Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

PrezesOi Torquemada reporting for duty

/salute PotBS veterans &  Game-Labs crew

I'm going to preorder NA this weekend and already purchased navalaction.pl domain :-) I belive this game will be "better potbs".

I loved 2008-2009 PotBS - for port battles, pvp, but mostly - for community & common-sense/mature FLS staff. Later it changed into a swamp.

Naval Action is free from magic "click that colorfull button to inflict 178,54% more damage"? Eventually! Hallelujah! Glory to developers, who apparently are  hardcore gamers too, that's perfect.

• Like 2

there where better times trust me

Sure, it used to have non-retarded AvCom. But I don't recall any time when there wasn't a surplus of gankers... except maybe right after launch, when the newb-to-ganker ratio was still high and the economy was screwed.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. A game. You assume the role of Edward Kenway and have a brig to sail. Funner than a box of puppies, a bag of chile cheese fritos, and a bottle of rum all at once. The ship fightin isn't very realistic though. The boarding is outstanding. The story is worthy of a really good novel.

Biggest problem with POTBS right now is Hamled, which happens to be CEO of Poratlus. And since their forums were hacked almost a year ago and they still havent reopened the website or forums back up you can really see how much they care about Players input. Not at all.

When they took over the game only real porblems were boarding and the fact that they had just made ECO more expensive, now they have changes OS engagement rules, ship comm and about to totaly screw up econ. I stuck it out here way too long, shoulda quit when they took over but Im addicted to sailing and PvP.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well few of my socmates from United Polish Navy will come here during slow process of death made by portalusgames on my beloved PotBS. And we hoping for Europe map so we can set our society base in Gdansk - polish port formally know as Danzig. In XVII century Poland had quite big fleet-mostly privateers and we fight a lot against Sweden and Denmark. There was as well few polish pirates both in english chanel and caribbean areas. Famous battle of Oliwa in 1627 between Polish navy and Swedish flotilla was victorious for us. Lost 47 mens captured one swedish galleon, another was sunked and about 700 swedish marines was tooken as prisioners. Gdansk was one of biggest ports of that era and like lot of north sea and baltic area ports was strong connected to Hanse trading company.

• Like 2

well i thought POTBS sucked right away my 1st day,looked pretty cool at 1st,but the community was terrible,they crapped on the new players playing all sides of the war setting people up ganking,them at the same time thier other tune is thier friend,,what a crock of crap.avcom was a joke, and level 50 meant nothing,the pirates ships and abilitys were so over powerd a level 30 pirate cud beat a level 50 naval officer,,then what you had to spend the next 6 months aquireing all the magic potents and all the super clickies,,was nothing but bul crap,,i did manage to kill 4 dons in port battels and about 4 pirates in the red zone with help and the best i did alone was fight 3 pirates to a draw in the red zone,but i also had problems i had a bug that kept transfering my avcom clcikies to my ship fighting abilits and when fighting real pvp my clcickies failed to function,portugalus got on it and it took about 3 weeks to fix,but, i was ready to quit any ways, the game was dead we find maybe 100 players were maybe playing, so most of the time you were playing against someones other toon,most were xteamers,,the rest had toons in every nation so you never really fought any one your own level,the developers yeah screwed up but i say it was the people that were left playing it that really killed the game,,if you dont look out for the new people and make them a part of something, they feel isolated and playing alone can be bad,,i had 9 new people in my society and all left after 2 or 3 weeks,becouse the game was so bad. i even got into it with thier leaders and they tried to hammer me in every way becouse i exsposed them for what they are,,and if any of you are here,,know this,,here there are no magic clickies,no magic drinks,,and no smoke and mirrors to hide behind,just good judgement,the weather guage,gunnery and sailing your ship so that changes everything,dont it..

LOL you fellas talk about pvp like your playin potbs,,these ships are exspensive,and your not going to be able to fight 20 battels a nite and lose 20 ships at what,,40 bucks a pop,,hope you have a big wallet,or better have lots of friends lol,,i still cant see the economy and still not sure how we are going to buy ships and what happens when they are sunk ,but so far what i do know,,our 1st ship the yaht,was 40 bucks,so not planning to lose that ship any time soon,,but when i get the xebec corsair,,then i can cause some trouble,but ill still be thinking twice about engageing.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL Portalus put halloween content into game:) And guys hold tight now: after u finish missions and get special loot to exchange for special items ...U CANT:) becasue you have to be meber of Captains Club (subsription for those who never played PotBS) but there is only one problem they removed Capitans Club over year ago!? Massive LOL for developers + i was trying few weeks contact them and ask about NEW patch...no reply...i never liked how they treat players but...come on:) Players alwas will ask hard questions ...and you (PORTALUS GAMES) hide head in sand...grow up! :)

I was a beta tester on POTBS. It was great at the start. It really pissed me off that they never upgraded the graphics. I also didn't dig the MMO aspects and lack of realism in regards to the time period. That was about all we had at the time. There was a lot of fun to be had at first. I spent many hours sailing and made a few friends. I'm hoping for the same here, but better.