Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

thought potbs was terrible game,i had my wing from battelstar over there infiltrated all nations team speak and did nothing but listen to these jerks for 3 weeks.my wing wouldent touch that game,,i tried every thing,they played all sides of the war,,very nasty community,they ganked and set up all the new people,i saw at least 10 new people quit the game within a week, if this game goes any where near the set up of potbs,,im not touching it ,u can have the 30 bucks,

• Like 1

thought potbs was terrible game,i had my wing from battelstar over there infiltrated all nations team speak and did nothing but listen to these jerks for 3 weeks.my wing wouldent touch that game,,i tried every thing,they played all sides of the war,,very nasty community,they ganked and set up all the new people,i saw at least 10 new people quit the game within a week, if this game goes any where near the set up of potbs,,im not touching it ,u can have the 30 bucks,

PotBS Alpha, Beta and prelaunch was a great time for me, met the devs in person in London, setting up a guild of great friends, discussing plans for the future game... however it quickly appeared that the Dev's drifted from their early promises, things started to lose that historical focus... its became all cartoon avatars, buffs and gaudy colours, the UI was an absolute mess. Gone was the historical feel, and in came Purple Pirates and Disney. I agree, if NA even nods towards PoTBS it'll fail!

By all means use PotBS as an example.... an example of NOT what to do!

• Like 2

Everything i guess:P since they made patch nearly one year:) btw i love them a lot - no single my comment was posted since 4 months on portalus "website"...i just assuming my questions are to hard to answer...but they are "famous" from listen own players and customesr same time:)

Old PotbS veteran signing in here too.

uninstalled it long time ago, did not even transfere char to the new publisher (beautifull Trinity gone..)

Overall, NA looks like exaxtly what Potbs should have been.

looking forward to the preorder tests

Greetins

Wastel McGuinness

• Like 1

PotBS...I spent more time in the forums of that game before it launched than I did in the game...years, even....way before SoE got involved. I made a few ships, which got me started as an artist. But the game gradually turned from the AoS simulation to an arcade-like speedboat game. Once the navigation map was added and explained, I knew it wasn't going to be the game for me. I kept making ships though...that was fun.

Ships were too fast, sail evolutions were instantaneous...ships could sail straight into the wind without being blown back.

My main regret was that I never got to sail my own ships lol I did see them in-game, which was cool. I just could grind my way to having the means to afford them.

Liking the direction NA is going so far.

• Like 1

And now we got "nail to the coffin": NEW ECO PATCH . I tell you what: few of players was still playing but after this "OP patch" hardly belive that more than 100 stay on both servers:P Killing economy, limit stack of materials and incrase weights of them, new partners structures (btw: 8250 Burning sea points for set of 7 structures (over 22 mil DB on current price of BSN). All this look like last try to reach our pockets before game die forever...

I was reading up on the new eco post and I couldn't believe it. If they had deliberately set out to kill the game, they couldn't have done a better job than what they have done with all these patches. I am absolutely confounded by their development direction, instead of working on Avcom, PVP encounters, Port Battles or even getting the basics like a new website/forum or even the bloody user content back up they instead messed with the eco which worked fairly well, introducing huge, sweeping changes with no documentation and it's completely screwed the game. 

Potbs used to be a fun game to play, the portbattles were interesting and pvp gave me chills!

The small team is doing way too many changes, and big ones, to the game. They are shooting in the dark hoping to score some money.

I don't understand how is it still online, seriously, almost dead econ, barely any people left, deserted towns, etc, etc.

Indeed! Potbs was a good game to begin with, and the fact that it has lasted for around 7 years, an eternity in the interwebs, means something, but on the other side, all good things once come to an end, and Potbs time is over, not now but since a few months ago.

Of course, if the management was better, the fate would have been delayed a good deal, but this is strecthing it, without reason.

I have not loged into POTBS in over a year, what it like now? I noticed there forums and sight are still down. Saw there was some new patches.....its been a while....kind of miss it sometimes..

Infact I havn't even been on this forum in a while I noticed there forums and sight are still down.

Hows naval action been going? I gotta get back on and test.

Any of you guys play assassins black flag? I been playing that one lately for my pirate fix. For sand box instant grad game its really pretty good. Worth playing.

Hey Cjflint! Glad you're back!

Yes, Potbs forums are still down, I highly doubt that they will ever put them back online, as a way to limit interaction with players, no patch notes, no discussion, no guides, no information, no nothing. Potbs is, unfortunately, a milking machine since Portalus took over.

Meanwhile Naval Action has entered into Sea Trials, people who pre order the game become testers, although the people who already were testers do not have to pre order.

I highly recomend you to pre order, it will be the cheapest buy, since the price will only get higher in the future. Besides the fact that you are supporting Gamelabs and speeding up the development process.

The sea trials are basically the alpha test with a progression system, to get bigger ships. You can do both PvP and PvE. Now there are far more people, which makes up for some fun battles!

Hope this gets you updated!