Game-Labs Forum

RexRapor ruining 1v1

--Privateer--

RexRapor jumped in a 1v1 battle and boarded my pickle even though he was told multiple times by me and Captain Smile that it was a 1v1. He also sunk the liveoak/whiteoak 5/5 pickle after boarding so now I am unable to do another 1v1 since it is nearly impossible to craft liveoak/whiteoak ships anymore, let alone enough get a 5/5 one. He's obviously a no good troll since any real player would keep a 5/5 pickle. I think RexRapor should be banned until I get a replacement pickle.

7DDE59BA0077A9599B55A3742E53C4B74A002D09

• Like 2

1 hour ago, --Privateer-- said:

so now I am unable to do another 1v1 since it is nearly impossible to craft liveoak/whiteoak ships anymore, let alone enough get a 5/5 one.

dunno ... does anybody else sense the tragedy in these words? there was a time where not every challenge and competition in games was about minimaxing gear. then, sadly, games became too popular ...

Edited by znôrt
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, znôrt said:

dunno ... does anybody else sense the tragedy in these words? there was a time where not every challenge and competition in games was about minimaxing gear. then, sadly, games became too popular ...

I'll admit, most my dueling ships are 5/5, however I often sail a 3/5 no perk christian around as one of my favorite ships. That being said, it is almost necessary to have the extra slots if you're going to duel a Requin with a pickle, especially considering the new damage model. 32lb carros vs a tiny ship like a pickle leaves little room for error. Also, 250 crew vs 55, you try it with a blue ship. 😛

• Like 2

1 hour ago, --Privateer-- said:

I'll admit, most my dueling ships are 5/5, however I often sail a 3/5 no perk christian around as one of my favorite ships. That being said, it is almost necessary to have the extra slots if you're going to duel a Requin with a pickle, especially considering the new damage model. 32lb carros vs a tiny ship like a pickle leaves little room for error. Also, 250 crew vs 55, you try it with a blue ship. 😛

no, i understand, and it makes perfect sense to do so ... once upgrades with such dramatic effects exist. my gripe is that this model has become so pervasive. anyway, this was a general reflection and a bit off topic, sorry :)

Here is a bit of a problem. Chances are that either way he would have destroyed your pickle. Even if you won the 1v1 he could have just waited until you were done and then reengage you once you left the battle. End results are the same. During the battle it would have been an honorable action for the captain that was on the same side as he was to block him until you had a chance to leave. If he fired through the captain in an attempt to engage you then he would have been in violation of the rules and starting this thread would have been justified. As mentioned prior though, he was not in violation of any rules and is guilty of nothing other than being a prick.

He saw an easy kill (based on BR) and decided to take it.

Sorry for your loss.

That looks like La Tort coast line, couldn't ya'll picked a more out of the way place to do a duel?   The other thing you could of moved away from join areas and waited until no one could join before fighting each other.  With a Pickle unless he joined right on top of you, you should been able to just turn up wind and run away.  

PS I would of sunk the pickle too....actually I would of prob just capped it and than sold it back to you marked way the hell up.

This isn't tribunal cause he didn't do green on green and it was an open fight in OW he could join.  Next time pick a better location and make sure the join timer close.

while being boarded by a pfrig doesnt that mean you would have lost the pickle against the xebec anyway?

He joined a battle, he did no green on green, he fought the enemy. I dont see how this is against the rules.

1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

He is salty as it soured his mood.

Well, I guess that marks the end of the good jokes. 

Since we no longer have to stay on topic, I'd like to encourage everyone to go to this post and give their opinion on the current rare wood situation, especially if you want it changed.

• Like 1