Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

Uninstalled some years ago but had some of my greatest moments in POtBS, "commanded" a great fleet of like minded individuals back in the days and had a blast

Too bad it all fell apart not too long after i left, ah well i will Always remember The Brotherhood though! ;)

Check us out, Were a band of POTBS captains looking to sail together in Naval Action. We understand that everyone has their clicks from POTBS and other games. So we have engineered a rank structure to allow you to sail with your click while still working as a team. We divide the Caribbean into squadrons so a group can do there own thing but still achieve a common when needed. If anyone is interested feel free to contact us. Check out our website http://tatteredflags1780.wix.com/navalaction1780 

-Slappin Happy-

-Jay Hapy-

• 4 months later...

I was a captain on POBTS on (french) "Hornigold" servor then on "Antigua" after the first great merge, always on spanish side with my guild "Marechaux du Roy".

Then i played pirates and french sides when the game lost a lot of players, but i have played so many time (years) and PB, with so great ambiance and good memories. Thanks all captains!

Now, i am on Naval Action and hope we will found the same great moments and fun, so many things can be improved and developp' to play the most exiting naval simulation game.

Eneil El Sublimo - Eneil le Terrible.

I'm sure my other post will get deleted asking where the old potbs crew was and here you guys are.  I haven't bought it yet but now that I see you old seadogs on here I just might have to pick this game up.  I used to run around with MUD and Remy in antigua on the french side back in the day.  How the hell you guys been?

• 11 months later...

Game seems to have really been coming back alive these past few months! Granted, nowhere near as crazy as it was back in '11 and '12, but we've been getting way more vets logging in as of late. Frogs zerged at the beginning of last map, followed by rats and later Brits came back in force and took the map. 24v24 PBs were seen again for the first time in years... and shows little sign of fading as this map begins.

Billy IronKidd has returned from his years-long hiatus and plans to bring back quite a few with him to Rat nation... the map ahead should be interesting!

6 hours ago, Cebrián Cabrero said:

Game seems to have really been coming back alive these past few months! Granted, nowhere near as crazy as it was back in '11 and '12, but we've been getting way more vets logging in as of late. Frogs zerged at the beginning of last map, followed by rats and later Brits came back in force and took the map. 24v24 PBs were seen again for the first time in years... and shows little sign of fading as this map begins.

Billy IronKidd has returned from his years-long hiatus and plans to bring back quite a few with him to Rat nation... the map ahead should be interesting!

Yes, it's picking up again. My Pirate clan is back with 5 people online everyday. 

Edited by Ned Loe

On 31.01.2017 at 8:42 AM, Cebrián Cabrero said:

Game seems to have really been coming back alive these past few months!

So true.

Port battles are full with queue waiting. As many people keep returning to POTBS theres real space for people to play pirate game genre. Have impression this game will never be sunk/left by people as NA is going to be. Hope many new players will be still joining potbs

PotBS was a really fun game, but my character is gone and I can't see myself going back (lost my wenden 3rd rate).

But I can see the potential that Naval Action has for core players. No one wants to grind PvE for hours and hours. Good PvP needs to be the core of the end game. Having no classes and equal access to ship upgrades and ships will make the game focus on practice and tactics. 

I dont want to see NA follow PotBS by allowing classes with huge perks, items that grant OP status, and gank squads slaughtering low level players. The game must focus on high level players in PvP. PvE needs to be good too, but more emphasis on PvP is vital. One of the best things about PotBS was getting a good squad together (NO's) and practicing ship tactics (turns, blocking, concentrated fire, and wind management), that made the game fun and rewarding in PvP.

The bad side were changes to classes and the implementation of the "resistance" system for armor. Everyone needs the same "class" of character with very small combat differences. They also need access to the same items for ship upgrades. Battles should be about teamwork, communication, and proper tactics. Not over powered items or skills. And a ganking penalty has to be implemented. 

As a former PotBS player I can tell you one thing: PotBS players are the best testers because that game had the most exploitation, hacks, ganks, flaw finding... PotBS players can exploit or find the flaw in any system. The key is to manage those things. Don't make Naval Action about getting all the "super" items or impossibly hard ships to get. The reward is in great teamwork and 1v1 PvP skill. Leave PvE for the "carebears", but make the PvP as good as it can be. 

• Like 1

On 02/02/2017 at 11:26 AM, Pierre de la Rocha said:

PotBS was a really fun game, but my character is gone and I can't see myself going back (lost my wenden 3rd rate).

True. That being said, if you get in with a good soc and build trust they should be able to get you a replacement for a good price. Levelling a new toon tho...

As a former PotBS player I can tell you one thing: PotBS players are the best testers because that game had the most exploitation, hacks, ganks, flaw finding... PotBS players can exploit or find the flaw in any system. The key is to manage those things. Don't make Naval Action about getting all the "super" items or impossibly hard ships to get. The reward is in great teamwork and 1v1 PvP skill. Leave PvE for the "carebears", but make the PvP as good as it can be. 

Spot on.

On 2/1/2017 at 6:26 PM, Pierre de la Rocha said:

I remember when we beat Forteleza de Luz the devs sent a team of a few guys in with us to see how we beat it.  No one else was getting even close.  We beat it the same way we (Spain on Roberts) beat Brits out number in port battles.  Take it to fort and avcom.  It was a crappy system but still fun, but if you do all the missions and get all the special stuff you can slaughter another player in avcom even if they out ranked you.  

Speaking of that any old Roberts Spanish players?  I started on the AUS server cause of working night shift, but we moved to Roberts when it merged.  Was Assassin de Cortez or soemthign and than we changed it toe Dead In the Red.    Cause we hunted the red zones like crazy. I  logged in the other day and noticed i had tons of obsolete ships.  I played as Nazzareth Dakkar (naval officer), Kaishia Dakkar (trader) and Girvan Dakkar my main Privateer.  I had 5 accounts so i had a bunch of other chars too, but all was for econ. I did play Girvan on tiggy as pirate.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2014 at 3:11 PM, Pnakotic said:

In the case of PotBS, I'd say the problem hasn't solely been detecting cheating, its been very inconsistent policies as to what sort of behaviors are allowed. And really lax enforcement even when people were caught cheating. They've waffled back and forth on econ-x-teaming at least three times, and it took a month-long forum revolt for FLS to acknowledge that using using alt accounts to sabotage RvR might have an adverse impact on the game. Hell, I don't think they ever even permabanned anyone over the months-long ship duping exploits, though they did slap temporary bans on a ton of people who had unknowingly bought duped ships via the AH... the general response to a new exploit was to compliment the exploiter for being clever, give infractions to anyone who complained about exploiting on the forums, and then ignore the issue until it hit such a critical mass that half a server had quit playing over it. I loved PotBS when I could get good fights, but I'm really amazed it survived as long as it has given the management.

Yep. 

Well said. 

I was feeling nostalgic about the old PotBS game last night.   Searched for the old forums today, only to find out they apparently no longer exist, ended up here in this thread.

I recognize some old familiar names from PotBS in this thread.  Hello to you all.

I loved the old PotBS game.  I loved the pvp both on the OS and in PBs.  I loved the old forum pvp too.  I even liked the old econ system :)    But most  of all I loved the community of players, both allies and enemies, in those days.   *sigh* nostalgia.

Anyway, some of you may remember me.  I was very active in PotBS  from the summer of 2008 to about the end of 2010, with occasional breaks during that time to recharge after long periods of intense playing.  

Societies I was in included Nine Winds and then Helter Skelter as a Pirate on Antigua, then Buena Vista Social Club as Spanish on Antigua, then back to Pirate again with Helter Skelter II on Roberts, then back to Spanish on Antigua with the revamped Renegade Legion.

Probably my most well known character was Charissa de Mornay.  

Anyway, just saying Hi in a fit of nostalgia for the most fun multiplayer game I have ever played.    :)

• Like 2

On 3/24/2017 at 1:58 PM, C. Mornay said:

Societies I was in included Nine Winds and then Helter Skelter as a Pirate on Antigua, then Buena Vista Social Club as Spanish on Antigua, then back to Pirate again with Helter Skelter II on Roberts, then back to Spanish on Antigua with the revamped Renegade Legion.

I remember you, we were in Nine Winds together for a while. Are you playing Naval Action now? Its not PotBS, but it has its moments.