Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

12 hours ago, CatSwift said:

I remember you, we were in Nine Winds together for a while. Are you playing Naval Action now? Its not PotBS, but it has its moments.

Hey Cat!

I definitely remember you. 

Regarding Naval Action:  no, I haven't purchased the game or made any attempt to play.  Thinking about it though . . .

2 hours ago, C. Mornay said:

Hey Cat!

I definitely remember you. 

Regarding Naval Action:  no, I haven't purchased the game or made any attempt to play.  Thinking about it though . . .

When I first started and for several months after I really enjoyed NA.  I managed to find another former PotBS player and we did a lot of duo hunting (open sea hunting being  my favorite part of PotBS & NA). Everything directly related to ships is better in NA. Just about everything else was better in PotBS. But NA is still in early access, and the dev's are doing the right thing by trying a bunch of different ways to play the game.

I would recommend joining to a PotBS veteran who has strong patience. There is a big patch coming in three weeks which will introduce some sweeping changes (including a full ship + asset wipe); I would recommend waiting until then to join. Especially as a new player, the open sea used to have a lot more NPCs on it for fun / leveling, but recent changes they decreased them significantly to the point you don't see enough sails any more. I believe one of the upcoming changes in the patch will address this. Also a lot of people are taking a break until the patch comes out, so the servers are less populated.