Game-Labs Forum

Patch 29. Sextant, shallow water changes, improvements in the User interface.

admin

5 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

But the game design is GameLabs only. We just participate with our ideas and no need to stay up clawing and hissing when they don't.

So true !

Shame on me : I'm getting addict to the Sextant perk.

I zigzag all over the map, enter every port.

Tacking and using the wind, I sail faster.

In OW, I ask my navigator 'Where are we ?' He yells : 'Press M'. Best RP ever !

🙂

• Like 2

There will be a introduction tutorial // new player operation, to help newcomers into the game, we can very well expect it to show, after a first battle, how to pick a captain’s perk and make you choose the sextan, then at the end of the operation, the game include a perk reset item in the rewards, so newbies can choose to keep it or prefer to optimize other aspects like combat related or Econ/craft..

A lot about the release success will revolve around the introductory operation.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

There will be a introduction tutorial // new player operation, to help newcomers into the game, we can very well expect it to show, after a first battle, how to pick a captain’s perk and make you choose the sextan, then at the end of the operation, the game include a perk reset item in the rewards, so newbies can choose to keep it or prefer to optimize other aspects like combat related or Econ/craft..

A lot about the release success will revolve around the introductory operation.

You are assuming we will have more tutorial tha. We have now.  Never assume any thing.  Though a proper first mission tutorial would be nice for new players but this game does kinda throw folks out into the fire.  This is even if the perk system stays around as it is an out dated system that needs updating with the rest of the current game mechanics.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You are assuming we will have more tutorial tha. We have now.  Never assume any thing.  Though a proper first mission tutorial would be nice for new players but this game does kinda throw folks out into the fire.  This is even if the perk system stays around as it is an out dated system that needs updating with the rest of the current game mechanics.

It s not assuming , it s in the devs plans for first half o 2019: new player operation : welcome to the Caribbean.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

All I wanted forever was the removal of the F11 debug coordinates. And that's it

That's a good enough reason for me.  I don't understand stand how keeping F11 matters now that we have the GPS dot, NA-Map and Shrouded Recluse's map.  But I'd change my vote to remove F11 only because it is so important to you.  Clearly there is something that I don't understand.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/8451-shrouded-recluses-map-with-accurate-coords/?tab=comments#comment-159381

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8pqnkfp3wb2nb5/prelimmap01.jpg?dl=0

https://na-map.netlify.com/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Macjimm said:

That's a good enough reason for me.  I don't understand stand how keeping F11 matters now that we have the GPS dot, NA-Map and Shrouded Recluse's map.  But I'd change my vote to remove F11 only because it is so important to you.  Clearly there is something that I don't understand.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/8451-shrouded-recluses-map-with-accurate-coords/?tab=comments#comment-159381

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h8pqnkfp3wb2nb5/prelimmap01.jpg?dl=0

https://na-map.netlify.com/

Did print this one http://i.imgur.com/bTQuOiw.jpg 

Has a place next other maps from other games on my cave.

My quirk with the coordinates is not navigation. Is pin point revenge gank setup and others less age of saily uses we, players, give to fine mechanics.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

My quirk with the coordinates is not navigation. Is pin point revenge gank setup and others less age of saily uses we, players, give to fine mechanics.

I don't understand your opposition, but I have enough confidence in your judgement to trust that it is a sound decision.  We can  to just say no to grid reference numbers.  

3 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Did print this one http://i.imgur.com/bTQuOiw.jpg 

Has a place next other maps from other games on my cave.

You mean the same gank fleets that do it any way off the F11 and use 3rd part apps to know exactly where they are.  New players and casuals don’t use these but why should we have to use a 3rd party map for things that should be in game.  The old cords was never exact that you would find something.  Just like Real life not every one is good at directions and navigation.  

Give me lag and long and map and I might find where I need to be 9 times out of 10.  

Most revenge gank fleets don’t need cords to find a battle right out side a port.

20 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Battle close in 2 minutes now, gank fleet not be worried due position. They will sail together, and gank you instantly. 

He’s talking about the revenge fleet that will sit out side the battle until it’s over.  Most time when I see this is folks tanking newbs and trade ships in green zones and try to run when it gets to hot.  You don’t want a gank fleet than hunt some where safer.

38 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

He’s talking about the revenge fleet that will sit out side the battle until it’s over.  Most time when I see this is folks tanking newbs and trade ships in green zones and try to run when it gets to hot.  You don’t want a gank fleet than hunt some where safer.

Almost like a pirate, except all the supposedly "good" players play this way taking the easiest kills possible then running away when things get real. This is why we need flags, if you want to play this way and not fight upfront you should do it and bother as few people as possible because baiting 20 people to chase you is idiotic.

59 minutes ago, z4ys said:

You want it skill the perk 😉

Two differ thing.  Perk is a god dot.  Map and cords you still have to check you long and than you lat and hope you got it right.  Just you would with a map real life.  You don’t want to do that than don’t do it.  If you want a GPS dot than get the perk.

Here the thing most of us don’t realy need these things cause we been playing the game 2+ year and know most areas like the back of our hands.  I mean I got over 9k hours in this game many of you have 1k or more hours and that is a lot. It new players and casuals don’t play that much and we need tools to encourage them to get out explore and stay and play.

• Like 1

I think I may mixing up things and not explaining them clearly.

Map with the grid is perfectly fine for me for sure. With the navigation lines even and known distances between ports. Hell, I even suggested several times a system for customisation of the map for clans so annotations could be made and automatically updated to all clan members.

F11 coordinates was never :) ever one of my things.

Example: You can see F11 coordinates from inside the battle. You cannot see GPS icon from inside the battle.

Hope it is a bit more clear now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

I think I may mixing up things and not explaining them clearly.

Map with the grid is perfectly fine for me for sure. With the navigation lines even and known distances between ports. Hell, I even suggested several times a system for customisation of the map for clans so annotations could be made and automatically updated to all clan members.

F11 coordinates was never :) ever one of my things.

Example: You can see F11 coordinates from inside the battle. You cannot see GPS icon from inside the battle.

Hope it is a bit more clear now.

Even when we had cords on map and grids you could only see out side battle on ow.  I think we all agree F11 should go pretty much.  What we want is the means to navigate in game with use of proper map grid and long/lat cords.  Yes some one could call out there cords but keep them none accurate (F11 is exact location).  Drop a decimal off the cords so you could be any where in the nearest 10-20km of that location.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

Yes, we should all have all of them automatically and access to all Books and Modules in the Admiralty shop. No more Animal Farm parody then. That's the way to go then we go full, no half measures.

Jesus Christ, with an attitude like that, how are you a -- wait, no. I don't want to get banned.

Anyway, do we have notes on the ~1mb patch this morning?

For me the light frigates in shallows are a mistake. It should be a protected area for 7th and 6th rates, which it isn't anymore. 

I would like to see medium waters between shallows and deep, where only 6th, 7th rates and light frigates may sail.

This would  give the lower ranks the opportunity to find some safety when the big ships come.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Sea Archer said:

For me the light frigates in shallows are a mistake. It should be a protected area for 7th and 6th rates, which it isn't anymore. 

I would like to see medium waters between shallows and deep, where only 6th, 7th rates and light frigates may sail.

This would  give the lower ranks the opportunity to find some safety when the big ships come.

Precisely I think it has been a very good idea to put the frigates in shallow waters, boats like the surprise, renome or cerberus no longer had space in the waters and now these ships have come back to life

He knows why:-)

Always liked the suprise, always use it. Now however I don't use 6th rates, pointless when a suprise is so good Vs them. For the same price. Maybe make the new deadmans zone a 7-6th rate only.

But I do like being able to counter the requin/herc spam in the shallows.

But Who knows better to actually give it time to test first, than change it.

• Like 1