Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

Don't know if you are following devblog on portalugames, but big economic revamp is coming. Looks like step to realism and sophistication, I like it :).

Or its useless additions that are made to hide the fact the 3 devs have no power to change anything besides spreadsheets. 

Just sad to see such potential go to waste. I was so psyched and blown out of this world when I was testing the beta. Such a great game when you had a group of friends to play with but it just all went down the trash so quickly. That's the thing these days though, it is either a hit and success or it just falls flat on it's face faster than a Russian in an Irish bar.

having alot of people only that you could play with or ask stuff now anyone plays for themself not its just pirates of the crossteaming sea

i kinda like the quests specially when you where underwater shipwreck near ruddy cove

Something new has come out on Steam called "Carribean". It's based on the Mount & Blade system, and looks a lot like everything the original devblogs promised PotBS's AvCom system would be (before they decided to adopt the Phantasy Star arcade ping-kiting fest, instead).

AvCom system would be (before they decided to adopt the Phantasy Star arcade ping-kiting fest, instead).

I liked old potbs avcom system ,with stances and guard. It was less running and hitthing, more skill tatics useing. It was since half year game was live, after that someone not wise make wow - clone shit. 

Afterall i still consider Potbs as the best mmo which i played. 

• Like 2

the one thing that i am going to miss from potbs is my ,,fatassed,, La Couronne and that large amount of ship designs that we could chose from.

i dont think that we will se such a large quantity of ships in NA soon

Something new has come out on Steam called "Carribean". It's based on the Mount & Blade system, and looks a lot like everything the original devblogs promised PotBS's AvCom system would be (before they decided to adopt the Phantasy Star arcade ping-kiting fest, instead).

Hey Pnakotic, your 100% right if POTBS had something like the M&B avcom system it would have been incredible.

Carribean caught my eye too, its an early alpha. Its using the beloved mount and blade engine, with ship com and ship boarding. So 1st & 3rd person AVCOM both and land & sea. Mount and Blade melee and shooting avcom is just addictive fun and honestly had a blast playing M&B. Its an asome system. Boarding combat looks really fun. It should be cool. It more then likely will not be MMO but will have multi player battles. 

The only cons I saw is the ship com combat looked pretty crude, same with thee old M&B turn base strategy map.It's early maybe so you never know. But it will make up for it in stupid fun avcom!

Regardless I may pick it up to hold me over til Mount & Blade Banner lord comes out or Naval Action gets finished. Its also cool its on steam!

The link:

http://snowbirdgames.com/?cat=11〈=en

As far as POTBS it has BEEN dead to me, its been over for some time now. I moved on a while ago and found better games. Their web site even, hasn't been one in a really really long time, which tells me they dont even care anymore. Its going to fizzel out, if it hasn't already. Put a fork in it!

From what I saw - sea battle looks poor in comparision to POtBS.

I think the reason for that is its using the M&B engine which was pretty much a melee and shooting 3rd/1st person game. So they probably had to design the ship com completely from scratch. So its probably going to be great avcom with sub par ship com. Were POTBS was good ship com with sub par avcom. Well I must confess there was parts of POTBS avcom I found fun, like epics, skirms and dueling. I hated boarding though, always felt that was just broken and really exploitable. Carribean is an indi early alpha so Its really any ones guess on how good the final release will be. Based on the fun I had playing M&B, and the low price of Carribean, I think It might be worth me playing. I'm going to go into it not expecting much out of ship com, but expecting land and boarding/land battles to have that same fun M&B had. 

In other news lol I also have revisited over the weekend TTW Empires recently, with the "DARTHMOD", which is a complete over hall to the game. The battles are both land an sea are much more epic, and there are quite a few new units and nations to chose from. That mod is well worth getting for anyone who wants to revisit Empires.  

EDIT: I think some of the people from gamelabs worked on Darthmod....holy crap....interesting! Greatwork!

I think my favourite post-PotBS experience was reading the forums, my oh my. More trolls than Skyrim and more flaming going on than the fire dept. could handle.

Ahaha yes. 

Forums were at least half the fun of PotBS. For me the forums going down was the last nail in coffin, stopped playing after that.

EDIT: I think some of the people from gamelabs worked on Darthmod....holy crap....interesting! Greatwork!

I think you are right and i belive Darth_Vader himselve, because he stoped working on Darthmod sometime ago to work on a Game, if i remember the news right. ;)

Ahaha yes. 

Forums were at least half the fun of PotBS. For me the forums going down was the last nail in coffin, stopped playing after that.

Forum Trolling...I never would have guessed that went on.....cough cough

• 3 weeks later...

The idea of RVARR in PotBS drove me nuts from the moment on when I realized what RVR actually meant in this game! And it's not only the mechanics, it's the community, friend or foe alike! Player driven economy and and the whole concept of taking over ports and everything that comes along with that!! The amount of coordination necessary during 6v6, PBs and during flips? 

Look at nowdays online games and name me one which does such stuff except for EVE which isn't actually new at all? In a way, it's seriously pathetic how basic nowdays games are!  

PotBS teaches people that awesome graphics aren't everything!!

BTW:

Ive learnt from stan laguna that you can get your deleted characters back from portalus! I, for example, deleted my characters after FLS went batshit to avoid coming back. You just need to send them a mail with your account names and they'll recover them, the characters not the accounts. They did that with all of my ten accounts!

Here the link:

http://portalusgames.com/policy/game-rules/

I also played post portalus era if you will. I had to switch over all my CHRs, it was fairly simple. I also learned how to duel box with there new clients. But I only played for a week or so, then quit. So I know my alts are there.

Just before 2.11 I sort of dispanded my SOC and asked all members to take what was there's out of the warehouses. I kept my soc name intact, and soc influence. I sold off a anything I didn't need, and then took all dbls off of my alts and put it on my primary account, I also transfered any thing of value to my main CHR. I then buried my gold LOL. My reasoning behind it, was I knew POTBS was probably not going to recover, but if they did and if there was some sort of turn around with the game. I would still have my CHRs, my in game money, influence, ships and econ ready to go. Other wise I would just move on.

I would love to see it a miracle recovery, but I know that it is far off. 

• Like 1