Game-Labs Forum

Serius lost of new players

Angus MacDuff: "The only way that new players will be protected is if the respective veteran national players talk to them and show them where they can pve in relative safety".

Good advice in normal times, yes. But now since weeks our new Players will be attacked immediatley when they left Fort Royal. There is no safety, for no one.

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

•  The actual rank system is a horror for the newbees and partly to the older guys. You need minimum a year (with intense playing) to reach a acceptable rank. But this could only work if you are not under pressure by more succesful nations. A better clan organisation could help but finally you also need here a lot of DLC-guys in your clan. If you not have…blub, blub

the new 2 rank XP thresholds were placeholders and are going to be fixed/tuned tomorrow
They will become much lower
In addition the knowledge slots XP will be slightly lowered as well.

On average a player with only 1-2 hours play time per day can reach max level in 30-35 days after release. 
He can level up much faster if he finishes tutorial exams and then sinks ships of higher level than his or participate in PVP (2x xp)

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, admin said:

the new 2 rank XP thresholds were placeholders and are going to be fixed/tuned tomorrow
They will become much lower
In addition the knowledge slots XP will be slightly lowered as well.

On average a player with only 1-2 hours play time per day can reach max level in 30-35 days after release. 
He can level up much faster if he finishes tutorial exams and then sinks ships of higher level than his or participate in PVP (2x xp)

I do not think that's the real problem, I think the problem is mostly with people who go into the PVE missions of people to kill them, or that they kill all the time, and thus prevent them from taking level or enjoy the game.

1 minute ago, jojo937 said:

I do not think that's the real problem, I think the problem is mostly with people who go into the PVE missions of people to kill them, or that they kill all the time, and thus prevent them from taking level or enjoy the game.

pve missions close immediately you are describing the mechanic that is no longer in game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Fermez vos missions dès que vous décrivez le mécanisme qui n’est plus en jeu.

it only works with kill missions, but not the simple PVE OW, when you tagged an AI. (which is the most common) :) 

4 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

Frankly some form of Reinforcement zones needs to be in the game to help new players.  Instead of fixing them or working on proper ROE, they were simply removed by the devs.  This was a poor choice overall.  

I would hate to see the reinforcement zones come back, but what about an expanded capitol zone...twice as big?  There are always plenty of capitol zone battles whenever you look. 

• Like 1

- Be new player

- Play tutorial, get to final exam, get slaughtered by magic NPC boats

- Quit because if tutorial is this frustrating, main game must resemble beating head into concrete wall

- Be new player

- Skip tutorial, play PvE

- Get slaughtered by magic NPC boats that looks like yours but are three times more powerful

- Get told by devs "if you want to avoid artificial challenges and play realistic combat, fight only players"

- Quit because was not looking for PvP and PvE sucks

- Be new player

- Skip tutorial, skip PvE, play PvP

- Get ganked repeatedly, quit

"This is fine."

Edited by Ahoy H.R. Matey
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, admin said:

LeL, it took me over a year and about 1500 hours to reach the old max level.  Now there are new even more max levels.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bubba Smith said:

Thats the nice thing about PvE, better atomsphere for new players. There are clans to help out and members in those clans willing to spend their time support their learning. 

I brought up going back to attaching your player info to steam again and having xp shared across the War and Peace server.  That way if you wan to learn and level up in peace you can, or if you want to play hard core PvP style than you can play on the war server.  All other things are dependennt upon the serve, but your rank XP is shared. I would even go to say crafting is not shared since it would be easy mode to level up crafting on Peace serve to use on War server.   Just have the Rank xp shared between servers.

Cause lets be honest no one wants to level up multi times other than for alts.....though this would also means upon release War and Peace server both got wiped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Routan said:

Danes. How can the two active dane players Camp KPR?

1 player can camp anywhere he or she likes ... why is camping a port reliant on numbers

Edited by shunt

5 minutes ago, Routan said:

Do think the largest pop on the server should be able to force the 2 danes camping KPR away.

if they were the only 2 sure ,,, but as said before  and im sure your aware ,, theres russians and spanish and french and prussians and pirates also there ... doesnt really matter what flag they fly .. why are you trying to make out i only mentioned danes ????

why cant the french chase the two players mentioned away in that case ,,,

im not even that bothered about KPR .. its boring .. crap players in op fast ships seal clubbing............ anyone over post captain and they run  its not fun to chase them for an hour

Edited by shunt
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I would hate to see the reinforcement zones come back, but what about an expanded capitol zone...twice as big?  There are always plenty of capitol zone battles whenever you look. 

Sure, there just needs to be some area around capitals (new player zone would be better) that allows relative safety to rank up and do whatever they do.  There is currently none and it is going to be a major detriment to the game.  

I predict that it’ll take about 2 hours post release for us vets to do the exams and redeem a herc or requin and then the new/returning player slaughter will commence.

• Like 4

Today I went to the French area to do pvp, a Russian NN clan named Zulu tagged me. The minute a player called charlemagne joined the Russian side and he did not want to answer me if it was an alt, so I read here if it is. I have 2 questions is it legal to use alts in pvp? And the next is if for the players it is necessary to do this, he was in endimyion and I was in pandora.

3 minutes ago, shunt said:

theres russians and spanish and french and prussians and pirates also there ... doesnt really matter what flag they 

I can't speak for other clans/nations but BLACK will attack anyone - even at kpr. The most fun battles I've had is sinking non-Brits around Jamaica, we patrol your waters for you in essence.

• Like 1

Current and/or experienced players will be Ok post wipe. Most of us have clans and the game "institutional" knowledge as to how to make money and where to go for leveling/pvp etc. We know the game's foibles and the history of clans and clan areas of operations which gives us a huge leg up. Newbies on the other hand have a very steep learning curve and I'm sure the drop off rate will be very high. I have argued before for the reinstatement of an effective  R zone and will continue to do so. Newbies venturing out from KPR (for example) need to be able to fight battles and learn the game without the constant threat of the gank squads. I have no problem with rewards in the R zone being less than in open world or having the level of support tied to your rank but I really feel there needs to be something. I understand about the peace server but I can't see many people wanting to grind on one server then regrind on another.

• Like 3

I don't bother "leveling", and still have fun in small ships.

For many years this forum has been filled with dire predictions that the game is doomed because we are losing players, and cant; retain newbs.  For years.  The same prediction, same warning.

The arithmetic doesn't add up. Three years ago we usually had a few to several hundred players online.  Sometime there were less, sometimes more.  The population  hasn't been in the thousands for years.   If the predictions were true, the players should all have left by now.  We should have no-one playing anymore.

Edited by Macjimm

31 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

The arithmetic doesn't add up. Three years ago we usually had a few to several hundred players online.  Sometime there were less, sometimes more.  The population  hasn't been in the thousands for years.   If the predictions were true, the players should all have left by now.  We should have no-one playing anymore.

The predictions were true and remained true for years lol. An Early Access game grows it doesn't shrink, if it stagnates it stagnates at a healthy number not less than a thousand, not for an MMO.

• Like 1

XP across both servers, Cant join gank server till 1 rank above tutorial pass.

Get player into the game

Get players some xp before the troll server,

Lets them know theres a good game without troll server.

Thanks to the regular gankers you killed off testers. Im sure your proud of your pitiful keyboard achievements.