Game-Labs Forum

what we play for

King of Crowns

@King of Crowns, my guess is SKittles finally lost his shit and decided to take his shit from the warehouse.  

He regularly gets farmed.   We took 500 teak off him yesterday. 

When Hemp showed up to try and avenge him we had a nice battle outside Frozen Cay. 3 Princes and  a store-bought Surprise (damn Heth) against 2 Hercs and a heavy Rattle.  

We focused Skittles and they stayed at distance.  And then ran when he sunk.  

• Like 3

Age of sail is about protect trade, establish trade control and mess up enemy trade. Funny how NA sandbox gives that same overview and opportunity.

Hitting such convoy is very proper, no matter how much salt or dislike is presented.

Thread moved to Caribbean news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

I'm kind of astonished that 3 player indiamen + 8 or 9 AI were not able to cluster around Rab and sink him.  @Rabman let me guess, no cannons?

Well that was the original plan actually, but the sqaure fort at Nippes was the factor at the start of the battle, so we sent them out.  The reason skittlesdakat sunk is because he panicked once the other 9 Indiaman were clear of the battle.  We got into an order of retreat which should of put 6 stern chasers on Rabman and would of been easily chained out for an escape for all ships.  That was working for myself and Mr Flint, skittles spent his time freaking out about having Spanish Rig on his ship rather than focusing on working on Rabman's sail.  I asked him 3 times to get the stern guns loaded with chain and start putting shot through his sails and he just simply failed to do so, all the while making excuses while Rabman worked his armor.  He acted like prey and got treated like prey.  At that point, Mr Flint and I went on the offensive and threatened the board which allowed skittlesdakat to get over 2000m separation from the battle where he continued to linger on bad courses and failed to escape the fight, Rabman finally tagged him at 00:00 at one point and then he more/less gave up, so we left him his fate with Rabman since he simply refused to fight smartly.  It is even more pathetic because we had Rabman down to 70% sails there is no reason that skittlesdakat didn't get out of that.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

Traders can be deadly in the right hands.  Our very own @William Death knows this all too well.

We don't talk about that evening. Just because I underestimated the toughness of LGV masts and was too embarrassed to run when I should have.

I'll never live it down.

Oh the humanity! Oh the horror!

Pls no talk about it.

But nice job @Rabman finding a treasure fleet like that. 

Still astonished that they couldn't get their AI to chain you as they worked masts and hull...anyways... MOAR SALT!

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

because they were cowards. just like everyone else in this game. 

Must say you impress me. Openly saying you are a Coward. It is a good start to be able to admit it. The question is do you want to be it ore be  a brave captain, ore do you just want to stay a coward.

And yes you admitted to be a coward, Everyone else actually include your self,

Edited by staun

12 hours ago, traitorous mctraitoro said:

I'm still confused why they ran?

581014a7e9e8aeea915301c04ee95d84.png

Should help visualize more.  Rabman came out of the west and we had just left port on a tack due to the winds, so we turned back toward Nippes and he got the tag on skittlesdakat right by the square fort pulling us all in.  Square forts are absolutely deadly at the range we were at in the beginning and Rabman was planning on dragging us closer to it, so if we'd of swarmed him as desired then we'd of mostly likely been demasted and/or sunk by the fort in the time it would of taken to actually sink or board Rabman, so I made the call to get the overall AI fleet out and fight him away from the square fort in more open waters.  You can see very clearly where skittles made his fatal decision by taking the West tack when he should of went North to give him even more separation and less of a direct course for Rabman to just tack through the wind and have him right off the bow at 2000ish meters.  Laid out pretty easy to see why we made the decisions we did.  Worked out for everyone who kept a cool head.

Edited by Hemp Amore