue right now? That some afk alt players complained that their ships were ganked by pirates? Pfff, both of my trading alts were killed by my own pirate fellows. I just didnt want the to kow those were my trading alts as I do most of my econ afk.
Whats the big deal? Trader ship loss needs to be included in his books as unavoidable expense.

As for the new players, dangers like that PROMOTES them to look for help, interact with veterans players, join clans etc etc.

Do we want our newbs to be totally independent and protected until they die from boredom and leave? 

Well thats basically what happened to me in 2016 when I started as a brit. I sailed for a month. Never saw any pvp action. Quit.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, admin said:

all you need to do is to make it more risky to hunt again, remove the speed and invisibility after battle and put back coordinates so defensive fleets can finde the attackers 

Ok devs, what is the issue? New players get sunk straight after showing their nose outside the port?

Here is beautiful solution that worked in every single PVP MMO game I played.

When new character is created is giving a choice to start as PVE. Means all he can see is his own nation players. No other nation players can see him.
Once he reaches next level, or earns 50k of Real he enters the wonderful world of PVP.
Also on a character creation screen player needs to have a choice to skip that PVE BS altogether 🤣

2 hours ago, Gringo69rus said:

remember this beatuful idea?62d37c_origin.png

you idea def green zone is bad idea! why? beacause because it will also be used by veterans who avoid honest battles (we all know their names)

And so what if a few players stay to the green zones?  There are plenty of others to go hunt. I don't know why folks are so hung up on what a few players do.   If folks want to hunt AI in green zones than let them, those aren't the best players any way so your battles wouldn't be as fun. Seems folks just want the easy kills all the time.   

4 hours ago, koltes said:

Actually why even do that? What IS the issue right now? That some afk alt players complained that their ships were ganked by pirates? Pfff, both of my trading alts were killed by my own pirate fellows. I just didnt want the to kow those were my trading alts as I do most of my econ afk.
Whats the big deal? Trader ship loss needs to be included in his books as unavoidable expense.

As for the new players, dangers like that PROMOTES them to look for help, interact with veterans players, join clans etc etc.

Do we want our newbs to be totally independent and protected until they die from boredom and leave? 

Well thats basically what happened to me in 2016 when I started as a brit. I sailed for a month. Never saw any pvp action. Quit.

I don't think any one is bitching about there AKF alts getting tagged, it's the lower level folks trying to grind around the capital right now that are getting hit.    

Ok got a question for all you folks bitching about getting tagged by aggressive AI.  Lets just assume that the only AI that will be aggressive will be AI's in a nations zone.  So lets say US has some aggressive AI around it's coast or even just around the capital region.  Let me give you two versions.

1.  You are out hunting along the US coast line and you get tagged by a US player cause you are in there waters.

2. You are out hunting along the US coast line and you get Tagged by an Aggressive AI.

What is the difference here other than one is played by AI and one is a player?  NOTHING....your still in enemy waters and your getting attacked by a US ship protecting it's interest.  BUT AI ARE STUPID.  Have you fought some of the players in this game?  I been in some fights @koltes I'm sure remember us joking, "These AI are fighting better than the US does."  While doing hostility and that was back pre-wipes and bumped up AI and all this new stuff we have now.   It really doesn't matter other than your ego/mentality thought that you should only fight players.  No you should fight what ever is thrown at you.  Guess what if you where in those same waters and returning to home port and get tagged, by a player you still won't make it back to that home port. BUT THE AI WILL WAIST MY TIME.....believe me that AI is prob a lot quicker to kill than an aggressive player that tagged you who isn't predictable so that is a weak excuse.  If your in enemy waters and don't have time to fight a fight than you should of been back in port a long time or logged off in place.  

Oh and this is not a PvP only server, both servers are PvE by nature as that is what the core of the game is about.  Most of the content is locked behind the PvE grind.  Yes you can play on War server with only PvP fights if you wish.  The only difference between the two servers is that on PvE (Peace) server you can play the game without other players attacking you, that is it.  Pretty much every thing else core mechanics wise is the same. So if the devs want to make aggressive AI than they can.  Many other MMO's you go into zones the AI will attack you, they don't just stand around and wait to be attacked.  The only time yous see this is when there is a big level difference, normally lower level AI won't attack a much larger player level.  They do this cause you get little to no XP from them.  This game doesn't really work like that as our level doesn't matter what ships we are in from a cutter to a L'ocean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gringo69rus said:

it will also be used by veterans who avoid honest battles (we all know their names)

So what?  If a veteran wants to avoid battles for a while, so (hello kitty) what?  It's their game and if they want to get something done that doesn't include a PVP aspect, that's their business. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

1.  You are out hunting along the US coast line and you get tagged by a US player cause you are in there waters.

2. You are out hunting along the US coast line and you get Tagged by an Aggressive AI.

My problem with it is the waste of my reps if I end up in a fight with AI that I don't want to have.  Sure, if I know it's a danger and I will avoid, but I don't go into enemy waters to raid AI which don't give me PVP credits.  Battles cost reps and we carry a limited amount in order to keep our speed.  I don't mind being chased by players (I got chased by a swarm of Yanks last night (good job US Coast Guard)), but it is boring and also being chased by bots might be too oppressive.  Part of the excitement of this game is the danger of risking it all, deep in enemy waters...If we are to turn that into a boring bot party, you are taking away some of the best content of the game.

• Like 1