Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

SS or it didn't happen. If you did kill the Khan, I wouldn't hold you breath. I threw away a lot of ships when Portalus trashed game balance. Might as well stimulate the MOV market.

If you sank my Khan beforehand, then did you get the hauling fit one? I've thrown away countless ships on the OS. Ever get drunk and decide to troll about for free fights?

post-20-0-50456600-1418943558_thumb.png

Knew I kept that 3GB folder of ancient pics for something lol

there was so much QQ from that fight, only reason I remember it  :lol:  :lol:

attachicon.gif233.png

Knew I kept that 3GB folder of ancient pics for something lol

there was so much QQ from that fight, only reason I remember it :lol::lol:

Fight hauling fit boats with combat fit hard counter class moar. If I recall I gave you a load of firewood from that session. Had to throw the cards and fight since I got a bad tag.

I loved PoTBS, was my first MMO and had such a great community (started 5 years ago). I haven't really played for the last couple years and I started out on the Aussie server, but the eventually had to migrate to Roberts and Tiggy. Loved night flipping, loved the econ, and 6v6 PvP. My favorite vessel was the Mercy; I eaked every bit of performance I could out of her. Never could defeat a Rat though unless I was going to broadsides. I am glad to see a bunch ex-PoTBS'ers here.

My name was Lucky Jack (Brit).

I am really excited to see where Naval Action goes...

I would love to join an armada/clan/soc and I would love some recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I remember from PotBS was the awesome people that were there at the very start (way before the game launched) when the project was exciting, realist and hadn't take a dive into carebear heaven and magic stuff.

I specially remember those awesome folks that did some of the most incredible 3D modeling for the company. I'm sure some of them will be around here, and I was proud to provide some of them with real plans for Spanish ships.
There were some of them that went literally from no knowing how to model to make top notch models. It made me terribly sad to see all that hard work and dedication gone to waste in what the game became.

I have to say that I abandoned ship after beta, disillusioned and betrayed by the route things took. I really hope Naval Action takes the spot some of us were expecting PotBS to take.

(I went by this same name in those forums, years ago).

• Like 1

I was in (early) closed beta testing (even had to fax a signed form!!) and had, together with Mopster, the site burningseacommunity.com we planned to put it full of info and hoped to support the community. Still have a black t-shirt with the text "Support Piracy" and a glass mug for our efforts :D Joined a British Navy Squadron, that later got split into non-testers and testers. The latter continued as St.George Squadron. Some of them can be spotted here now too. However I lost interest due to the direction the game was heading (further away from sim, more arcade) and so I never touched it after release. The way THIS game looks however had my hopes up and it ignited a spark of my interest in this era and the age of sail, that PotBS started and I hope it delivers! :D

Somebody tell me who's missed Matthew Crestsilver/Nicolas Clive?

I'm back.

You were one of the Nobles! Gad, they came to France... musketeers I believe? Can't remember... But I so remember they all had their names that way. Porthos was one, but there was another who lead all the PB's...

• 2 weeks later...

Ahoy to all ex-PotBS veterans, especially the ex-Beta crowd!

Missing the Beta of PotBS especially, when the community was so... into the game really.

Once the game went to market, it never felt like it was finished, or at least it wasn't what I had hoped it would have become. (And many others I think)

The game had a good foundation for the ship combat parts, but everything built around it felt too "design by committee".

The customization was awesome, which is always a draw in any game. People like to be able to personify as much as possible.

Anyone that was in Beta or early game must have seen some of the flags and sails I put together.

Especially our guild crest for SMZS I was especially proud of.

Good times...

Curious to see how Naval Action will develop beyond its ship combat...

Have to read the rest of the forums now.

~Rutger Van Hoorn / Phunix

Former SMZS - PotBS

Ahoy to all ex-PotBS veterans, especially the ex-Beta crowd!

Missing the Beta of PotBS especially, when the community was so... into the game really.

Once the game went to market, it never felt like it was finished, or at least it wasn't what I had hoped it would have become. (And many others I think)

The game had a good foundation for the ship combat parts, but everything built around it felt too "design by committee".

The customization was awesome, which is always a draw in any game. People like to be able to personify as much as possible.

Anyone that was in Beta or early game must have seen some of the flags and sails I put together.

Especially our guild crest for SMZS I was especially proud of.

Good times...

Curious to see how Naval Action will develop beyond its ship combat...

Have to read the rest of the forums now.

~Rutger Van Hoorn / Phunix

Former SMZS - PotBS

Hi, just wanted to say about SMZS, Marion was here, she is inactive right now, tho :( You might also know ErikRed, he has also been noticed recently so he might come back in action soon :) 

Completely agree with some of the early POTBS vets here. Fingers crossed that as this project grows that it does not forget its roots and start going the way of disney and hollywood butchery. I want to feel what it was like back then not what hollywood would like me to believe to sell the masses movies.

• Like 2

I missed the first few years of PotBS and wish I hadn't, they sounded like fun times.  I came in toward the end of 2011 and enjoyed the game up until the major frigate nerfs that, in my eyes, ruined combat on the OS to the point where I quit pvp'ing period.  I loved PotBS for what it was and what thrill it gave me, but once the thrill was gone, the will to play was gone.  The last thrill I got from that game was sailing a Sovereign in port battles and catching people unawares with the range fit.

I'd been hearing about Naval Action for a while before I quit playing, and now I can finally say I have my key and am playing the game.  The sailing mechanics aren't much different but the aiming mechanics are.  It's a thrill to sail again, and with a game that shows a lot of promise.  If you think you know who I am, give a holler sometime, would love to chat it up about the old days.

I feel like a noob all over again, ain't it great.  :D

You're Hairy Fishnuts.

"The only time GnG ever beat a 6 man sOS PVP group was ONE TIME. You were in vanilla hercs and it was close to Ruddy. We were in Vengies and such, laughing our heads off about Vhercs and how much fun we were going to have with you. Without a care in the world, we sailed straight into your guns and lost 2 almost immediately...."

Memories.

http://forums.burningsea.com/forum/the-open-sea/antigua/93343-lf-pvp-pals

• Like 1

You're Hairy Fishnuts.

"The only time GnG ever beat a 6 man sOS PVP group was ONE TIME. You were in vanilla hercs and it was close to Ruddy. We were in Vengies and such, laughing our heads off about Vhercs and how much fun we were going to have with you. Without a care in the world, we sailed straight into your guns and lost 2 almost immediately...."

Memories.

http://forums.burningsea.com/forum/the-open-sea/antigua/93343-lf-pvp-pals

Well of course, that's what my name reads :P I never used it on PotBS though.

As for your link, haters gotta hate, *insert wistful tone* I do wish though that we'd gotten more respect.  I wasn't around for that particular 6v6 I believe, but there were many after it, some against SOS, others against OSJ, PAX, SND (and their french toons), IL, etc.  I do wonder though how many of us y'all proclaimed to be speed fit gankers actually were speed fit. I personally never ran more than 2 runners and no other speed mods, no need, and spec'd tough crew and never looked back.  Skelator was the survivalist, that dude could go down to 20 structure and live to tell it, I swear he must've been a cat irl with the amount of times he survived.  Domina, well, he was the feeding noob.  And the list goes on.

My point is, we were most definitely gankers, but I seriously doubt "speed fitting gankers" was the norm for us.  Ah well, notoriety does you in, in the end.  A lot of good memories there, I miss jenerik and wish he'd get off the burr he's on and get on here instead of playing Europa Universalis.

I've got no hard feelings from PotBS toward you Grim, or most any other player, excepting a few Brits.  New game, CLEAN SLATE, time to move on and make new memories.  :)