Game-Labs Forum

POTBS

Zacaras

It is amazing to me to see how many people are still passionate about PotBS. Given PotBS' current state it is pretty clear that Naval Action is one of the few games that may take up the PotBS mantel and actually provide a better product. It will be exciting to see some familiar faces sailing in Naval Action!

The only concern I have with NA is not about NA per se, but the players, aka x-teaming. If game labs can manage to keep that at a minimum, either through one character per account or any other way, I'm positive itll be far superior.

• Like 2

Potbs wasn't a terrible game. It was a great game with a very bad managed company in the background. The Devs were terrible, Admins were terrible, Community was absolutely awesome.

I do miss this game A LOT. It was unique and I spent ....7 years or so on it? I loved the missions, I loved the sound, the music, the open sea(the sound of the ocean). To me, as a Naval fan, who loves history and nature, the game was somewhat magical, even though the graphics were pretty mediocre.

But the Devs killed the game entirely.

To me, after the account hack, the game was dead. Closing the Burningsea.com site, was an insanely bad descision. We all were active on the forums. All the bragging, hate, battlereports....it was emotional. The PvP was so good in this game, I can't even describe. The ganks, counter-ganks... 1v1, 1v2+ ,2v2, 5v5, 5v6, 6v6, Portbattles, you could have it all. You needed a strategy in PvP, you def. needed skill and know your ship,class whatever. That was unique.

They closed the Burningsea site, got rid of OS diplomacy, the introduced awfully bad patches, they tweaked/nerfed ships according to cry-babies instead of listening to experienced players. My account got banned for 6 months, because I sank an admin, who then simply claimed I was modstacking, which clearly wasn't the case. Even though I provided pictures, logfiles etc. over weeks. I simply got ignored. This kind of behaviour messed me up.

I loved everyone in this game, really. I had some 1vs1 where the battle lasted 1h+ and in the end both players killed each other with the final volley, how epic can a game be?

I will surely get in touch with Naval Action, I haven't played it yet. Time will tell, when the moment comes =).

So long Mo,

aka

Mauritius Hunter / Adolf Hunter (Roberts) and Purple Pink / Loolsius Rooflson (Antigua)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The most fun I have had in my 15 years of online gaming was in PotBS. It was in large part the community. The only thing I blame FLS for is the lack of advertising. I don't blame them for trying to change things to net more money. I understand what desperation does. Many times it was said too little too late. I enjoyed the cross nation banter and the forum antics. Sure some of it was toxic but the lack of it was even worse. In the end most of us had played with and against each other. It was more about good fights than easy wins.

/tiphat to everyone from Blackbeard to Tiggy and yes even Roberts. /grin

I stopped playing when they introduced the new economy they made it hell of a lot worse requiring more time spent sailing around transporting goods and all that bs and added the need to hire some workers or some shit which required another player to make.

Alejandro Viran reporting here.

Hello, ladies.

Mo was absolutely spot on, just what i think about POTBS... I do miss that game/community...

oh and hai everyone :)

Hello you two, nice to see y'all are still alive!

Hi all :) Shanks redhaired / monkey d luffy  / zion man here :)

God i QQ when i hear all these glorious things about potbs ( just rerolled 3 weeks ago , but found out all my good friends are missing and are here in these forums )

So guys add me up on steam zionman98 .

And hopefully we get to play together in naval action :) ( altho i need a KEY :P ) .

Anyways potbs is still there tho , its rlly easy to get back into it . and theres 6v6's and pb's not always 24v24 but it happends . 

i lvl'd my NO to 50 in 3-5 days with ez . and bought all pvp stuff from the ah ( no more need for grinding due burning sea notes ) . 

Anyways while we all wait for naval action :) lets get a revamp in POTBS and have a few last months of epic action :)

Greetz ,

Zion !!  ( matured zion even ;)

• Like 1

I went back to playing PotBS last week, and I'm actually really enjoying it for once, the last time I played it all I remembered was all the veterans in my society at the time telling me what I was doing wrong and not trying to help me improve because I was a new player. But now I've started from scratch again, joined a new society and I'm actually having fun. I'm playing as a British Naval Officer, I've only just got a 'van Hoorn' Snow from Port Royal, managed to get myself up to level 13 and now I'm on the hunt for those bloody Pirates! Having my first ship which actually looks like a "proper" warship is a real plus point, almost makes me want to grind all the way to level 50 in a few days.  :P

It's terribly outdated, but whilst I wait for access to Naval Action, it's the best I have!

Aloha!

So many familiar names 'round here :wub:

Like all in here I really miss the golden times of PotBS, RvRing on Roberts with all that great guys (were there girls too? Can't remember, must be the rum :blink:) kicking english and spanish butts.

I was rather exicted when I heared about this game. Did not have a chance for an ingame look at it but from what I already discovered it looks promising.

See you floating!

Edited by Benoit

I loves POTBS from beta till around free to play, I've played a lot of MMOs but this will always be my favorite. I hope that Naval Action can capture most of that magic, they just need to steer clear of the "realism" over gameplay crowd, above all else POTBS was a fun game to play.

Hi all,

I heard about naval action sometime ago and it's funny (and also a bit unsurprising) to see so many vets from potbs around here. It also was my first mmo and where I had some of my best game experiences so far. I started just after game launched. First soc was EDR on Roberts France with Pierrick, Gabriel, Tyillie, Henry and other really good guys. I also played for CB on Roberts spanish for a while with Tenikis, Tom Baines, Hovis, Stokes, Riet, Miggy, KB, Kiser, Matthew Darksteel, Zionman and so on. Looking forward to meet you all again in another great age of sail game.

Oh yeah, my chars name was Richard D'Aquitaine aka Rico D'Aquitanos for anyone who might remeber me! :) See you all soon you noobs and gankers, stop the QQ and ready your guns for some big PvP action. Too bad this game probably wont allow me to sail my 35 knots deadly pink cutter. Nah, just kidding! ;o)

Edited by Brennus

Hello, Elune Baq here, eager to sport an even classier miniskirt in High Rez, High Definition!

Can't wait to get some wind in me sails with the good ol' scoundrels on the Open Sea (and while vaguely hoping some of you remember me, I sure do remember alot of the names in this thread!).

Heard some HMK'ers made it into this thing aswell. You better be treating them right, or we shall have to exact Swedish Vengeance upon your arse. Nisse style.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Elune Baq here, eager to sport an even classier miniskirt in High Rez, High Definition!

Can't wait to get some wind in me sails with the good ol' scoundrels on the Open Sea (and while vaguely hoping some of you remember me, I sure do remember alot of the names in this thread!).

Heard some HMK'ers made it into this thing aswell. You better be treating them right, or we shall have to exact Swedish Vengeance upon your arse. Nisse style.

Oh... no way!The swedish is here!

Welcome aboard Elune !! :P

Played PotbS for nearly three years with the Saint George Squadron. I found the portbattles highly entertaining. Some of those encounters were the best tactical rvr-experiences I ever had (and I had some...). The first year was a good experience, the community was not too big and even rp was enjoyable. 

As some of you already mentioned, a bit later the game was Kind of "destroyed" with the changes that were made. Still miss those "old PotbS-days" from time to time.