Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

I am usually prudent about what I say because I know people may have very varrying points of view... however, PotBS was not only the best game I have ever played, it was most certainly the greatest MMO of all time (when it was at it's best). 

Whisper to NA developers: Copy the shipcom mechanic from PotBS as much as you can!!! Magic troll skills FTW! (thunder/break/invince/Final D)  :P

I guess I know you cant just copy PotBS... but don't blame me for dreaming!

I am usually prudent about what I say because I know people may have very varrying points of view... however, PotBS was not only the best game I have ever played, it was most certainly the greatest MMO of all time (when it was at it's best). 

Whisper to NA developers: Copy the shipcom mechanic from PotBS as much as you can!!! Magic troll skills FTW! (thunder/break/invince/Final D)  :P

I guess I know you cant just copy PotBS... but don't blame me for dreaming!

Unfortunately *cough* *cough* *hack* ...it will never happen... which is a real shame *cough* *hack* *wheeze*

• Like 1

Ahoy Captains

Here a former Spanish Captain from the old CEIO society on Roberts... I really enjoy read this forum and actually Im very eager to play this nice looking game, follow it since see the post on PA!, now just can't wait to sail one of those magnificent 1st rate I see on steam... hope have early access or open beta

Regards /bow

• Like 1

My society still playing PotBS. But we stop doing any rvr because its pointless. Playing on Roberts - an EU server, anybody can flip your ports at night and in results PB will be at 1am GMT. |Thats wrong game mechanics but there is another issue: Tell me what fun is from playing like that? no oppononents = no fun, but rats on Roberts dont care they want just win:) Sad bunch of lossers. More funny is that one pirate society on their website calling people to win a map because nobody play anymore:) 

Tiphat

". I then buried my gold"  where did u bury it Flint?  I think ill go on a tressure hunt - Uncle

Guánica! Up in them hills! Not saying nothing more ARRRR! Mateys!! Cut me a piece of cheese Jimmy Arkins, and poor me a spot of rum!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played PotBS in beta and release, stayed with it for a few months until the arcade sailing style got the better of me and I quit.  I tried again a few years ago as I never actually max my level, enjoyed it bit more but that was probably because I was levelling with a friend and was always handy the society as you progress.  I was on Roberts as a British Naval Officer.

I was never a fan of the arcade style sailing, I remember when the decision was announce on the beta forums it would take this route the silence was deafening and the next one was Flying Labs going to SoE.

Why I am looking forward to Naval Action, I could be very happy just to sail from A to B Trading, conflicts or with much realism while chatting on voip with other likeminded sailors, feels like Elite Dangerous on the High Seas.

Out of curiosity, what were some of the earlier, more realistic concepts that they had?

More detailed ship destruction, day and night. 5 more 1st rates and 50+ more new models.

Here are some ships that never made it:

HMS Royal William

6790544120_c86883990d.jpg

De Zeven Provinciën

Model_Zeven_Provincien.jpg

Friesland

FrieslandWeb.jpg

goto predestinatsia

thumbnail_400_400.jpg

Here is a link:

http://forums.burningsea.com/forum/the-shipyard/shipwright-discussion/49154-ships-in-progress-graveyard-diggings

it is kinda sad that PotBS servers are crap now, the server crash and people get DC all the time, there are no forum and support are minimal whatsoever. but i still play a little burning sea. when naval action is released i will probly dont play any more potbs and will go down with style sinking all my lineships and expensive frigs (yes i have all five kinds of firstrates)

Seems like alot of Nats on here.

I stopped playing POTBS when they started mucking about with the eco, instead of fixing the glaring problems that were staring them in the face. Why make more of a mess out of something that already (kinda) works, when large portions of your game are broken and you don't even have the forums back up? I played that game since 2011, but it was time to leave.

Loose Cannons forever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hame

now atleast the accuracy has been fixed so ya dont have 20% accuracy at 400 yards, this will surely bring back the lineships to pvp

This is they real FLS|Portalus shame: making changes without listening players, then reworking it because it sucks

Went back and played PotBS for a few days, still got a feeling like no other game. Except maybe NA when it reaches the open world stage  :)

Doesn't seem too different, was expecting the accuracy changes to have more impact. Some fun fights, but I think the skill level in PvP has gone down lol, either that or I have taken almost a years break and somehow come back stronger  :D

I picked it up again yesterday after months away, and I agree it has a very special feel to it. And I think most of the veteran PVP players have drifted away. Either that or they're xteaming again and they were just on another nation (or yours as the case may be.)

That being said POTBS feels like a great MMO. Naval Action feels like I'm really sailing a Man of War. You guys are making something really special here. 

It was a miracle they did not improve the :

cargo hul for the win system.. When one khan could not be demasted by 3 1st rates or what it was..

they kinda did you can buy and extra large cargo hold for your current ship giving it a 25% magic increase in cargo space for a bout 5-10 dollars depending on the size of your boat